General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
diffuser

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Wazari wrote:
01 Jan 2018, 00:58
techman wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 11:57
just happy hasegawa is gone. he is not a leader who can inspire and motivate his troop. negativity and self defeat is all he has . a mark of true weak leader
While I think that Tanabe-san will be a step in the right direction over Hasegawa-san, calling him weak is unjustified. I along with others found it frustrating at times when he purposely refused to point the finger the other way when PU failures were not the doing of Honda and there were many that weren't. However that is not weakness but a judgement call. That position is under constant pressure, more from Honda than any outside party. You couldn't pay me enough to take that position. As I got to know Hasegawa-san over time, I found him to be a sincere gentlemen who really cared about his staff and HRD. Integrity, fair and diligent are some of his characteristics, not weakness.

Yep, I don't know him from Adam but he's got my respect. The way he handled a difficult situation was very good. "Chapeau" as the expression goes.

dren

Sounds like the focus is on reliability and then the power will come over the first half of the year.
Honda!

Snorked
Snorked

F1 Sokuho 14 page insight / interview:

https://abload.de/img/untitled-2x2k8f.jpg

Too small and blurry? I will post the high resolution preview when it becomes available if this can't be translated properly.
Last edited by Snorked on 24 Jan 2018, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.

HPD

Snorked wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 09:08
F1 Sokuho 14 page insight / interview:
Too small and blurry? I will post the high resolution preview when it becomes available if this can't be translated properly.
:idea:
@Hino could help you with the translation. And I could post the translation on TR Honda's thread

hasika
hasika

Well,the resolution is so low and cant see the words properly.So i dont think we can do any translation right now.

HPD

hasika wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 14:47
Well,the resolution is so low and cant see the words properly.So i dont think we can do any translation right now.
True, @hasika can also help with the translation.
Unfortunately there are no better images.. http://www.as-books.jp/books/info.php?no=FSH20180125

hasika
hasika

HPD wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 19:10
hasika wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 14:47
True, @hasika can also help with the translation.
Unfortunately there are no better images.. http://www.as-books.jp/books/info.php?no=FSH20180125
I am also very interested about the interviews.But its no way to do the translation now.Really cant see the words.The high resolution images is needed.

Snorked
Snorked

Amazon Japan have just uploaded it so the high resolution preview should be available later today: https://www.amazon.co.jp/F1%E9%80%9F%E5 ... PP24CRW2R8

HPD

"I joined on July 17 at 9am, and the meeting [about Honda] was at 10am," Vasseur told Autosport.
"For me it was important. It is never easy to change the engine supplier first, but Honda was not in very good shape.
"Plus, and probably most important for me, we were linked to McLaren for the gearbox with absolutely no internal resources to do our own one.
"I was convinced, as I had some contacts at McLaren, that they would do their best to leave [Honda]. So I could not be in a position to risk that.
"Imagine today if I had to request the Honda gearbox from McLaren? It would be an absolute nightmare.
"Being in the process of working on our 2018 car, we were not able to postpone the decision."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13402 ... -first-day
it is confirmed that Mclaren did everything he could to get rid of Honda.

etusch

HPD wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 19:01
"I joined on July 17 at 9am, and the meeting [about Honda] was at 10am," Vasseur told Autosport.
"For me it was important. It is never easy to change the engine supplier first, but Honda was not in very good shape.
"Plus, and probably most important for me, we were linked to McLaren for the gearbox with absolutely no internal resources to do our own one.
"I was convinced, as I had some contacts at McLaren, that they would do their best to leave [Honda]. So I could not be in a position to risk that.
"Imagine today if I had to request the Honda gearbox from McLaren? It would be an absolute nightmare.
"Being in the process of working on our 2018 car, we were not able to postpone the decision."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13402 ... -first-day
it is confirmed that Mclaren did everything he could to get rid of Honda.
I am very surprised that why Honda didn't offer a gearbox too to sauber. At the end they are using seamless gb at another high level racing.
It would be good to see two team with Honda PU.

HPD

etusch wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 21:25
I am very surprised that why Honda didn't offer a gearbox too to sauber. At the end they are using seamless gb at another high level racing.
It would be good to see two team with Honda PU.
Yes, I find it very strange because Honda does not manufacture its own gb.
Remember that even McLaren was asked if it could supply Toro Rosso with a gearbox in 2018?

Snorked
Snorked

There's a full quality sampler here if the image still isn't good enough: https://digi2.fujisan.co.jp/digital/doc ... f0e2df80ac

hasika
hasika

Unfortunately,not many valuable information from the interviews.Basically,they didnt mention much about the new power unit.

Wouter

hasika wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 15:19
Unfortunately,not many valuable information from the interviews.Basically,they didnt mention much about the new power unit.
Too bad, thank you hasika. :-# :(
The Power of Dreams!

HPD

hasika wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 15:19
Thanks @hasika. There is no other information?