New F1 logo

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
hecan

Re: New F1 logo

I like how you're trying to maintain the "spikes" on the right of the image, but they are trying to get rid of them for a reason. Those spikes look genuinly bad on old screens, and even on 4k tvs it has too many components. The main theme of the logo is simplification, and adding the spikes would damage consistency

Jolle

I wonder if the I for the 1 in the logo is there so they can adopt it in the future for F2, F3 and FE?

FII, FIII and FE

FrukostScones

it's so bad, I can't get used to it.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

zac510

I hardly notice it, because it just looks like a bit of a rectangle of red. It has no real distinguishing feature or shape that draws your eye to it.

Then again it's just a logo amongst hundreds of logos for teams, drivers, tv channels, engine makers, sponsors and so forth that we're bombarded with. It's really not that important.

PlatinumZealot

What do you guys think of the logo now? Has it grown on you? lol
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

3jawchuck

PlatinumZealot wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 16:26
I don't even think about it. Writing this reply is the most thought I have given to it since it was first used. It's not a good logo, but it isn't worth much brain time.

Oehrly

I just started watching the F1 rewind stream (Brazil 2016) that's currently live on youtube. And there's the old logo used still.
I didn't like the new logo at first but now the old one looks really weird to me. And it looks very oldfashioned. So, even though I don't think the new logo is amazing, it is a lot better than the old one. That's my "new" opinion. Didn't like it two years ago

Ringleheim

f1316 wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 15:13
NathanOlder wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 11:15
And the music that goes with that logo will live with me forever
That’s a good point - I was very disappointed when they got rid of this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiBkydMW8k

That said, whilst I remember to this day how much I liked it (and wish they still had it), I did also get over it pretty damn quickly and appreciate that things will inevitably change and move on.

This new logo’s pretty ‘meh’ but most are, I suppose. Doesn’t make a great deal of practical difference.
Thanks for posting that video/sound clip! I used to love that little piece of music! And I much preferred the old logo.

Not sure why it had to be changed, but the new one is sort of a generic corporate looking piece of nothingness.

siskue2005

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Nope, the logo has not registered in my mind...not distinguishing enough. just a red band

JordanMugen

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Yes, I am used to it. But keeping the old one would have been fine too.

I'm more confused by Renault changing their logo a second time. I don't understand why they did it, I prefer the middle logo (or the older logo). The current typeface seems rather in-distinctive to me.

Last edited by JordanMugen on 01 Apr 2020, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.

coaster

Its too much like the Ford / Cosworth cam cover logos used on the DFR and HB, almost a copyright breach.

GTO99

coaster wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 13:53
Its too much like the Ford / Cosworth cam cover logos used on the DFR and HB, almost a copyright breach.
Are you referring to the F1 logo on the following pic?

First, imho current F1 logo does not look like that.
Second, the "F1" wording seems like script only and not a logo.
Third, perhaps Ford/Cosworth did not have a copyright on that wording.