New starting format

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
flynfrog

Re: New starting format

NathanOlder wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 17:34
Yeah thats it!! Wouldnt that make a great start to a race. Maybe try it just once.

Manoah2u

zac510 wrote:
08 Sep 2017, 17:44
marmer wrote:
06 Sep 2017, 18:51
Just remove aero from the cars to a level like gp3 but allow unlimited mechanical grip development. Overtaking would be fine

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Can you not think of a single negative thing about your idea?
i think it's funny somebody agrees that there doesnt need to be a fix for a problem that doesnt exist and then suggests a change.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

TAG

Let's fix the inconsistent and seemingly arbitrary penalties issued (or not issued) for the similar offenses on different weekends. There's absolutely nothing wrong with qualifying, didn't we learn that lesson last year?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Zynerji

IMHO, qualifying and the standing starts should be enshrined forever.

Knockout qualifying as it is is thrilling most of the time, but I would let the teams start on new tires instead of using qualifying tires...

Standing starts is the epitome of the driver making the difference now that launch control is no longer a thing.