General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

All Honda need to do is make the engine powerful and reliable. The rest will sort itself out.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

hasika

https://jp.motorsport.com/f1/news/F1-re ... 9-1038727/

An interview with Honda motorsports boss Yamamoto from jpmotorsport site.
The article was published two days ago.And I waited for someone to post it.But it seems noone did this.So i did a quick translation.Sorry for my poor english.
If someone can post a more readable one,will be good.

Yamamoto's quotes:

I had very positive communication with Marko.But working with Red Bull is a big thing for Honda.So the board members are discussing the situation,and Marko know this.Red Bull is a top team,and had won grand prix this year too.They want to win with our engine,and we want to win too.So i have many talks with Marko.

Red Bull want to make choose between Honda and Renault,this is fact.On the other hand,we feel our responsibility to supply the engine.We finished 4th in the second race with Toro Rosso,its a good step.But we didnt have good performance in the next two races after Bahrain.Red Bull want to win.We fell both responsibility and pressure to work with them.So we are talking about how to manage this all things.

If we work with Red Bull,we consider to have more staff members,so the organization will be bigger.But we want to make the organization as compact as possible,especially mamagement and communication side.I think it will help us.The management of HRD will be the key.

(when asked about if working with Toro Rosso is the first step to work with top teams)We didnt think about that.I think we didnt do a good job.We are 4th as the engine manufacturer ,Obviously.If Soichiro san still alives and hear this,he will shout at us.We want to have this power to do the project.

I think we worked with Mclaren because its a easy way.The drivers are world champion,Mclaren is a excellent team.So i dont think we made the wrong choose.But for Honda,we didnt have good preparation to work with big teams.We didnt have a proper balance with Mclaren.So its a mistake that Honda didnt see this when decided to work with Mclaren.If we are going to be with Red Bull, we don't think we'll be together like McLaren.

I respect the partnership with Toro Rosso and i have many communication with Tost.We dont want to change the relationship with Toro Rosso.So we are thinking about what the relationship should be with Red Bull.Luckly,they are one group.So i am talking about the all things with Marko.

Aston Martin is a supercar maker,but we also have our NSX.So we had some discussion about team name.But the team name wont change,and i do not care much about it.But,personally i cant accept Honda engine is baged as Tag Heuer.I think Tag Heuer is OK as the team's Sponsor.I dont know how things will go finally at the moment.But its(Aston Martin and Tag Heuer) very clear between me and Marko.

Red Bull is a very good team,they only talk about how to win.I am very happy.Because we want to win too,but we didnt have capability to do that.When i talked with Marko,we discussed about what we can do to win.The topic is very pure.

They want to win the race.So i think its ture that they want to see the performace when both Honda and Renault birng the upgrade to the track.If its me to make the choose,i will choose Honda if the engine performance is equal.Because Renault have their factory team.I think Red Bull will only choose Honda if we have the same performance at least.

I think its very important to continue participation for motorsport.If we leave the sports for a while and then return,the weight of our words will be weak when the regulation changes.So the Red Bull Honda deal is also very important for us from this point of view.

(when asked about if Honda would like to have their factory team)
No plans at the moment.
Last edited by hasika on 21 May 2018, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.

sn809

hasika wrote:
21 May 2018, 04:15
https://jp.motorsport.com/f1/news/F1-re ... 9-1038727/

An interview with Honda motorsports boss Yamamoto from jpmotorsport site.
The article was published two days ago.And I waited for someone to post it.But it seems noone did this.So i did a quick translation.Sorry for my poor english.
If someone can post a more readable one,will be good.

Yamamoto's quotes:

I had very positive communication with Marko.But working with Red Bull is a big thing for Honda.So the board members are discussing the situation,and Marko know this.Red Bull is a top team,and had won grand prix this year too.They want to win with our engine,and we want to win too.So i have many communication with Marko.

(when asked about if Honda would like to have their factory team)
No plans at the moment.
Arigato

godlameroso

Tag Heuer Aston Martin Red Bull powered by Honda? It's a mouthful for sure, but I'd love to see the implementation, I know Honda can make a good engine, they're just too good at development. They just need to keep developing their concept now that it's locked in, getting more from the combustion side will help them get more from the ERS, they're on the verge of having good electrical stamina. That's the final piece of the puzzle to get on par with the others.
Saishū kōnā

HPD

godlameroso wrote:
21 May 2018, 05:00
Tag Heuer Aston Martin Red Bull powered by Honda?
It seems that the name of the team will not change. It's a shame, but in the end, journalists will only talk about Red Bull Honda. As it happens today

dren

And there will be an H on the car!
Honda!

PowerofDreams

Is this confirmed yet?

dren

PowerofDreams wrote:
21 May 2018, 18:49
Is this confirmed yet?
No, they are just in discussions.
Honda!

etusch

Q1 could redbull take same points if they were equipped with honda PU?
İf yes, then what matter if it is 5 sec behind of winner(or front runner) or 8. There is no need to think much.
If no Then there is another question if you still consider Honda as an option. İt is Q3.
Q2 could redbull finish Qualifications better than now if they were equipped...
If yes another plus for Honda. If no and if it turns two no with Q1's answer then everything is,will they take big risque or not. İt is Q3.
Q3 will Honda make a good engine at least for new era or will it be more or less same again? Who will be better between Renault and Honda at next engine Formula?
So if redbull wait until first updates and see that Honda are at least same level they can decide in safe mode that they can say themselfs that when we decide we choose another same level engine.

HPD

Márquez will do a complete test with Red Bull Formula 1 8)

In the next few days, the three riders will travel to the headquarters of Red Bull, in Milton Keynes, where they will take their seats and participate in a day of simulators for the home.

https://es.motorsport.com/motogp/news/m ... 1-1040083/

etusch

TR motorsports site spreads plenty of hp's to engine manufacturers with article based on La gazzetta dello Sport.
20 for ferrari
30 for renault
40 for Honda
For Canada

bigblue

Are those meant to be horsepower gains at Canada ? Highly unlikely to get +40bhp in one go ! In fact if you want different numbers, allegedly from the same source (i.e. La Gazzetta, nowadays we're firmly into F1 news sites quoting other F1 news sites) you can try http://www.grandprix.com/news/engine-ma ... rades.html.
Ferrari's Canada upgrade is worth 15-20 horse power [...] Renault [...] said: "I hope the upgrades for Canada will meet our expectations." [...] Honda is hoping its Montreal upgrade will increase power by up to 20hp
Basically, it's all made-up junk.

etusch

40 hp is very optimistic of course. But when we think of what Tanabe san said about compremising between reliability and power and having a bit more power for seeing reliability after that, I understand that there is already some hp's didn't used because of reliability concern. So if they bring some updates additinally, there must be good numbers. Of course if updates are not for save the reliability with the power already engine has.

Revs84

etusch wrote:
21 May 2018, 22:20
TR motorsports site spreads plenty of hp's to engine manufacturers with article based on La gazzetta dello Sport.
20 for ferrari
30 for renault
40 for Honda
For Canada
Can you please share the link? I couldn't find the article.