New F1 logo

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

New F1 logo

It seems not many here are too bothered with trivial things like logos, am I right?

As expected.

Anyway, I think the proposed logo by Liberty is worse than the one we have now. In my opinion we should continue with the current one, but if they are bent on changing it for change's sake, I will propose a little tweak to their proposal.

Original Liberty proposal:

PZ tweaked version:

What are your thoughts on the logo change?
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

TalnoRacing

Re: New F1 logo

Liberty's proposal reminds me of Force India. Your proposal looks much better. How about doing one without the red piece and having a solid "1"?

George-Jung

Kinda like the tweaked version

WaikeCU

No disrespect PZ, but I don't think yours is better, because the logo doesn't look as it is one element. The 1 isn't in the same style as the F. Kinda looks like two different fonts put together.

marmer

Personally I don't see an f in the logo could easily be a lower case r with a stripe going threw it

NathanOlder

The tweaked version is a lot better! Nice one.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

PlatinumZealot

That red bit was actually a botched piece of edting I was too lazy to make right lol. Gonna try tweak it again later.

GM7

notsofast

No amount of tweaking is going to make that logo better. The font is wrong. It looks like Liberty is selling some new formula of motor oil. The logo needs to evoke speed.

PlatinumZealot

Two more plops for the night:

PlatinumZealot

ESPImperium

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
26 Nov 2017, 04:36
Two more plops for the night:

https://i.imgur.com/nta8fee.png

https://i.imgur.com/XY9JjbZ.png
Second one for a big thumbs up! The Rosso Corsa red needs to have the speed straights the current one has, love the use of California Rosso in it as well.

Fulcrum

I don't see the point of changing it when the proposed changes are so similar to the existing logo.

Same colours.
Same slant.
Same interplay between 'F' and '1'.

Not exactly pushing the boundaries of design and ingenuity. I also think it's a huge failure of design to have to spell out what you're trying to market - i.e. including the words 'Formula 1'. The best logos don't need explicit explanation, they convey their brand emblematically.

Quite frankly, ALL of the suggestions in this thread are superior to the Liberty proposal.

Shrieker

So that logo might've been the worst thing Liberty have done since they arrived.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-AtatΓΌrk

ChrisDanger

:roll:

The old/current logo has been in place for 23 years. Liberty are here to shake up the sport a bit, to make it more appealing and marketable. They introduce a new logo to reflect that there has been a changing of the guard. And all anyone here has done so far is sh!t all over it, like it's really that important.

Next week you'll be complaining about something else.