General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Marti_EF3

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

1158 wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 23:30
Caption "They all bought the vibration hogwash!"
Sometimes they hear vibrations/oscillations... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Tea

Have you hear the old Beach boys recording.....
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

muramasa

By the way Yamamoto will be replaced by Shimizu as motorsport chief of Honda Motor Co and be appointed to newly created position to manage Honda's F1 activity exclusively, as of 1st April.

https://www.honda.co.jp/news/2019/c190219a.html
https://jp.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-ho ... i/4340792/

godlameroso

No kidding? If TR does really well is there a chance Honda buys it?
Saishū kōnā

Zynerji

godlameroso wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 19:14
Why would they if they win with RBR and STR is a test bed?

It would be silly to try to compete like that when remaining an engine manufacturer can get them the glory and the road relevant technology.

Bigger question is would RB even sell it to Honda. If RB sell TR to Honda then RB is no longer a works team. They would go right back to where they were when Renault took over Lotus.

etusch

godlameroso wrote:
Toro Rosso do well but because of Redbull car. So if Honda buy it, They must keep taking parts from them. Establishing a succesful team like Redbull is not easy. I think current situation is best for Honda

muramasa

godlameroso wrote:
No. I bet there will be this same talk in 2025, 2030 or even 2050 but Honda will never run works F1 team unless their portfolio becomes ever comparable to those of Merc, FCA, Renault, Audi as long as F1 cost and governance roughly stay as it is. It is Honda themselves who said that running F1 team by themselves is not sustainable, that's what they learned from 00s, this time they aim to never quit even Lehman scale slump hit again, aim to establish such intra corporate structure to enable that, etc and you can well see these by looking at financial situation and revenue and market structure and scale and comparing with other makers.

Bill

You can't believe anything a corporate say. all takes is a change in management,what Honda does in the future depend on their relationship with redbull. Historically Rbr when they win are always reluctant to share credit with their engine supplier that one of the reasons why they had problems with Renault.in spite of all the propaganda about Honda never leaving f1 they were ready to walk away after Mclaren dumped them least if you believe Marko,he say he had to do a lot o to convince them to try again with Rbr

Funny enough I think RB this year will be prolific with praise of Honda lol. Just to spite Renault. May not stay that way, but I think for this year they will go out of their way to say good things about Honda.

godlameroso

April 1st is the day of practical jokes in the United States, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Saishū kōnā

ME4ME

I think the depth of their initial failure will ensure Honda gets credit once they eventually succeed. It will be a comeback worth applauding.

muramasa

https://www.as-web.jp/f1/454597/2
Yamamoto (who arrived at Barcelona on Wed) says no sooner met him than Horner hugged him by shoulder with full of smile on face so he was surprised lol
Not sure if Yamamoto literally means it or there was context leading up to it but still he was bewildered at least (not negative sense just in case) it seems.
Spontaneous or calculated ploy from Horner being aware of the presence of camera?

ispano6

Maybe we'll get to see Horner and Yamamoto jump in the Monaco pool naked together if they win!

IvailoStefanovBG

muramasa wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 23:25
https://www.as-web.jp/f1/454597/2
Yamamoto (who arrived at Barcelona on Wed) says no sooner met him than Horner hugged him by shoulder with full of smile on face so he was surprised lol
Not sure if Yamamoto literally means it or there was context leading up to it but still he was bewildered at least (not negative sense just in case) it seems.
Spontaneous or calculated ploy from Horner being aware of the presence of camera?
It was spontaneous. Cameras caught the moment live on F1 TV. Horner and Yamamoto weren't aware of cameras.