General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Singabule

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Post by Singabule » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:45 pm

Capharol wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:09 pm
foneFanatiq wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:12 am
Hino wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:48 pm
From Reddit, Toto congratulates Honda's F1 boss Masashi Yamamoto. And yes he speaks english.
https://streamable.com/64jp6
This was fantastic to see. =D>
this reaction and the words of Toto shows clearly, Honda is close again and that they are competitive this year, but Bahrain and China will tell us the true story on how close Honda really is
No, if you want to really see the gap, its Canada (highest fuel consumption) and SPA (second highest WOT, with so many technical corner). Unfortunately Sepang is not there anymore (hottest circuit)

Capharol

Post by Capharol » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:24 pm

already posted this in Australia GP topic but watch these comparison

Speed trap Merc and RB win speed, Ferrari loses
T1 speed, Ferrari loses big, Merc just a bit, RB almost equal to last year
T2 speed All loses but Ferrari and Merc more then RB
Finish line speed, RB the biggest gainer compared to 2018, Ferrari loses speed again, Merc gains a bit

and watch the McLaren and Toro Rosso :wtf:

Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."

Capharol

Post by Capharol » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Analyses on "why Mercedes thinks, Honda can be a threat" by Edd Straw, Scott Mitchell and Glenn Freeman
German site with an English video*

https://www.formel1.de/fotos-videos/vid ... fahr-sieht

not sure if posted already, if so please let me know so i can delete this

have to say aswell, not much news in it, most of it we already knew
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."

gandharva

Post by gandharva » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:06 pm

Here it is with proper resolution and non stuttering service provider:

lio007

Post by lio007 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:50 pm

gandharva wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxo8paRaehU
At 1:04 we can see the steering-dash: it shows "K start ready"
Can we assume the car is ready to start the PU via MGU-K?

Juzh

Post by Juzh » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:50 pm

Capharol wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:24 pm
TR and mclaren ran visibly much lower wing angles comapred to everyone else.

Capharol

Post by Capharol » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:18 pm

Juzh wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:50 pm
Capharol wrote:
that's not only what i meant, i meant what leap the made compared to last year, that can not only be reached by lower wing angles.
For McLaren means that they are on the right path with the chassis, for TR it ment engine and chassis wise... how they developed

SmallSoldier

Post by SmallSoldier » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Capharol wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Capharol wrote:
that's not only what i meant, i meant what leap the made compared to last year, that can not only be reached by lower wing angles.
For McLaren means that they are on the right path with the chassis, for TR it ment engine and chassis wise... how they developed
Agreed, more impressive than the outright speed is the improvement year on year from both... Wondering what Bahrein will bring us in terms of data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hasika

Post by hasika » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:10 am

lio007 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:50 pm
gandharva wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxo8paRaehU
At 1:04 we can see the steering-dash: it shows "K start ready"
Can we assume the car is ready to start the PU via MGU-K?

https://i.imgur.com/ZsEknjs.png
Its not a surprise because Honda already used MGU-K to start the PU last year.

Juzh

Post by Juzh » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:34 am

Capharol wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:18 pm
Juzh wrote:
Capharol wrote:
Yes, leap was made, but it those 2 cases it's exacerbated.

ispano6

Post by ispano6 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:47 pm

Good job Honda and a triple points finish! First two races out of the way and all Honda drivers have scored points!
It's fitting that reliability is proving to be Red Bull's strength. Hopefully some more performance can be brought to the next race.

Wouter

Post by Wouter » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:30 am

It is a pity. Last year you could not see the potential of the Honda engine, because STR did not have such a good car.
This year RBR has a very "bad" car, which will probably not be good until race 5.
The Honda engine however is strong and reliable.
You could see it with Alexander Albon during the race. He has delivered a very good performance and this is only his 2nd race and has never driven an F1 car before! =D>

McMika98

Post by McMika98 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:16 pm

Relax guys Dan the man ticktum will drive the wheels off this RedBull on Wednesday and identify the missing link to the inability to switch the C3 compound.
On a serious note, they will get more data in testing, so come China with the C4 they should have better showing.

HPD

Post by HPD » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:41 pm

So, this time, I would like to briefly introduce the main members of Honda F1. (Pray that the person does not read ... LOL)

As well as last year, Honda's circuit site will be led by technical director Toyoji Tanabe. I am a long-time race shop who has spent most of his career on the circuit. Even when I joined the team last year, despite coming from different categories, the engineers were in a hurry to take control and lead the new scene with great speed. I always calm down during work, and instantly, but I will make a decision. (Actually, I am humorous and smiling outside of work. I was delighted with the results of this time, too.

Below that are two chief engineers. Motohashi Engineer is responsible for Toro Rosso, and George Engineer for Red Bull. Motohashi engineer has a relationship with Mr. Tanabe from the middle of the third stage F1 and can be said as a right arm. (I was scared at first, so I didn't talk to him at first. But in fact, it's a kind-hearted elder brother, and it's really a system. It's called 'bear' by Tanabe-san.

George Engineer has been with Tanabe for over 25 years (!) Since the 1993 Indy Project. This is also because I have been working together for many years, and it is Amida's breathing. In the past, he experienced categories such as F1 and NASCAR, and can be said to be a professional running race engines. I am very stoic about my work, but I have a deep understanding of Japanese and Honda's way of working and I am a reliable leader for the members. (I remember only strange Japanese words, but I'm not good at sashimi. I like to talk with other cultures while racing with him.)

Apart from the circuit, the leader of PU development at HRD-Sakura in Japan is Project Leader Yasuaki Asaki. Under last year's leadership, under strong leadership, the direction of development has been clarified to improve PU performance and reliability. Mr. Tanabe says, "It is a very encouraging person because it is a person who understands the key to technology, and understands this even if he does not say much". (When I first talked about it, it was an impression of "old-fashioned Honda engineer-stubborn-------but it is a pro-skin, it is a person who has the warmth of giving me a fine attentiveness to my subordinates.)

Masashi Yamamoto (currently General Manager of the Motorsport Department), who will become Managing Director in April, will continue to be in charge of team management, team / FIA negotiations and marketing that are far from technology. (In fact, last Friday was my birthday). I have experience as a driver, and I have also had a race in the world of Kart with Max Verstappen father and former F1 driver Jos Verstappen.

The attitude that leads us with a strong will and a clear vision for "Honda's race" is said to be "the old-fashioned Honda-like person" along with Mr. Asaki from the Japanese media. On the other hand, the team and others are said to be "not at all Japanese" due to their open personality, and have gained a great deal of trust. (The attitude that everyone can immediately understand is rather Latin. It's also a motivator for people and a negotiator for different ways of using it)

(Who will appear next time ...)

https://ja.hondaracingf1.com/insights/b ... und01.html

rogazilla

Post by rogazilla » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:30 pm

Almost 350 laps today from Honda!