What happened to Roland Ratzenberger's car?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
OceanExplorer47

What happened to Roland Ratzenberger's car?

Does anyone know what happens to a racecar after it's been involved in a fatal incident? I was curious what happened to Senna's after his crash and I discovered that Williams had it dismantled.

So I wonder what happened to Roland Ratzenberger's? Is it known if it was dismantled, or crushed, or recycled? Or was it sold to a private collector - which personally I think is a little creepy...

Is it publicly known?

Cheers!

PlatinumZealot

Re: What happened to Roland Ratzenberger's car?

Who would want that around? Imagine if it had to be cleaned up? Even worse if it were not cleaned up at all! Very creepy indeed.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:
12 Jun 2017, 22:11
Who would want that around? Imagine if it had to be cleaned up? Even worse if it were not cleaned up at all! Very creepy indeed.
weird comment mate. really weird.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Shrieker

A very legit question. I wonder as well, now that you've asked.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

ChrisDanger

Manoah2u wrote:
12 Jun 2017, 23:28
PlatinumZealot wrote:
We should really avoid making personal judgements on a public forum. Everyone's different, some people are going to seem weird to some others. You don't need to post every thought you have, especially if it doesn't contribute to the discussion at hand.

Manoah2u

ChrisDanger wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 08:04
Manoah2u wrote:
12 Jun 2017, 23:28
PlatinumZealot wrote:
We should really avoid making personal judgements on a public forum. Everyone's different, some people are going to seem weird to some others. You don't need to post every thought you have, especially if it doesn't contribute to the discussion at hand.
an honest question is placed about the remains of a car, not a human being, and then a comment like that appears. especially in the light that ratzenberger had no actual 'wounds' in the sense senna had. It is believed Ratzenberger broke his neck immediately upon a possible 200+ MPH collision after probably losing his front wing and slamming into the concrete wall, essentially killing him by impact. there never was blood, guts or whatever in the car, and then a question raises of who'd want that.

it's not a point of wanting something, it's a point of what happened to the car - like what happened to senna's, which was impounded for investigation. i would assume something similar should have happened to that of ratzenberger.

the question thus is what happened to that car, as that accident was rather snowed under by Senna's death.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

OneAlex

Looking into Senna's car, apparently it wasn't destroyed by Williams after all:

http://m.crash.net/f1/news/41881/2/will ... elics.html