General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GhostF1

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Benii6 wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 12:41
epo wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 12:02
McMika98 wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 07:26
Dont expect miracles on the home away from home in fact i would brace for quite possibly the worst result of the season. Like i said two weeks earlier France and Austria will not suit the competition more by that i mean Mclaren and Renault not Mercedes amd Ferrari. Renault who was on same level as Honda have improved massively and clearly as good as the other manufacturers. Thats just hard to swallow.
I'm getting a bit bored with your statement that the Renault engine is as good as the Mercedes in racetrim or even better. Where do you get that information?
To everyone knowledge the Mercedes might not be the most powerful but it is by far the most efficient engine around.
Honda in race-trim is good but but Honda and Renault still have a long road to get to Mercedes level of efficiency.
It works both ways. How do you know which is the most efficient engine around?
Probably by the fact Ferrari make more power but do a lot more fuel saving and I think it was China? Where Crofty said Mercedes still have several kilos of fuel left over whereas Ferrari were conserving.
It was one of the earlier races but the amount of leftover fuel in the Merc tanks was definitely mentioned

ispano6

https://as.com/motor/2019/06/25/formula ... 38525.html
Honda now has a high efficiency turbo with the 'Spec 3'

Asked about this progress, Toyoharu Tanabe praises this improvement affirming that thanks to these collaboration, now the Japanese propeller has a high efficiency turbocharger that will boost the performance of the MGU-H and combustion engine: " The jet engine in itself it's completely different, but the turbocharger and MGU-H are something like the jet turbine, it uses high-speed rotation and it needs an aerodynamic design, it's been a long time, it's hard to say 'next month it will be ready'. We were ready, we discussed with the teams when it would be the best time and decided to introduce it in France If you have a high efficiency turbocharger, you can share this benefit with the combustion engine and MGU-H. And now with the development of the 'Spec 3' we have a high efficiency turbocharger. "
If not already, as I stated earlier, a split ES like Ferrari should be in the works. Perhaps even an upgraded MGU-K that can receive, generate and deploy much more efficiently. Step by step, the Honda way. No FIA insider help, thanks.

Sieper

Perhaps that is why they already took the new ES and CE?

ivanlesk

ispano6 wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 17:08

If not already, as I stated earlier, a split ES like Ferrari should be in the works. Perhaps even an upgraded MGU-K that can receive, generate and deploy much more efficiently. Step by step, the Honda way. No FIA insider help, thanks.
Sure, going for Mercedes like split turbo and compressor, going for split ES like Ferrari. Definitely unique Honda solutions.

( Just additional note - this is not aimed ad Honda, it's to your finger-pinting post)

ispano6

ivanlesk wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 09:11
ispano6 wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 17:08

Sure, going for Mercedes like split turbo and compressor, going for split ES like Ferrari. Definitely unique Honda solutions.

( Just additional note - this is not aimed ad Honda, it's to your finger-pinting post)
I care not what layout or configuration Honda chooses to flatter, only how they arrive and achieve their own interpretation of that formula that is unique to the Honda way. Sure, it took time to get to grips with the exploits others employed, but in doing so it has aligned its innovation arm with it's motorsports and brand communications divisions. I appreciate the tenacity to do it the Honda way, with materials and process innovation. It might seem slow now, not magically biggest jump ever in the history of upgrades, but it's coming together soon.

ispano6

Sieper wrote:
25 Jun 2019, 19:16
Perhaps that is why they already took the new ES and CE?
Indeed, big open secret?
Little tweety bird dropping hints at Canada.

https://twitter.com/HondaRacingF1/statu ... 01760?s=20
Interviews in full swing this afternoon 📝 We're also doing some PU prep in the garages but we can't show you that 🚫 You'll just have to trust us...

Wouter

https://en.hondaracingf1.com/races/2019 ... ?tab=setup

TOYOHARU TANABE
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, HONDA RACING F1

This is a big weekend for both our teams, at the home of Red Bull. It’s another reason to want to do well here. Located in scenic countryside, at 4.3 kilometres it is a relatively short track, but it still presents plenty of interesting challenges for drivers and engineers. It has many uphill and downhill sections and with its altitude of 700 metres above sea level, we need to keep our eye on the affect this has on the turbine and also on cooling. Having given our Spec 3 PU its debut a few days ago without any issues in France, we have acquired plenty of data from it. This week all four of our drivers, including Alex, will have the latest specification PU which means he has to take grid penalties. Once again, very hot conditions are forecast for this weekend too, so we must keep that factor in mind during our preparation and refer to data we have acquired in France.
The Power of Dreams!

McMika98

Helmut Marko about Honda: "This years engine is incredible reliable. There wasn't a single failure. But we'd like to take a bit more risk in the future to get more power in return. Even if it means starting from the back - with Max that guarantees having an exciting race." #AMuS

Wouter

McMika98 wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 18:19
Helmut Marko about Honda: "This years engine is incredible reliable. There wasn't a single failure. But we'd like to take a bit more risk in the future to get more power in return. Even if it means starting from the back - with Max that guarantees having an exciting race." #AMuS

I can't find that quote on AMuS. Can I have a link to the site where it is said please?
The Power of Dreams!

maguetox

Wouter wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 19:21
McMika98 wrote:

I can't find that quote on AMuS. Can I have a link to the site where it is said please?
Is a quote from Tobi Gruner:

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/114 ... 53792?s=21

Wouter

maguetox wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 20:19
Wouter wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 19:21
McMika98 wrote:

Is a quote from Tobi Gruner:

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/114 ... 53792?s=21
Thank you @maguetox.
The Power of Dreams!

Stef

FIrst front row since San Marino 06

Wouter

Stef wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 18:37
FIrst front row since San Marino 06
\:D/
https://twitter.com/HondaRacingF1/statu ... 8146064384
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

And a win for Honda driver Nobuharu Matsushita in F2! Shaping up to be a good weekend for Honda.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hondaracingf ... 4527050752

Marti_EF3

ispano6 wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 19:50
And a win for Honda driver Nobuharu Matsushita in F2! Shaping up to be a good weekend for Honda.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hondaracingf ... 4527050752
It would be amazing to have a Japanese driver again in F1 soon, and driving for Honda. I miss those days with the crazy Takuma Sato :mrgreen: