Silly Season 2017/2018

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nokivasara
nokivasara

Re: Silly Season 2017/2018

Leclerc and Ericsson to drive for Sauber 2018?
https://www.blick.ch/sport/formel1/out- ... 30501.html

I hope that Sauber can at least fight for points next year, hate to see a team that much slower than the others. Whichever drivers they'll end up with...

WaikeCU

PlatinumZealot wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 18:53
What behavior? He behaved no different that any other driver wanting to beat his teammate. Remember Ocon is the guy that beat Max in equal cars. Perez beat Hulk, who is currently 3 tenths faster than Sainz who was arguably quicker than Max. So everything pointing to Perez as a quick driver. One might ask about him Vs Button. Remember he outqualified Button... who by statistical analysis is equal over a single lap to Vettel.
I don't want to point out stereotypes, but southern temperaments do flare and Perez is none different than others. When things aren't in their favor they'll lose focus and become reckless.

marvin78
marvin78

PlatinumZealot wrote:
What behavior? He behaved no different that any other driver wanting to beat his teammate. Remember Ocon is the guy that beat Max in equal cars. Perez beat Hulk, who is currently 3 tenths faster than Sainz who was arguably quicker than Max. So everything pointing to Perez as a quick driver. One might ask about him Vs Button. Remember he outqualified Button... who by statistical analysis is equal over a single lap to Vettel.
That only shows that a drivers performance can't be measured by an obsever from the outside. Nothing more, nothing less. All this comparisons over different teams and seasons are simply useless.

Sniffit

nokivasara wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 19:52

I hope that Sauber can at least fight for points next year, hate to see a team that much slower than the others. Whichever drivers they'll end up with...
Will probably be a pretty good line-up if true, Ericsson will bring some consistency and experience, LeClerc the raw talent.

zeph
zeph

WaikeCU wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 15:22
PlatinumZealot wrote:
I don't want to point out stereotypes, but southern temperaments do flare and Perez is none different than others. When things aren't in their favor they'll lose focus and become reckless.
Please, stop. The guy with the worst temper on the grid is Vettel, mr. Teutonic himself.

I'd downvote your post if I could.

PlatinumZealot

WaikeCU wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
I am actually trying to remember which race did Perez's "Southern Temperament" flared up. :?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

nokivasara
nokivasara

Sniffit wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 18:48
nokivasara wrote:

Will probably be a pretty good line-up if true, Ericsson will bring some consistency and experience, LeClerc the raw talent.
I think so too, Ericsson is actually pretty good at finishing the races, he often stays out of trouble. He would need to be much better on friday to be better prepared for qualy, he seems to keep making adjustments all the way to his last run in Q1.
I think he is a pretty decent driver, and surely a good team mate for a rookie.

nokivasara
nokivasara

WaikeCU wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
F1 needs temperamental drivers, Perez and Ocon has had their brain farts this year but so did Nico and Ham, and pretty much any other even driver pairing. I don't think Perez is any worse than any of the others.
Maybe I just have a selective memory? :mrgreen:

WaikeCU

PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 19:56
WaikeCU wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
I am actually trying to remember which race did Perez's "Southern Temperament" flared up. :?
I don't know if being over aggressive has to do with southern temperaments, because in 2013 he has made a lot of contact with others in that Mclaren. Then there's Maldonado who also loses temperament at times making contact with others. Massa has also a record of making contact with other drivers when it could have gone a lot better. Fernando also has a fair bit himself, because of that Mclaren.

Maybe the wrong words, but I'm trying to say that Perez thinks he's the main man at Force India and thinks he can get whatever he wants like in Montreal where he ignored team tactics, coming together between him and his teammate and requesting through team radio asking Ocon to let him pass multiple GP's, because he thinks he's 'so' much faster than him.

PlatinumZealot

It is mind games. It is a sport. Perez is getting into Ocons head and smartly so. Crowd his gearbox and show him he's nothing! I call that tactics.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Vasconia

nokivasara wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 21:03
Sniffit wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 18:48
nokivasara wrote:

I think so too, Ericsson is actually pretty good at finishing the races, he often stays out of trouble. He would need to be much better on friday to be better prepared for qualy, he seems to keep making adjustments all the way to his last run in Q1.
I think he is a pretty decent driver, and surely a good team mate for a rookie.
At first he was mediocre but he has improved enough to be considered a decent driver. He is solid and constant, and he brings money so its a good choice for Sauber.

marmer
marmer

PlatinumZealot wrote:It is mind games. It is a sport. Perez is getting into Ocons head and smartly so. Crowd his gearbox and show him he's nothing! I call that tactics.
Should Out qualify him to show him up sitting behind doesn't show a great deal of anything. Just talking on the radio saying your faster just makes you look childish. And if he is such a big dog at force India he should just overtake him like any other driver

GPR-A duplicate2

marmer wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 12:59
PlatinumZealot wrote:It is mind games. It is a sport. Perez is getting into Ocons head and smartly so. Crowd his gearbox and show him he's nothing! I call that tactics.
Should Out qualify him to show him up sitting behind doesn't show a great deal of anything. Just talking on the radio saying your faster just makes you look childish. And if he is such a big dog at force India he should just overtake him like any other driver
The year started with Checo beating Ocon with decent margin in qualifying. But Canada seems to have to instilled fire in Ocon. After Canada, for a number of races, the difference in qualifying was just a tenth between the two, where Perez was ahead. But in the last 4-5 races, Ocon has been outqualifying Checo by quite a big margin. The margin is increasing, which shows that Ocon is really finding his feat in F1.

WaikeCU

GPR-A wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 15:16
marmer wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 12:59
The year started with Checo beating Ocon with decent margin in qualifying. But Canada seems to have to instilled fire in Ocon. After Canada, for a number of races, the difference in qualifying was just a tenth between the two, where Perez was ahead. But in the last 4-5 races, Ocon has been outqualifying Checo by quite a big margin. The margin is increasing, which shows that Ocon is really finding his feat in F1.
And minding you that Ocon had been running a couple times in 3rd place during the race keeping the likes of Kimi behind him, is quite impressive as well.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Driver performance does not stay the same throughout the whole career of these drivers, it's not fixed.
They can improve or lose their speed, race craft, temperament and physical or mental health. :lol:
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…