Silly Season 2017/2018

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Sevach

Re: Silly Season 2017/2018

ringo wrote:
26 Oct 2017, 05:21
Marko is basically a young driver pimp.
But i see a future for Kvyat.. he can get that williams seat. He can be reformed into a good driver. He has the speed and that's something you cannot teach. He can be taught to improve his weaknesses.
I rather much see him get a chance in the Williams car in a new environment outside of the redbull farm. If its even for him to drive a few races and share the season with a Kubica.
They could sign Kvyat as a reserve with Kvyat banking on the possibility that Kubica proves not healthy enough to perform...

Vasconia

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Oct 2017, 17:03
Kvyat still has a RedBull contract. He is basically slave to redBull he aint going nowhere!

Kvyat at RedBull right now:

https://images.moviepilot.com/images/c_ ... e-hutt.jpg
I hope RB has finally some degree of human decency and release him.

krisfx

djos wrote:
26 Oct 2017, 23:22
NathanOlder wrote:
26 Oct 2017, 14:06
Surely wehrlein is done. Looks like he is losing the Merc backing, and he hasn't smashed Ericsson so its not looking good for him.
and let's not forget he has a bad reputation for being a diva despite having accomplished SFA.
Not that I'm defending him being a diva, but being the youngest DTM champion isn't exactly an easy achievement, he has accomplished things, people are just too lazy to research it.

djos

krisfx wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 10:08
Not that I'm defending him being a diva, but being the youngest DTM champion isn't exactly an easy achievement, he has accomplished things, people are just too lazy to research it.
DTM Championship vs F1 is hardly something to write home about, same applies to V8 supercars and most other touring car categories.
"In downforce we trust"

Jolle

For Kvyat, he had (almost) four F1 seasons, that’s four more then most drivers. In those four years there was, after a few hopefull drives in 2014 not much development. As far as we know he hasn’t been on the top of any list by other teams (unlike all his former teammates)... yes RedBull/Marko are ruthless, but Kvyat had his chances.

Now (probably) after F1 he can be sure of lots of interesting professional drives and make a good living.

marmer

djos wrote:
krisfx wrote:
DTM Championship vs F1 is hardly something to write home about, same applies to V8 supercars and most other touring car categories.
To show its lack of talent.

Of all the champions only 3 have raced in F1

Pascal Paul and Bernd Schneider'
Who never got a point and was in F1 almost ten years before he won the current format of DTM.

David Coulthard went over to it after he was well past it. Paul di resta only did it after he had nothing else to do.

Jolle

marmer wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 10:49
djos wrote:
krisfx wrote:

Who never got a point and was in F1 almost ten years before he won the current format of DTM.

David Coulthard went over to it after he was well past it. Paul di resta only did it after he had nothing else to do.
I would think that Mercedes has lots of data on him, from FI, their own tests, DTM and the sim. Stating that he has no or lack of talent because he won a not so difficult championship is a bit easy. Mercedes wouldn’t invest millions in someone on the bases he races well against some old blokes. It’s more that Mercedes didn’t have enough fast seats for single seater development and puts their junior drivers in DTM for a year (Like Ocon, Alberts). Big chance that would have been the path of Hamilton in 2007.

krisfx

Jolle wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 11:00
marmer wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 10:49
djos wrote:

I would think that Mercedes has lots of data on him, from FI, their own tests, DTM and the sim. Stating that he has no or lack of talent because he won a not so difficult championship is a bit easy. Mercedes wouldn’t invest millions in someone on the bases he races well against some old blokes. It’s more that Mercedes didn’t have enough fast seats for single seater development and puts their junior drivers in DTM for a year (Like Ocon, Alberts). Big chance that would have been the path of Hamilton in 2007.
DTM is not as easy as some make out, the F1T community does seem to wear blinkers, though.

NAPI10

If not Wiliams,Kvyat can go to FI as a reserve driver for 2018.Eventually replacing Ocon or Perez in 2019 -
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one ... o-mercedes

godlameroso

To me it seems Perez's run in F1 will end in a year or two, as will Grosjean and Magnussen. Wherlein should come race here in the states, Indy perhaps. Or maybe try his hand at endurance racing.

Say what you will but some WEC GTE factory drivers could give some of the f1 talent a run for their money.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

I really want to see Perez in a Ferrari even if it means being Vettel's lap dog.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

djos

PlatinumZealot wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 06:39
I really want to see Perez in a Ferrari even if it means being Vettel's lap dog.
Lol, he had his chance at McLaren and blew it, no top team will ever hire him now.
"In downforce we trust"

hemichromis

Perez's only hope was as a Ferrari second driver. This year he's shown behaviour that wouldn't be accepted there. He really should have taken Renault's offer!

NL_Fer

Perez is finished, after his behaviour this year and Ocon has more natural speed. Hulkenburg did made a good choice, Force India is at its peak now and the Renault chassis is already on par, even becoming faster. They will be nr5 next year, Force India 6.

PlatinumZealot

What behavior? He behaved no different that any other driver wanting to beat his teammate. Remember Ocon is the guy that beat Max in equal cars. Perez beat Hulk, who is currently 3 tenths faster than Sainz who was arguably quicker than Max. So everything pointing to Perez as a quick driver. One might ask about him Vs Button. Remember he outqualified Button... who by statistical analysis is equal over a single lap to Vettel.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏