General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JordanMugen

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

In the COTA post-race, Horner claimed the Honda was currently worth 0.6s/lap (on average) over the Renault --- encouraging stuff! Enough to make even cynical Mark Webber bemused, lol. :)

https://youtu.be/Z1cHwuRjyEo?t=1235

Wouter

Pierre Gasly lands more grid penalties .

Honda Racing F1: Tanabe-san talks us through the PU plan this weekend πŸ—£οΈ
"Gasly is starting FP1 with a new latest spec PU. The reason for this is that we have a concern
regarding the assembly of the one used in Austin." He continues below...

The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

I like the methodological thinking of Tanabe
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

HPD

Does the positive development also hope for the next year?
Marko: Definitely. We already have the values of the new wings. That makes us very optimistic.

And the engine?
Marko: We expect that Honda is only 10 kilowatts behind Ferrari and Mercedes. We dare to be able to compensate for this with the good chassis.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... xiko-2018/
Last edited by HPD on 30 Oct 2018, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.

dren

Here's to those matching products on Amazon!

13hp down isn't much...
Honda!

yener

Sounds good, but still we need to temper the expectations for next year. Peakpower is not the most important thing. Power on low rpm, driveability trough corners are also really important.

I heard a dutch f1 commentor say that according to the GPS data of STR, redbull would gain 0.6 seconds on a lap. That would be awesome, but it's still all speculation. Lets wait and see.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

Big Tea

I really hope Mclaren have now faced the fact that they are not the top team that only needs some special tweak to win the title, and are knuckling down at the nuts and bolts lever to fight for upper mid field without ant 'witchcraft' that will make them super cars.

They can fight with FI and above on equal terms, as long as they know what they need to do, not continue in the dream where there is nothing wrong.

Yes,I know I keep saying the same thing, I apologize for it, but if they do not see the real battle, they will not be in it.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

yener wrote: ↑
30 Oct 2018, 16:52
I heard a dutch f1 commentor say that according to the GPS data of STR, redbull would gain 0.6 seconds on a lap. That would be awesome, but it's still all speculation. Lets wait and see.
It was Jos Verstappen who said that too. It is 0.6 sec during qualifying, Honda v Renault,
and it is no speculation, it is measured.
The Power of Dreams!

HPD

dren wrote: ↑
30 Oct 2018, 13:18
Here's to those matching products on Amazon!
hahaha Everything is the fault of Honda!(? :x GP2 Engine :x
Edited* :lol:

HPD

Wouter wrote: ↑
30 Oct 2018, 17:08
It was Jos Verstappen who said that too. It is 0.6 sec during qualifying, Honda v Renault,
That figure depends a lot on the circuit. But it's still an interesting improvement

Snorked
Snorked

Benson during BBC 5Live's Mexico FP1 coverage said that Honda spec 3 is 60 bhp in front of Renault and close to Ferrari and Mercedes.

dren

That's a quite large gain if true. 60hp ahead of Renault's spec 2 most likely, not the spec 3.
Honda!

loner

Benson being Benson took the words of H.M converted the claimed .6 into 60 ponies :lol: .. easy peasy lemon squeezy
para bellum.

Krischnen
Krischnen

Wouter wrote: ↑
30 Oct 2018, 17:08
Here's the real source of that claim:
https://streamable.com/r9945 starting @2:10

They probably don't need GPS 'data' for that, they can just compare telemetry and engine outputs which is way more accurate.
Even Renault acknowledges Honda made a huge step, so it's probably true, or not far from the truth.

PlatinumZealot

Yes it is six tenths in qualifying.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™