General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ivanlesk

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Not Eric fun, not certainly MC fun. But if you need it sure I can be both.

And this has nothing to do with Honda, it's not directed to Honda or RB is directed to some people around here...

Hopefully Honda will win (something) in this or next era.

But, as i said alot people expected Mc to jump RB and Renault in first year with late engine switch. I hope that same people are expecting RB to jump atleast one if not both frontiers next year.

Staying where they are or even worse, having less victories than this year will be total fail...

And being as truthful as I can i hope they will do good.

McMika98

Lol ppl expecting Macca to be near top were gullible fools taking delusional statements from the Fatsos as gospel like yourself. Honda fans knew it wasnt just the engine. Heck Toro rosso are more competitve with far less resource and with even less time. So its not because of the late switch that ure beloved Macca finds itself, its the incompetence thats been plaguing them for years.

ivanlesk

McMika98 wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 21:30
Lol ppl expecting Macca to be near top were gullible fools taking delusional statements from the Fatsos as gospel like yourself. Honda fans knew it wasnt just the engine. Heck Toro rosso are more competitve with far less resource and with even less time. So its not because of the late switch that ure beloved Macca finds itself, its the incompetence thats been plaguing them for years.
As i said, RB is not incompetent and I expect championships next year.

They have best chassis and good engine with development rate that no one can compete with.

HPD

ivanlesk wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 21:35
McMika98 wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 21:30
As i said, RB is not incompetent and I expect championships next year.

They have best chassis and good engine with development rate that no one can compete with.
Red Bull Honda has to get at least one victory in 2019 (or more)
If you want to say that, I agree with you. But winning the championship, that's impossible.

McMika98

Back to topic. Looks like the 0.15 s oil gain for RedBull will translate to Honda as well. Based on the Exxon mobil interview they seem to playing safe with this new blend and not taking to full leam territory. Honda must have been extensively testing them in dyno.

roon

dren wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 14:02
"They were telling them how they wanted the engine to be built, we just say, 'Build the fastest engine possible for us, then we will try to fit it into the chassis'."
Sounds promising.

Squid

From the best sector time from today's qualifying, STR-Honda beat Renault and McLaren in every sector. In Spa-Francorchamps, a track where you spend 70% of the lap on full throttle.

"Between 20 and 30 kilowatts ahead of Honda" my ass.

Pany

I bet honda on par with energy management and a little superior on peak power. But we assume toro ros and renault chassis similar. Since renault has better drivers I am optimistic. Reliability is still concern but the strategy is correct: first power, then reliability. If honda gain some more power for 2019 is gonna be all right. Lets say 30-40 hp will be enough for being competitive against ferrari and merco

McMika98

Must be the new fuel blend.

Marti_EF3

McMika98 wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 21:04
New fuel introduced here in Spa?? For both RBR and STR?? Any numbers said by Honda or some source?

maguetox

McMika98 wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 21:04
Source or is just speculation from your side.

One of the big test of Honda passed with flying colors. Honda took them a little bit more time to extract the potential of spec 2, but I think it is paying off.

We need to remember the TR is having issues with its upgrades so they are behind in the develoment war against their rivals.

TakataDomeNSX

https://www.f1today.net/nl/nieuws/f1/24 ... en-gemaakt

Too much is overlooked the progress that Honda has made in 2018 in the field of the engine. That's what Sauber driver Marcus Ericsson thinks. In the Belgian Grand Prix, the Swede had to deal with Toro Rosso's Japanese motorcycle several times and was impressed, he told Crash.net.

"In the beginning I was able to use DRS with Pierre Gasly every time, but I did not pass him by, I did not even come closer, so I think that has shown that Honda has made big strides, I think Mercedes and Ferrari still have the strongest engine, but Honda is a lot faster than we thought, that's what I found out during the race itself. "

Ericsson was even overtaken on Kemmel Straight by Brendon Hartley, the other Toro Rosso rider with a Honda engine. "I did not expect Hartley to overtake me, even though he had DRS, but Honda is much better than a lot of people think, so Toro Rosso did not do it badly."

NL_Fer

In was impressed too. Hartley on old tires, able to swap places with Ericsson on new ones. They were pretty on par on Kemmel, which is a decent climb after Eau Rouge/Radillion. Only conclusion is that Honda is not much down on power.

maguetox

Very interesting comments from Gasly

http://www.f1i.com/news/315126-spa-perf ... gasly.html

He stated that Honda will have a couple more of upgrades before the end of the season. This is different from what we are hearing that we will see one upgrade until Texas. I don't see feasible another upgrade after this one.

Zynerji

Going to see everything that is in the pipeline, regardless of penalties, I believe.

Race mileage is the best test for the 2019 RBR.