Petition against halo in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RS200E

Petition against halo in F1

The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

djos

Re: Petition against halo in F1

It'd be interesting to see how many F1T members sign it.

I personally have. imo if the want to improve safety then the Shield design is the best looking option.
"In downforce we trust"

giantfan10

djos wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 03:18

I personally have. imo if the want to improve safety then the Shield design is the best looking option.
Improve safety with a pretty design that makes the driver dizzy, because looks are what really matter. Priceless.
I will not be signing that petition.
I suspect that a large majority of the people that signed it are using looks as the deciding factor.
This is about SAFETY and the halo is the safest option the FIA have available to them at this point.period.
God forbid another driver dies from head trauma while the governong body is going around in circles trying to find the perfect solution... will all the petitioners pitch in to pay the millions of dollars the governing body will have to pay after they get sued and lose?

RS200E

5670 signatures so far.

Manoah2u

i've already signed it moments after it was brought to life. that means there's about 4000 signatures in 24 hours added since then. good stuff. it won't make a difference, they'll do however they see fit either way. still.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

RS200E

giantfan10 wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 03:32
djos wrote:

Improve safety with a pretty design that makes the driver dizzy, because looks are what really matter. Priceless.
I suspect that a large majority of the people that signed it are using looks as the deciding factor.
This is about SAFETY and the halo is the safest option the FIA have available to them at this point.period.
God forbid another driver dies from head trauma while the governong body is going around in circles trying to find the perfect solution... will all the petitioners pitch in to pay the millions of dollars the governing body will have to pay after they get sued and lose?
Jean is that you?

Manoah2u

giantfan10 wrote:
djos wrote:

what on earth are you talking about. the Halo ALSO makes the driver dizzy.
AND doesn't protect the driver from debris like MASSA's incident, OR from a control arm smashing into the drivers head ALA senna. #-o you have no idea what you're talking about. sign or don't sign, i could care less but this reasoning? wow.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

giantfan10

RS200E wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 16:20
giantfan10 wrote:
djos wrote:

Jean is that you?
No its not Jean,just a rational logical human being. Lol. Good one though.

adrianjordan

giantfan10 wrote:
djos wrote:

The drivers all sign contracts and those contracts will, I am sure, waive the right to sue if they are injured or killed in an accident....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

giantfan10

adrianjordan wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 22:33
giantfan10 wrote:
djos wrote:

The drivers all sign contracts and those contracts will, I am sure, waive the right to sue if they are injured or killed in an accident....
Thats why the Bianchi family has the FOM and the FIA in court as we speak.

McL-H

giantfan10 wrote:
djos wrote:

This isn't about safety. This is about politics.. F1 is safe enough as it is. I run more risk when going to work everyday than these guys run a risk while driving these cars.

NathanOlder

Signed.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ME4ME

giantfan10 wrote:
djos wrote:

I'm with you on this one. I won't sign either. The FIA were willing to delay the introduction to 2018 and gave everyone involved the time and possibility to have their input and come forward with solutions. But in the end, however unattractive, there is no way back. Hopefully though, there is a way forward in the form of rapid development of a better way to incorporate head safety in the overal car design.

SR71

Manoah2u wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 16:23
giantfan10 wrote:
djos wrote:

what on earth are you talking about. the Halo ALSO makes the driver dizzy.
AND doesn't protect the driver from debris like MASSA's incident, OR from a control arm smashing into the drivers head ALA senna. #-o you have no idea what you're talking about. sign or don't sign, i could care less but this reasoning? wow.
Where is the source reports for HALO use and dizzy drivers?

Also, in massas incident the Halo could have deflected and taken a serious amount of energy out of any debris.

Same goes for Senna, the control arm lenght would have to be longer than the gap between Halo and driver which is quite large.

I think the only people who have no idea what they are talking about are those against the halo for aesthetic reasons, those who claim to know all computer simulations tested on the halo (which is every formum member) and those unable to provide a safer and more appealing solution.

In the end it changes nothing with regards to racing.

NathanOlder

So its safe to say Niki Lauda would have died if he had the Halo ?? As it would have taken longer to get him out, it would have been harder to get him out.

I signed it as I think it will cause as many problems as it will cure.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC