Hamilton goes Vegan!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jolle
Jolle

Re: Hamilton goes Vegan!

ChrisDanger wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 22:38
manchild wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 19:25
One can't be partially Vegan. Veganism has quite simple definition and just one rule to stick to, but some people tend to twist it.
This reeks of fanaticism and highlights the futility of trying to label everything so you can think you understand the world.
It’s not that difficult. The term vegan can be used for product, like vegan shoes or the vegan Tesla, where no animal products or ingredients are used, you can follow a vegan diet, 100% plant based and you can be a vegan and then you yourself don’t use, wear, buy, eat or drink anything from animals.

I also suspect Hamilton goes for the vegan diet most of all. The rest can be pretty tricky (especially wirh sponsors like Puma and Boss)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

so is hamilton then also able to 100% guarantee himself that his mercedes f1 tub made of carbon does not have carbon in it that originates at one time in history from a long-since deceased cow or dinosaur? (just kidding btw)
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Ennis
Ennis

Jolle wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 00:09
ChrisDanger wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 22:38
manchild wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 19:25
One can't be partially Vegan. Veganism has quite simple definition and just one rule to stick to, but some people tend to twist it.
This reeks of fanaticism and highlights the futility of trying to label everything so you can think you understand the world.
It’s not that difficult. The term vegan can be used for product, like vegan shoes or the vegan Tesla, where no animal products or ingredients are used, you can follow a vegan diet, 100% plant based and you can be a vegan and then you yourself don’t use, wear, buy, eat or drink anything from animals.

I also suspect Hamilton goes for the vegan diet most of all. The rest can be pretty tricky (especially wirh sponsors like Puma and Boss)
It is a vegan diet. I can't remember, but he may have used the term 'going vegan' initially but since then I've seen him repeatedly say 'plant based diet'. Also his rationale that he keeps coming back to is his personal health, so that seems to be his motivation - not sure that motivation would drive him to turn away from certain types of clothes, etc.

I think he'll ditch it eventually. If his motivation is purely health, at some point he'll have that piece of fish or piece of chicken. He's also already acknowledged how difficult it will be to stick to...

PlatinumZealot

I can see the allure of a vegan diet if I were in the shoes of an F1 driver. If anyone else has ever tried to stick to a "clean" diet for while - meaning no red meat, no gravy, no sweet drinks, nor pastries, after a while the bland taste becomes the norm. Your taste buds get so adjusted to bland food that when you go back to your typical meaty, greasy and sugary diet you body just rejects it. Hamilton is getting up there in age as well. The stomach gets more sensitive after age 30 too. And well tend to go to the next level of clean living around that age. Just F1 driver's diet are already so clean that the next step up for them is to go all out. Going vegan.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏