Silly Season 2017/2018

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WaikeCU

Re: Silly Season 2017/2018

Manoah2u wrote:
12 Jun 2017, 12:27
Renault 2018:"

Alonso or Kubica. + Hulkenberg

Ferrari 2018:

Vettel + Verstappen or Ricciardo or Hamilton

Mercedes 2018:

Hamilton ( or Bottas ) + Alonso or Verstappen or Ocon or Ricciardo

Red Bull 2018:

Verstappen (or Ricciardo) + Ricciado or Sainz or Kvyat

Mclaren 2018

Vandoorne + Button (nobody wants to be there anymore unless they get another engine, then Alonso MIGHT stay)
WaikeCU wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 00:18
Let's go nuts:

Mercedes
Hamilton
Verstappen

Ferrari
Vettel
Ricciardo

Red Bull
Sainz
Alonso

Williams
Wehrlein
Stroll

Force India
Perez
Ocon

Renault
Hulkenberg
Kubica

Toro Rosso
Gasly
Gelael

Haas
Grosjean
Leclerc

Mclaren
Bottas
Vandoorne

Sauber
Ericsson
Matsushita
:roll:

Vasconia

WaikeCU wrote:
12 Jun 2017, 12:12
Max says his season has been crap so far. 3 DNF's so far for the reason is certainely no RB standards and none of it was really his fault. Wouldn't be surprised if he's eyeing that 2nd seat at Ferrari or even Mercedes, if Merc decides Valterri isn't good enough. Truth be told, I think Ricciardo might have that Ferrari itch as well.

GM7

Ferrari : Vettel / Raikkonen

Mercedes : Hamilton / Bottas

RedBull : Ricciardo / Verstappen

Force India : Werhlein / Ocon

Renault : Alonso / Hulkenberg

Toro Rosso : Sainz / Gasly

Williams : Perez / Stroll

Haas : Magnussen / Giovinnazi

Mclaren : Grosjean / Vandoorne

Sauber : Matsushita / Galael

ringo

WaikeCU wrote:
Max says his season has been crap so far. 3 DNF's so far for the reason is certainely no RB standards and none of it was really his fault. Wouldn't be surprised if he's eyeing that 2nd seat at Ferrari or even Mercedes, if Merc decides Valterri isn't good enough. Truth be told, I think Ricciardo might have that Ferrari itch as well.
i dont think max is ready for any of those seats. He is too wild and impetuous. At the moment Ricciardo has him under control by playing it cool and counting points. Max needs to be a little bit wiser and try get some more podiums before ferrari or mercedes take him seriously. At the moment he is really talented but his talent seems to be more for entertainment than for challenging for a championship over 21 races.
Arguably Perez, though not as talented, has the consistency and maximises his car more than max, and is probably a more palatable driver for a top team.
For Sure!!

ringo

Manoah2u wrote:
12 Jun 2017, 12:27

Mclaren 2018

Vandoorne + MALDONADO :mrgreen: 8) (nobody wants to be there anymore unless they get another engine, then Alonso MIGHT stay)
For Sure!!

George-Jung

ringo wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 06:09
WaikeCU wrote:
i dont think max is ready for any of those seats. He is too wild and impetuous. At the moment Ricciardo has him under control by playing it cool and counting points. Max needs to be a little bit wiser and try get some more podiums before ferrari or mercedes take him seriously. At the moment he is really talented but his talent seems to be more for entertainment than for challenging for a championship over 21 races.
Arguably Perez, though not as talented, has the consistency and maximises his car more than max, and is probably a more palatable driver for a top team.
Ricciardo has Max under control? :lol:

WaikeCU

ringo wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 06:09
WaikeCU wrote:
In some degree I will agree with you on this, but then Vettel said it's fine his overtaking in Montreal after the start, which damaged his front wing. Max got lucky he didn't have a flat tire. Rewind a year ago when Kvyat dove into his inside on turn 1 in Shanghai and he brandished the Russian as being suicidal that day when Kvyat did nothing wrong. I'm sure Max is a great racer and probably one of the best on the grid. You cannot avoid the fact that Max has so much potential when he has the right car under him. Reason why Ricciardo is beating Max on points at the moment, is less technical failures on his car so far the season.

I'd still have Max over Sergio. Max has that race win under his belt, so he knows how to win, that's for sure. Both drivers race hard but fair. Although I'd might say Sergio tends to bang wheels whereas Max is right on the edge. And let's be honest, who would you have when rains comes down? I think that's pretty clear.

tom101

Ferrari : Alonso / Raikkonen (Santander continues as Ferrari sponsor)

Mercedes : Hamilton / Vettel (Mercedes wants a german, and Vettel will be at home)

RedBull : Ricciardo / Verstappen

Force India : Perez / Ocon

Renault : Grosjean / Hulkenberg

Toro Rosso : Sainz / Kvyat (Kvyat has Rusian sponsor)

Williams : Bottas / Stroll

Haas : Magnussen / Giovinnazi

Mclaren : Button / Vandoorne

GM7

Hamilton :
He will stay at Mercedes.

Vettel :
He will stay at Ferrari because he wants to become world champion with the Scuderia.

Alonso :
3 possibilities, he can stay at Mclaren if Honda are making miraculous progress or in the case Mclaren changes for the Mercedes PU. He can go to Renault or retire.

Raikkonen :
He's making a good team with Vettel at Ferrari, i don't see any reasons to fired him, either he takes his retire either he stays at Ferrari.

Bottas :
He's making a good job and Mercedes need a "number 2" to win the championship with Hamilton, he will stays at Mercedes.

Ricciardo and Verstappen :
They are very hight rated but i can't see any free seat for them at Ferrari or Mercedes. So they will stay at RedBull.

Perez :
He's actually very hight rated, he's actually targeting Raikkonen's seat, but in my opinion he has too much character to be associated with Vettel. He can easily go to Renault but he don't really look to want it. He needs to be careful about his young team-mate Ocon...

Ocon :
At 20 years he is about to outperform his very experienced team-mate. Renault is very interesting but Mercedes don't wants to let him go, he will probably stay at Force India.

Hulkenberg :
Big contract with Renault, he will stay for 2018 and 2019.

Grosjean :
He clearly wasting his time at Haas, he outperforms his team-mates since 2014. He has a lot of options, try to be in Raikkonen's or Massa's seat in 2018, why not replacing Perez or Alonso if they choose to go away.

Vandoorne
He will stay for a second year at Mclaren.

Sainz :
Renault or Toro Rosso, that's where he can go.

Kvyat :
If Sainz leaves, he can be at Toro Rosso next year, if it's not the case Gasly will take his seat.

Wehrlein :
He can go to Force India if Perez leave the team or stay at Sauber.

PlatinumZealot

I like you analysis.. Especially the part where Vettel stays at Ferrari in 2018 so he can try again to be a world champion for Ferrari! :-)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

WaikeCU

PlatinumZealot wrote:
15 Jun 2017, 00:07
I like you analysis.. Especially the part where Vettel stays at Ferrari in 2018 so he can try again to be a world champion for Ferrari! :-)
A documentary on Seb called "Reliving the Fernando experience" :lol:

continuum16

I think we may see Kubica return next year. The possible teams I think would be Renault, Williams, or Force India provided there are vacancies available.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

PlatinumZealot

WaikeCU wrote:
15 Jun 2017, 10:31
PlatinumZealot wrote:
15 Jun 2017, 00:07
A documentary on Seb called "Reliving the Fernando experience" :lol:
Yes, it also predicts that a Mercedes driver will win this year!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u

continuum16 wrote:
15 Jun 2017, 15:35
I think we may see Kubica return next year. The possible teams I think would be Renault, Williams, or Force India provided there are vacancies available.
No, IF kubica returns in F1, it will ONLY BE with Renault, and NOTHING else, and quite frankly, i can't see him go elsewhere after that either. In a far away possibility perhaps Ferrari, but i think that wont happen either way.
And why would it, Kubica has a fantastic relationship with Renault, and Renault is aiming to return to a battle for the WCC/WDC with one or more top-drivers. I think Hulkenberg is a great driver - but more or less of a Rosberg.
Kubica is the Hamilton in the equasion there. IMHO it's gonna be either Kubica, Alonso or Sainz.

Palmer is f1 history never to return soon. If Kubica isn't able at the end of this year, i think it's gonna be Sainz, unless Alonso wants to give it a try - which i don't expect.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dren

Alonso will stay at Mclaren or jump to Indycar.
Honda!