Should McLaren stay with Honda or switch to Mercedes power units?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

1. Stay with Honda.
63%
2. Switch to Mercedes for 2018, in 2018.
16%
3. Switch to Mercedes for 2018, in 2017 (asap).
20%

Total votes: 158

Chuckjr

I've heard valid arguments from both sides. I'm curious what the overall consensus is.
Last edited by Steven on 18 Jun 2017, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed title
Watching F1 since 1986.

zac510

Re: New pole

I'm satisfied with the old Pole Kubica.

Steven
Owner

Re: Should McLaren stay with Honda or switch to Mercedes power units?

Topic allowed, but only for the sake of voting please.
Discussion to go in the existing threads please

ENGINE TUNER

Pay Merc to lose to Merc or Get paid by Honda to Lose to Merc, easy decision.

Honda will get better(they certainly can't get worse).

Andres125sx

Voted for Honda, but only if they can finally show some real improvement this season with the awaited big upgrade. Or in other words, too soon to make such a crucial decision

Facts Only

ENGINE TUNER wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2017, 16:08

Some people said that last year...
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Stormy

They should stick with Honda because they will only be Merc's vassal team as a customer. Better results but at what cost? Like Ron Dennis said, you can't be a champion as a customer.

There are also rumors that Zac Brown had a meeting with both Toyota and Porsche at the 24H Le Mans. So they may have Merc as a temporary solution till they find an exclusive partner in Toyota or Porsche with the new engine regulations. However, Honda may make it right till then and they'll struggle again with Toyota or Porsche hahah.

adrianjordan

Stormy wrote: ↑
19 Jun 2017, 12:41
They should stick with Honda because they will only be Merc's vassal team as a customer. Better results but at what cost? Like Ron Dennis said, you can't be a champion as a customer.

There are also rumors that Zac Brown had a meeting with both Toyota and Porsche at the 24H Le Mans. So they may have Merc as a temporary solution till they find an exclusive partner in Toyota or Porsche with the new engine regulations. However, Honda may make it right till then and they'll struggle again with Toyota or Porsche hahah.
Probably trying to find a team willing to run a Mclaren branded car in next years LM 24Hr for Fernando to drive... Imagine is they got Alonso, Button and Vandorne as their drivers... Pretty cool idea I reckon!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Stormy

adrianjordan wrote: ↑
19 Jun 2017, 15:54

Probably trying to find a team willing to run a Mclaren branded car in next years LM 24Hr for Fernando to drive... Imagine is they got Alonso, Button and Vandorne as their drivers... Pretty cool idea I reckon!!
You may be right. Some media is speculating that they are trying to make an F1 deal as well though. Who knows, we'll see.

Jolle

19 Jun 2017, 18:38

You may be right. Some media is speculating that they are trying to make an F1 deal as well though. Who knows, we'll see.
Talking to Porsche and Toyota because Honda keeps breaking down... at the race they all broke down. Isn’t McLaren just jinxed?

ENGINE TUNER

Facts Only wrote: ↑
19 Jun 2017, 11:52

Yeah you right

Jolle

19 Jun 2017, 21:32
Facts Only wrote: ↑
19 Jun 2017, 11:52

Yeah you right
Well, McLaren should at least beat Sauber next year...

Andres125sx

Too good to be true, but it would be epic

PlatinumZealot

I say switch to mercedes it is painful seeing Alonso like this.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

marmer

Andres125sx wrote:
Too good to be true, but it would be epic
Could they not just run one of the road cars in GT class or do they not qualify

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk