New F1 logo

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: New F1 logo

DiogoBrand wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 06:01
A friend of mine pointed out that the logo change reminds him of the new Juventus crest, and it's amazing how similar they are, both because they both ruined a classic identity, but also because they're really similar:

https://i.imgur.com/6uivdDP.png

To all designers, for the love of the baby Jesus, stop ruining good symbols with that boring minimalist crap! [-o<
THAT's what it reminded me off. =D> :lol: :lol: #-o
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dodds_turbo

Does anybody else get the vague feeling of familiarity with this 'new' logo? Reminds me of the ESPN logo.

P.S. I much prefer the minimally edited version above. Perhaps email it in to Liberty media? :P

Scorpaguy

...for Pete's sake, enough about the logo. Its a logo...in a few years no one will remember the old one. If people want to gripe...let us gripe about that abortion known as the halo device.

jagunx51

Scorpaguy wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 04:49
...for Pete's sake, enough about the logo. Its a logo...in a few years no one will remember the old one. If people want to gripe...let us gripe about that abortion known as the halo device.
... and DRS :evil:
............!!!!

ChrisDanger

Just saw this on another site. New logo and typeface looks great!

the incubus

Hello everyone. long time peruser here, but this will be my first post.

This logo is being put to use pretty well but merchandising was never accounted for when deciding on this official one and it's overtly wide for no good reason.
As pointed out by others, it's complete disassociation from the previous logo is an ill-advised jump and that's why it's hit such a nerve with so many of us, myself included.

As a designer I decided to marry the new with the previous one so that it all works together as well as possible, and I kept the iconic negative space alive.

Hope you all like.

Version 1 is straight forward, and evolution or marriage if this new concept with the previous one we all know and love.

Version 2 takes things a tad further in the wordtype portion of the logo continuing with the supposed lines in the "F" signifying 2 cars coming around a corner to the finish line, only mine also communicates speed as well as 3 cars instead of 2. I realize the wordtype should carry all the way over to be flush with the upper set of speed streaks of the one, but I tight on time and left it as is.

skoop

I really like the new logo and I think it looks way better then the old one.

Manoah2u

the incubus wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 18:17

This logo is being put to use pretty well but merchandising was never accounted for when deciding on this official one and it's overtly wide for no good reason.
As pointed out by others, it's complete disassociation from the previous logo is an ill-advised jump and that's why it's hit such a nerve with so many of us, myself included.

As a designer I decided to marry the new with the previous one so that it all works together as well as possible, and I kept the iconic negative space alive.

Hope you all like.

Version 1 is straight forward, and evolution or marriage if this new concept with the previous one we all know and love.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/ ... hhqhiu.jpg

Version 2 takes things a tad further in the wordtype portion of the logo continuing with the supposed lines in the "F" signifying 2 cars coming around a corner to the finish line, only mine also communicates speed as well as 3 cars instead of 2. I realize the wordtype should carry all the way over to be flush with the upper set of speed streaks of the one, but I tight on time and left it as is.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/ ... eqqmrd.jpg
i do like that first one, for sure
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

the EDGE

Personally I don’t really care what the logo looks like, it’s the competition I’m interested

But I will add I just logged onto the F1 website to find that the logo on the top left did not stand out as a logo in any way, more like just a red border at the side of the options bar, if it weren’t for the “TM” logo at the side you’d never know it was a logo

Also, the little graphic on my browser where the link to the F1 website is is nothing more then a tiny red sploge in a white square, completely indistinguishable

So, although I do t give a dam, I do feel they’ve done a really poor job of its redesign

DiogoBrand

Scorpaguy wrote:
I still remember the one from 30 years ago, why would I forget the old one in a few years?
The fact of the matter is: Liberty Media is trying so hard to change the sport and make it more interesting, but can't even get a proper logo, even with the billions that they have, and to me the little things tell a lot.

Scorpaguy

DiogoBrand wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 16:52
Scorpaguy wrote:
https://mlmustang.files.wordpress.com/2 ... .gif?w=180
I still remember the one from 30 years ago, why would I forget the old one in a few years?
The fact of the matter is: Liberty Media is trying so hard to change the sport and make it more interesting, but can't even get a proper logo, even with the billions that they have, and to me the little things tell a lot.
...cannot argue with you on that. The 30-year old logo you displayed is now permanently burned into my retinas...and not in a good way.

DiogoBrand

...that's so sad.

NathanOlder

And the music that goes with that logo will live with me forever
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

f1316

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 11:15
And the music that goes with that logo will live with me forever
That’s a good point - I was very disappointed when they got rid of this:

That said, whilst I remember to this day how much I liked it (and wish they still had it), I did also get over it pretty damn quickly and appreciate that things will inevitably change and move on.

This new logo’s pretty ‘meh’ but most are, I suppose. Doesn’t make a great deal of practical difference.

PlatinumZealot

the incubus wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 18:17

Hope you all like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/ ... hhqhiu.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/ ... eqqmrd.jpg
Nice F. The 1 is good. But it is a negative space so still makes it tricky to pick out. The dashes beside the 1 are too divided in my view. Maybe you can join them at the base like the old logo. Overall, i like it though.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏