2018 Red Bull vs McLaren

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who will win between Red Bull and McLaren?

Red Bull
79%
McLaren
21%

Total votes: 178

Chuckjr

2018 Red Bull vs McLaren

An incredible opportunity awaits us fans in 2018...for possibly one year only, we will watch unfold a chassis battle between Red Bull and McLaren: two winning organizations with solid engineering and aero teams ready to perform. With identical engines, there will be no excuses in 2018. I've gotta believe both teams are relishing this opportunity.

Who do you think will win the points battle between Red Bull and McLaren in 2018?
Watching F1 since 1986.

AJI
AJI

Re: 2018 Red Bull vs McLaren

Red Bull all the way.
They have a massive amount of experience with the Renault layout, so I doubt the RB14 will be vastly different to the 13. McLaren on the other hand.., woah, pretty much a full re-design.
Are the shark fins and T wings banned for 2018? If so then RB have an advantage in that department. The 13 was designed without the T wing and I'm guessing that they thought the fin would be banned after winter testing.

hemichromis

Even if Mclaren has an equal chassis to Red bull right now, they have to change a lot to fit a new engine in with different cooling requirements.
If Mclaren are stronger than Red bull next year it would be shocking.

techman

mclaren overated chassis will be exposed next year by redbull, no hiding behind honda now. too late . cant wait

GoranF1

RB might have slightly better chassis but Mclaren has Alonso....Mclaren will be infront next year.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

McL-H

McLaren will be beaten by both Red Bull and the Renault works team next year. Red Bull has much more experience with this engine and the Renault team is still taking huge steps. Their car is becoming better and better. If Renault is anywhere close to Red Bull and McLaren, I am confident the latter two will stop receiving equal machinery. So, basically McLaren is the third Renault team.

Take into regard how awful the Renault engine has been, and there is no reason to suggest Mercedes and Ferrari being weaker than those three. McLaren will be the fifth team in 2018. At best.. I think that’s at least where they’d be with a further developed Honda engine.

FrukostScones

Quite tough this one...
McLaren will be not as good as RB, but good, and better than Renault works factory...
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

techman

i believe we will see the redbull easily overtake mclaren on the striaight. due to redbull chassis being more efficient and doest carry as much drag as mclaren

proteus

I want to know how are u expecting Mclaren to beat the Redbull in their first season with Renault engines? If this would actually happen, than Redbull would be completely humiliated. Redbull has a decade of expirience with Renault engines and tight cooperation with the company, while Mclaren will be the newcomer after the catastrophic Honda experience.

I dare to bet Redbull would wipe the floor with Mercedes and Ferrari as well if this two teams would be in the same situation as Mclaren is. I must say i feel this fanfares of battle royal between Redbull and Mclaren are basicly just Mclaren haters or Honda worshippers trying to taint their foe - in this case the Mclaren team....
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

proteus

techman wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 09:53
mclaren overated chassis will be exposed next year by redbull, no hiding behind honda now. too late . cant wait
If they score 1 point in the first race, they have won allready against the Honda.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

AJI
AJI

proteus wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 11:51
techman wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 09:53
If they score 1 point in the first race, they have won allready against the Honda.
Only if STR-Honda don't score 2 points in the first race...

techman

lol. i believe alonso and mclaren want wins not 1 point. mclaren saying they have a top chassis, so if they cant score a podium in austrlia, i will be dissapointed, as they bashed honda for not scoring podiums. so i expect they can show us wha they can do with a renault.

NathanOlder

GoranF1 wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 10:06
RB might have slightly better chassis but Mclaren has Alonso....Mclaren will be infront next year.
Driver pairing is stronger in Red Bull for sure.

And Renault will outscore Mclaren. Red Bull will outscore the pair
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Manoah2u

Doesn't matter, Toro Rosso will beat them both :mrgreen:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NathanOlder

Manoah2u wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 13:58
Doesn't matter, Toro Rosso will beat them both :mrgreen:
Would love to see that !
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC