Silly Season 2017/2018

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
djos

Re: Silly Season 2017/2018

Manoah2u wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 23:29
BanMeToo wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 20:48
So it's pretty much set in stone that Wehrlein won't be considered at Williams because of his age, right? Seems a shame. Also what is Stroll's contract situation? I cannot remember.
you know, you could offcourse take the effort to simply look into the Williams topic , and discover that the idea that the age would restrict that is a total bogus thing that never made any sense......
Last I heard it was a condition placed on them by major sponsor Martini - you only need to see Stroll wearing Rexona colours and Massa wearing Martini colours to realise Martini dont wish to get in trouble for sponsoring someone, who in many countries, is under the legal drinking age.

He's not even legal drinking age in his home country yet (Canada = 19).
"In downforce we trust"

zac510

zeph wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 23:40
Manoah2u wrote:
BanMeToo wrote:
So it's pretty much set in stone that Wehrlein won't be considered at Williams because of his age, right? Seems a shame. Also what is Stroll's contract situation? I cannot remember.
you know, you could offcourse take the effort to simply look into the Williams topic , and discover that the idea that the age would restrict that is a total bogus thing that never made any sense......
Is it, though? It has been widely reported that Martini requires at least one driver over the age of 25, for promotional reasons.
you know, you could of course take the effort to simply look into the Williams team topic, and..

Manoah2u

can you just please check out the williams and kubica thread. for reals.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

djos wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 23:41
Manoah2u wrote:
BanMeToo wrote:
Last I heard it was a condition placed on them by major sponsor Martini - you only need to see Stroll wearing Rexona colours and Massa wearing Martini colours to realise Martini dont wish to get in trouble for sponsoring someone, who in many countries, is under the legal drinking age.

why does this keep getting milked to no end? for real.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

djos

Manoah2u wrote:
06 Oct 2017, 00:14
djos wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 23:41

why does this keep getting milked to no end? for real.
Seriously this is the reality, if you keep substituting your own, dont be surprised when folks call you out for it!
"In downforce we trust"

zeph

I looked in the Williams thread. So there is another report now that states Williams says there is no contractual obligation for them to pick another driver over age 25. I could link to several reports that state otherwise, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

NL_Fer

Jolle

So, I guess either Kvyat or Buemi back in the STR next race, or both if Gasly will take on the SF challenge.

ChrisDanger

Jolle wrote:
07 Oct 2017, 13:55
So, I guess either Kvyat or Buemi back in the STR next race, or both if Gasly will take on the SF challenge.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sain ... so-962689/

Pierre Gasly will race for the Toro Rosso Formula 1 team in the United States Grand Prix, as Carlos Sainz moves to Renault to replace Jolyon Palmer.

Daniil Kvyat, who lost his seat to the Frenchman for Singapore and Japan, will return to the Faenza squad for the Austin event.

WaikeCU

Where's Sainz saying he's racing his last race for STR tomorrow?

PlatinumZealot

Looks like daddy Palmer got sick of the situation and withdrew his money. They had a contract and jolyon's performance was good in recent races so only conclusion i can draw.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

ringo

Cyril is under pressure to meet his target at the end of the season. I was looking at the points standing in the constructors and come to realize that Renault can catch Toro Roso if both drivers get points.

Cyril is being proactive in seeing if Sainz can close that gap for them. I remember they set a target at the season to be P5 in the constructors?
They can't get that now, but they can still try and score double point finishes for the rest of the season.

I guess the plan was always there to get rid of palmer and the last few weeks were spent by the lawyers dismantling Palmer's contract and they found the loophole to finally stick a fork in him. :(
For Sure!!

FrukostScones

PlatinumZealot wrote:
07 Oct 2017, 16:41
Looks like daddy Palmer got sick of the situation and withdrew his money. They had a contract and jolyon's performance was good in recent races so only conclusion i can draw.
probably withdrew it and him to send him and it to Williams testing against Kubica/DIR.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Manoah2u

ringo wrote:
07 Oct 2017, 18:12
I guess the plan was always there to get rid of palmer and the last few weeks were spent by the lawyers dismantling Palmer's contract and they found the loophole to finally stick a fork in him. :(
palmer is a complete waste of f1 space. if daddy didn't throw so much money about and made a tight contract, he would have been out ages ago like he actually should have.

charisma of a haystack and the driving capacity of a mothball.
the only one left in the field of similar capacity is ericsson, and hopefully, he'll be gone next year too.