2017 Pecking Order Speculation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Quantum

Re: 2017 Pecking Order Speculation

My speculative effort:

1.Mercedes
2.Ferrari
3.Red Bull
(Gap)
4.Force India
5.Torro Rosso
6.Williams
7.Renault
8.Haas
(Gap)
9.McLaren
10.Sauber
"Interplay of triads"

etusch

Until europe
1 ferrari
2 merc
3 Redbull
4 Force india / Renault

After europe
1 ferrari / redbull
2 merc
3 Renault
4 force india

Second half of seazon
1 Redbull
2 ferrari
3 merc / Renault
4 mclaren

Manjhi

I want to see most efficient to team to lead the pack :
1. Force India
2. Torro Rosso
3. Renault
4. Haas
5. Mercs
6. Red Bull
9. Ferrari
10. Mclaren

But after the testing-1 :
1. Mercs
2. Ferrari
3. Red Bull
4. Renault
5. Force India
6. Williams
7. Torro Rosso
8. Haas
9/10. Sauber/Honda

Raleigh

Top three looks like Mercedes with Ferrari pretty close and Red Bull slightly further away.

After that the order is harder to predict. Renault, Haas and Sauber had good testing weeks and are probably higher than their real positions. Meanwhile, Williams lost a total of 2 days testing to Stroll damaging the car so they can probably get a lot closer to the frontrunners, while Force India, McLaren and Toro Rosso ran on all days but had reliability issues, hence their bringing up the bottom of the table.

1 Mercedes / Ferrari
2 Red Bull
3 Renault / Williams
4 McLaren / Toro Rosso
5 Haas / Force India
6 Sauber

ALO_Power

So funny that some people classify McLaren as last team or second to last team. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is this your 1st day in F1 or 1st day in winter testing? I also wonder how most of the media write off McLaren just from testing week no.1 just because the new Honda P.U layout is all new and had few issues and without even seeing a proper lap from the team (with race spec not detuned P.U and chassis bits). In that logic we should classify Red Bull very low as well, but meh can't do that after all of this hype, right? :lol: .

Cheers :mrgreen:

edu2703

ALO_Power wrote:So funny that some people classify McLaren as last team or second to last team. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is this your 1st day in F1 or 1st day in winter testing? I also wonder how most of the media write off McLaren just from testing week no.1 just because the new Honda P.U layout is all new and had few issues and without even seeing a proper lap from the team (with race spec not detuned P.U and chassis bits). In that logic we should classify Red Bull very low as well, but meh can't do that after all of this hype, right? :lol: .

Cheers :mrgreen:
Don't take this too seriously. Everything written here are speculations. SPECULATIONS. Of course the pecking order can change with updates and so on. But here, nobody is forced to imagine if the team will bring updates and /or these updates will work or not.

ALO_Power

So awesome to get rated negatively (and with description, "sh@t post", really professional work) for my opinion which depicts part of the reality. I should do the same with everything I don't like then, good idea #-o . By the way, if you speculate with exactly what you see from testing then rename topic to 2017 Pecking Order as showed from Testing Week 1. You should put Sauber in top 4 with that logic (also fastest on the speed trap with 2016 spec Ferrari P.U, concludes that everyone went backwards, right? =D> ). Anyway, I admire that we all have different opinions but the fact that we get negatively voted for expressing them doesn't sound much democratic, does it?

FrukostScones

ALO_Power wrote:So awesome to get rated negatively (and with description, "sh@t post", really professional work) for my opinion which depicts part of the reality. I should do the same with everything I don't like then, good idea #-o . By the way, if you speculate with exactly what you see from testing then rename topic to 2017 Pecking Order as showed from Testing Week 1. You should put Sauber in top 4 with that logic (also fastest on the speed trap with 2016 spec Ferrari P.U, concludes that everyone went backwards, right? =D> ). Anyway, I admire that we all have different opinions but the fact that we get negatively voted for expressing them doesn't sound much democratic, does it?
while I condemn voting someone down with "sh@t post" ,
I think your post is a bit rude and off-topic.
rude, especially this part.
Is this your 1st day in F1 or 1st day in winter testing?
this thread is for fantasy and speculation and you can put the 2017 pecking order as you want . What you think, wish or feel. IT IS FOR FUN.
If you feel McLaren is better than 9. or ten 10. put it higher. I think people would have no problem with this.
But don't complain that people have no clue.

and as I ve seen, you didn't post any pecking order yourself, you are JUST complaining!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ALO_Power

FrukostScones wrote:
ALO_Power wrote:So awesome to get rated negatively (and with description, "sh@t post", really professional work) for my opinion which depicts part of the reality. I should do the same with everything I don't like then, good idea #-o . By the way, if you speculate with exactly what you see from testing then rename topic to 2017 Pecking Order as showed from Testing Week 1. You should put Sauber in top 4 with that logic (also fastest on the speed trap with 2016 spec Ferrari P.U, concludes that everyone went backwards, right? =D> ). Anyway, I admire that we all have different opinions but the fact that we get negatively voted for expressing them doesn't sound much democratic, does it?
while I condemn voting someone down with "sh@t post" ,
I think your post is a bit rude and off-topic.
rude, especially this part.
Is this your 1st day in F1 or 1st day in winter testing?
this thread is for fantasy and speculation and you can put the 2017 pecking order as you want . What you think, wish or feel. IT IS FOR FUN.
If you feel McLaren is better than 9. or ten 10. put it higher. I think people would have no problem with this.
But don't complain that people have no clue.

and as I ve seen, you didn't post any pecking order yourself, you are JUST complaining!
Well, it seems that I got this topic's aim fully wrong then so apologies for that. I thought this topic was about speculating how the pecking order would probably be after putting everything into account like testing, potential, development etc.. I didn't know that it was just about fantasy orders. So again, apologies for getting it wrong or sounding "rude".

GPR-A duplicate2

Over the years, there are few parameters that you can use to understand where teams are standing. If someone wants to rely on lap times and headline grabbing times ("Hollywood lap" as described by Mark Webber, looking at Schumacher's 2011 run on fumes), you are bound to go wrong. No amount of number crunching is going to help either.
1. Understand what the teams have targeted, even before the season starts, through their statements. Not the PR guys, but the ones who are close to the technical team (TD/Team Principal sort).
2. Whether they achieved the objectives that they set out to achieve in Winter Testing and how smooth their campaign was in testing. Regardless of how many miles they achieve, if the primary objectives of their test program are achieved, they are content with it and it is success for them, even if they face some glitches.
3. The body language and tone of the team representatives/drivers while talking to media. Teams have a way of understanding where they stand and where the other teams stand. They keep telling the usual things like, we don't know what others are doing, what fuel load is and stuff like that. But for sure, they know. The stronger the team is, based on their understanding of overall situation, the lesser they show their hand in the testing and sandbag the most.
4. Midfield teams go for glory runs.
5. If someone says, this is not the package that we are going to run in Melbourne, they are in soup.
6. The EXPERTS in media and on websites, have a job to do and they have to write something to earn, so they write.
7. Look for the noises coming from the Paddock (team members of various teams talking about other teams) and they are generally correct.

Generally, at the business end of the Winter Testing, the teams that have failed in achieving their objectives, sort of concedes that they are not in good shape OR they are not where they wanted to be. The teams that generally walk out happy, having achieved their objectives, stand to either have stepped up or maintaining their good performance of the past season, because, THEY KNOW.

Oh and yes, none of this is mathematics or science. :)

Vasconia

etusch wrote:Until europe
1 ferrari
2 merc
3 Redbull
4 Force india / Renault

After europe
1 ferrari / redbull
2 merc
3 Renault
4 force india

Second half of seazon
1 Redbull
2 ferrari
3 merc / Renault
4 mclaren
I would like to see this happening, really. I looks like a season with lots fo fun. :mrgreen:

PlatinumZealot

People are saying williams now.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

continuum16

As of right now, I'd say the flyaways will look like:

Able to win races on pure speed:
-Ferrari/Mercedes

Able to win races with strategy and/or a bit of luck, regular podium:
-Red Bull (+.5s from top 2)

Able to get the occasional podium:
-Williams (+.3s from RB)

Always in contention for points:
-Renault/STR/Force India/Haas (+.4s from Williams, within .25s of each other)

Struggling to score points:
-McLaren (+.5s from midfield)

Backmarker:
-Sauber (+.5s from McLaren)
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

dren

Mercedes - Red Bull

Ferrari - Williams

Renault
FI
STR

Haas
Sauber
Mclaren (I expect Mclaren to fight for best of the rest towards the end of the year)
Honda!

giantfan10

dren wrote:Mercedes - Red Bull

Ferrari - Williams

Renault
FI
STR

Haas
Sauber
Mclaren (I expect Mclaren to fight for best of the rest towards the end of the year)
Williams? you do know they admitted that their times close to or at the top of the time charts were low fuel glory runs right?