New F1 logo

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DiogoBrand

Re: New F1 logo

Now it makes more sense.

3jawchuck

GM7 wrote:
26 Nov 2017, 17:17
0 Report this post Quote
Unread post by ChrisDanger » 26 Nov 2017, 16:12
:roll:
The old/current logo has been in place for 23 years. Liberty are here to shake up the sport a bit, to make it more appealing and marketable. They introduce a new logo to reflect that there has been a changing of the guard. And all anyone here has done so far is sh!t all over it, like it's really that important.
Next week you'll be complaining about something else.
Agree :lol: Actually i like the new one despite i think it could have been better.
https://franceracing.fr/wp-content/uplo ... 1-logo.jpg
PS: 2021 aero rules in december !
That one reminds me of the ESPN logo a bit.

I like the idea they're going for, tyre tracks, corner, finish line.

Anyway I don't care if they change it, not sure why anyone does. Yes the old one is clever and nice and comfortable, but it's just a logo, there's a lot more things happening that can "ruin the sport" than a logo change.

ChrisDanger

DiogoBrand wrote:
26 Nov 2017, 21:10
...it doesn't even look like an F. A lot more like rr than a freaking F.
I see a road, or race track.

Xero

I think you're all on the right track with the accent on the 1, just needs to be sutble to avoid looking like a 7 and fit in with the overall aesthetic.

Either way, I don't mind the new logo, will grow on us eventually.

Manoah2u

reminds me a bit too much of the wipeout games (not the tv ones).

i still prefer the old one

gawd that guitar riff. that gets the blood flowing and paints images of senna, mansell, prost, piquet and schumacher just by hearing it.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Shrieker

Manoah2u wrote:
26 Nov 2017, 22:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiBkydMW8k

gawd that guitar riff. that gets the blood flowing and paints images of senna, mansell, prost, piquet and schumacher just by hearing it.
Amen bro. That is sick. And it's not just nostalgia.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Shrieker

So the new F1 logo is not only ugly, but also unoriginal. When i see it, i think 'Force India'.

I think it's a really, really bad move. Not everything that's new is better. And even the best of intentions can lead you to hell. New logo is a good example. Especially considering the old one was nice and unique; this is fixing what isn't broken...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:
26 Nov 2017, 22:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiBkydMW8k

Trust me on this. That's just the nostalgia talking. That logo looks lame and the music even worse. :lol:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

roon

How about...

DiogoBrand

It gets worse the more you look into their logos and fonts:
I'm probably below average intelectually, but it took me a few seconds to read that Pescara. Why join those letters?

I'm sure that regular numbers are very difficult to understand, hence why now the winner gets a "-" and the runner up gets a "=" in front of their car after the race.

It's like their qualifying knock-out system all over again: if you're gonna fix something that isn't broken, at least try not to make it worse.
On the brigh side: At least this time the sport won't get worse because of the change, just uglier.

Cold Fussion

While the new logo is bland and far worse than the old one, the new typography is absolutely revolting and barely legible.

Restomaniac

So in other words an art studio have been pretty much given free reign and have gone nuts. Are they really going to remove the 1-2-3 and replace them with motorway countdown signs for the cars near the podium?

This new logo and all the 'extras' that go with it won't last 2 years.

Vasconia

I don´t like it, but I guess we will get used.

jagunx51

............!!!!

Fulcrum

Corporate company takes over an existing, ageing, brand.
Seeks to re-engage an increasingly alienated and marginalised audience.
Does so by replacing existing familiarity with no engagement of said audience.
Comes up with an absolute turkey behind closed doors.
Well done.

This would have been an absolutely PERFECT opportunity to engage the audience. Have a competition and let individual creativity contribute to the design process. In this forum alone we've seen so many liveries, helmet designs, etc... of exceptional quality, I'd find it extremely difficult to believe the wider audience couldn't come up with something better than this.