Vision of Formula 1 nearby future

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GM7

Vision of Formula 1 nearby future

The goal of this topic is to share your vision, your opinion of Formula One nearby future, my project reflects what I want to see after the next big rules change expected in 2021. I'm not an aerodynamic engineer or a designer, so i would love to have your opinion on it.

I started this project since the halo announcement.
First of all I need to say that I was against the introduction of the halo, but no argument can counteract the introduction of a security element even if I think that danger is part of Formula One and drivers need to deal with it.

Some pictures :

I hope my project shows that a semi-canopy can looks good on a Formula One but also to show a solution to the overtaking problem.

As you can see there's no aerodynamic device on the car, to create downforce i choose to use a full floor like in LMP1. There is no front wing but a splitter and some flaps.
I heard that when a driver follows an other car, he loses downforce but particularly from the front. To fight this effect my concept has two bigs flaps on the front that can be adjust by the driver directly from the steering wheel. So he can increase the downforce at the front when he follow an other driver.
As you can see the rear wing is very slim to reduce the "bad airflow" behind the car.

From a TV point of view, the T-cam can now turn at 360° and every driver has a visor cam.

From a regulation point of view, driver from the top 10 can now choose the tyres they wants to start the race.

Thank for your attention.

Manoah2u

Re: Vision of Formula 1 nearby future

Looks to me more like an indycar to be honest.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GM7

Because of the nose ?

Manoah2u

amongst things.

"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u

if there's one vision that looks interesting imho it's that of Chris Beatty.

even without a front wing. but add a front wing and it gets even more interesting.

Andres125sx

Manoah2u wrote:
09 Aug 2017, 16:31
if there's one vision that looks interesting imho it's that of Chris Beatty.

http://www.autoracing1.com/Images/2016/ ... ncept1.jpg

even without a front wing. but add a front wing and it gets even more interesting.
I was going to reply my hope is for wingless F1 cars with closed cockpits and active suspension and aero, wich will compensate any DF difference between rivals when fighting on track 8) so that picture is the closest I have ever seen :D but it should look a lot more futuristic, that one looks almost like a GP3 car

Wingless to minimize dirty air and because currently they´re not necessary to produce enough DF, closed cockpit for obvious reasons, active suspensions and aero to keep current DF but with the ability to compensate dirty air (increasing DF on the trailing car and/or decreasing on the leading car so both produce similar DF and the fight is real and fair)

That´s what I´d like to see, what I think we will see, assuming F1 will survive some decades longer, wich IMHO maybe is too optimistic, is extremelly complicated F1 cars who can´t fight on track where drivers are almost irrelevant and the competition is guided according to hidden interests. Or in other words, the same to currently only slightly exaggerated :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Manoah2u

Yeah i like that design of Chris. It's actually not originally designed for F1, even though that took some inspiration and motivation. It was motivated for Indycar, hence the obvious indy elements.
Also the reason about the V8 engines used as such and body elements. It's a very interesting approach if you look at it from that perspective.

The SPA driver POV vid is done to show the view, also to implement F1 - there's also a classic 7up Jordan livery but i'm a bit fed up with retronostalgic emotion clicbaiting - but especially it shows the still wide range of view even in elevated tracks. Unfortunately the video doesn't show the views to the side, which are actually there and pretty good, but it gives good enough of an impression.

I've opened another thread on this matter not to spoil this thread with that of Chris' design.

GM7

Manoah2u

Respect your efforts but headlights on a F1 car? tron-like wheel rims?

GM7

Respect your efforts but headlights on a F1 car? tron-like wheel rims?
Thanks, i know that headlights on F1 car is a bit strange :lol: but concerning the "tron-like wheel rims", in my opinion that could be a very good idea to show what tyre compound the drivers are using. i liked the way Renault imagined the F1 in 2027, not the aero concept but some ideas like using the wheel rims to share information with the spectator or the transparent cockpit.

Concerning the Chris Beatty concept, it's look like an old Formula Ford with a jet canopy IMO and the visibility don't look very good from the cockpit, but i like how he use the rear wing with the warning lights.

I'm working on a 2nd concept.

Manoah2u

Just to be clear, enjoying your efforts though, it's always nice to see people work their *ss off doing something special which takes their time, and shows their creativity. totally missed that the renault had lights.

i'm personally no fan of the wheel arch lights, as i think it's a bit too flashy and pimpmyridish, but must say thinking out of the box in creative ways is always enjoyable.