New F1 logo

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Daliracing

Re: New F1 logo

They should have evolved the logo like Mclaren did with their logo. I think that would have been the best. Like make the old one smoother the edges a little bit round.

FrukostScones

Crap. That New rrI Logo.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

hecan

Not to be disrespectful, but the modified logos you have been sending smell like 80s too much for my liking. The new one is stylish as hell, and a certain improvement from the old F1 logo. It transmits a futuristic scent, just what the sport needs. And no, Formula E logo and the new F1 logo have nothing in common, just the basic idea of simplicity, but is not even implemented in the same way.

everythingisawesome

The old logo looked dated. Long live the new logo I say.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but show me a time all F1 fans agreed on any change in the sport :D

mertol

F1 is an established brand. Any changes to the logo should be small.

Just_a_fan

Of more concern to me is the move to minimise the technical side of F1. There will be greater focus on the drivers. This will make current fan Ying/Yang look like grown up debate! The media are going to love it, of course.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

So will they change the F2 logo to be similar ? As they can't have the F2 logo being better than the F1 logo.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

GM7

The old logo needed to be restyled, it was too old looking. I like the new one but there's no link to the past logo.

DiogoBrand

everythingisawesome wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 10:11
The old logo looked dated. Long live the new logo I say.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but show me a time all F1 fans agreed on any change in the sport :D
There's no problem in changing a 20-year-old logo, in fact I like change as much as anyone.
It's just that, as I said before, if they were going to change it they could at least have made it better.

NathanOlder

They should have asked fans to submit ideas. Then they could have picked their favourite 10 of the fans logo's.

Then put those 10 in a poll for fans to vote and announce the winning design on the podium last weekend.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

wesley123

GM7 wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 20:29
The old logo needed to be restyled, it was too old looking. I like the new one but there's no link to the past logo.
That's the point
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

PlatinumZealot

GM7 wrote:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/201 ... bsmrqt.png
What are you? Some type of wizard?!
This one is even better. I can even see a white road curving to the left from the "1"
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Moose

GM7 wrote:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/201 ... bsmrqt.png
I love this - the negative space with a little bit of adjustment could turn into a car.

DiogoBrand

Honestly I don't think there's too much point in us trying to come up with designs, not because they aren't gonna change it anyway, but because unless there's a hidden designer here, I don't think we'll come up with something up to the standards of F1.

But the fact of the matter is, when you see that these are the tree best designs they were able to come up with, you realize that the thousands of dollars spent on creating a new logo were invested in very little talent.

DiogoBrand

A friend of mine pointed out that the logo change reminds him of the new Juventus crest, and it's amazing how similar they are, both because they both ruined a classic identity, but also because they're really similar:

To all designers, for the love of the baby Jesus, stop ruining good symbols with that boring minimalist crap! [-o<