General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lio007

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Thunder18 wrote:
04 Sep 2018, 13:34
lio007 wrote:
04 Sep 2018, 09:29
aleshondas wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 23:45
Any light of Wazari-san?? Really miss him
I recently thought absolutely the same, I'd really really like to have some hints whats going on in Sakura.
Nothing from Sasha in a while either.....
Yes, unfortunately. It's a real shame, the Honda-Threads became pretty silent recently.

HPD

"We are happy to have a great partner with Honda for the next few years. However, should this cooperation - for whatever reason - not work as expected, Red Bull would only be leaving the Formula One. »

"The partnership with Honda is going very well so far with Toro Rosso and will continue to work with Red Bull Racing in 2019." The Le Mans winner of the year 1971 was already pleased with the optimistic forecast: "We will be clearly ahead of Renault in 2019. »

"Honda was just about to retire from Formula One at the end of 2017 after the disaster with McLaren. We had to convince the Japanese in some intensive talks to start with us again.»
http://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/1 ... stieg.html
Honda was close to leaving F1 in 2017. This surprises me. Mclaren hit very hard against Honda.
But it is also true that Honda is far from Ferrari and Mercedes

I think Honda will leave F1 with Red Bull :(

turbof1

lio007 wrote:
04 Sep 2018, 13:41
Thunder18 wrote:
lio007 wrote:
04 Sep 2018, 09:29

I recently thought absolutely the same, I'd really really like to have some hints whats going on in Sakura.
Yes, unfortunately. It's a real shame, the Honda-Threads became pretty silent recently.
I have some contact with Wazari-san. I can't say too much, but he currently is occupied both personally and professionaly. We'll have to accept for now atleast the stream of information we got from him will be put on hold.
#AeroFrodo

lio007

HPD wrote:
04 Sep 2018, 13:59
"We are happy to have a great partner with Honda for the next few years. However, should this cooperation - for whatever reason - not work as expected, Red Bull would only be leaving the Formula One. »

"The partnership with Honda is going very well so far with Toro Rosso and will continue to work with Red Bull Racing in 2019." The Le Mans winner of the year 1971 was already pleased with the optimistic forecast: "We will be clearly ahead of Renault in 2019. »

"Honda was just about to retire from Formula One at the end of 2017 after the disaster with McLaren. We had to convince the Japanese in some intensive talks to start with us again.»
http://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/1 ... stieg.html
Honda was close to leaving F1 in 2017. This surprises me. Mclaren hit very hard against Honda.
But it is also true that Honda is far from Ferrari and Mercedes

I think Honda will leave F1 with Red Bull :(
I hope it's something like " Honda, the sleeping giant" and they put a massive amount of ressources into their F1-PU-division, with experts from different disciplines within the Honda-company.

They have a solid base now, they make good progress with their PU and they are heading into the right direction.

Maybe Honda have got some extra motivation, to show the world that they know how to build a race-winning PU.

And we should not underestimate Renault, because they go pretty much all-in in terms of ressources, they heavily invetst in their F1-project.

lio007

turbof1 wrote:
04 Sep 2018, 14:19
lio007 wrote:
Thunder18 wrote:

I have some contact with Wazari-san. I can't say too much, but he currently is occupied both personally and professionaly. We'll have to accept for now atleast the stream of information we got from him will be put on hold.
Thank you for the update, really appreciate it!

apexcontrol

lio007 wrote:
04 Sep 2018, 14:41
turbof1 wrote:
lio007 wrote:

thats very bad, he had the most information. and most of things he said where pure knowlege.
very very bad he is not on the forum anymore.

Big Tea

turbof1 wrote:
lio007 wrote:
Thunder18 wrote:

Pass on our regards please
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

lio007

apexcontrol wrote:
04 Sep 2018, 17:40
lio007 wrote:
04 Sep 2018, 14:41
turbof1 wrote:

thats very bad, he had the most information. and most of things he said where pure knowlege.
very very bad he is not on the forum anymore.
I know, but at least he still hasn't deleted his account!

turbof1

He's not definitively gone, nor has he stated any wish to have his account removed. He simply has his duty and responsibilities now, we do have to respect that. We'll see how the future goes. If he comes back, he might have some interesting new stuff to tell :wink: .

Big Tea wrote:
04 Sep 2018, 18:29
Sure, I will do that.
#AeroFrodo

nzjrs

turbof1 wrote:
04 Sep 2018, 21:06
He's not definitively gone, nor has he stated any wish to have his account removed. He simply has his duty and responsibilities now, we do have to respect that. We'll see how the future goes. If he comes back, he might have some interesting new stuff to tell :wink: .

Big Tea wrote:
04 Sep 2018, 18:29
Sure, I will do that.
Great to hear! I hope he saw the well wishes and outpouring of support after the last incidents here.

yener

Seems the honda engine is still down on power, compared to the renault. Just watch the speed at the start finishline and forget the highest speedtrap. Almost 5 km/h lower then the renault.
Painfull to see.

"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

apexcontrol

Honda update is not coming in austin...........................what !?!?!?! do we get renault antics

NO OFCOURSE NOT, the update is coming sooner then promised

https://www.f1maximaal.nl/index.php/nie ... an-renault

so they will overtake renault with a big margin, and b4 end of the year well see them coming up the 4th engine ?

yess you know when it is right it is right.

the money/force is strong now with honda and redbull

COME ON HONDA give max a decent engine, he needs to set the record straight with those 2x4 times wc
can't wait for it

Singabule

yener wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 02:01
Seems the honda engine is still down on power, compared to the renault. Just watch the speed at the start finishline and forget the highest speedtrap. Almost 5 km/h lower then the renault.
Painfull to see.

https://i.redd.it/cj39vgn9xem11.jpg
5kmh lower due to lack of grip out corner, gasly confirm the car not stable enough to push throttle. Compare to top speed and its not shabby, offcourse not cost 1 sec difference than ferrari in this circuit. STR car gentle on tyres, however make it difficult to generate heat needed to turn on tyres on one hot lap, contrary to Renault one

hasika

https://members.f1-life.net/report/74395/

Spec 3 almost completed,more powerful than Renault's Spec C.

etusch

hasika wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 05:23
https://members.f1-life.net/report/74395/

Spec 3 almost completed,more powerful than Renault's Spec C.
Can this power comparation be reason why redbull tried renault spec c?