General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
roon

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

rogazilla wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 01:01
Will there be red bull special edition NSX or civic type R? Go Honda!
You mean a Honda edition turbocharged Valkyrie? :mrgreen:

GhostF1

We need a special Honda liveried RB15 and even STR14 car for the Suzuka home race. Imagine the press regardless of result.

Singabule

roon wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 02:20
rogazilla wrote:
No need, still out of reach :mrgreen:
Now guessing how much improvement the spec 4 could bring, bring it on!

ispano6

Singabule wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 03:17
roon wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 02:20
rogazilla wrote:
No need, still out of reach :mrgreen:
Now guessing how much improvement the spec 4 could bring, bring it on!
Suddenly the NSX Type-R debuting at the Tokyo Motor show this year will have added appeal!

roon

Hmm, maybe a Civic Type RA with a certain 1k HP V6 ahead of the front axle. :o
Last edited by roon on 01 Jul 2019, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.

Snorked

https://www.as-web.jp/f1/498064/2

We are still deliberating, but we won for the first time after returning (※ interview started before deliberation result. After that contact with Charles Leclerc was formally decided not to be penalized as a racing incident)
Tanabe Toyoji F1 Technical Director (hereinafter referred to as “Tanabe TD”): I have been competing in F1 and have experienced a lot of time, so it took a while, but I think I could finally take my first step. As I always say, this sport is being fought in a package (body, power unit, driver's), and Max has run a powerful ride today.

Also, I think that our car body and power unit (PU / engine) were also competitive on this circuit, but after the next race it will be a different course, so we will be more competitive and have a battle like today. To be able, Honda wants to improve PU performance.

--- (Fel Stappen of the 2nd grid start) came out a lot late at the start.
Tanabe TD: I don't know the cause of the delayed start, but it feels like I'm stalling because I lost torque (to grip). Honestly, I thought it would be tough today, considering the past race developments.

How do you analyze today's pace of Mercedes and Ferrari?

Tanabe TD: It is true that their pace was different compared to the previous races, but the cause is unknown. I will analyze it from here, but there may be hints to fight them equally in the race.

--- Mercedes says that cooling was severe.

Tanabe TD: We were too strict. Especially when you have a car in front of you.

-Still, Fel Stappen overtaked many times today.

Tanabe TD: (I do not know other companies, but as Honda, I was running with PU as cold as possible.

"

-After passing 50 laps in the second half, I issued an instruction to "Please fail 3" to Fel Stappen by radio, what happened?
Tanabe TD: The sensor has broken. Therefore, when I tried to protect the power unit for a moment, the power dropped, but I could confirm that there was no problem in the PU itself, so after instructing to set it as the default (initial) setting, the power will be soon came back. At that time, I was shocked.

――After removing Botas, there was also a command to "set in engine mode 11."
Tanabe TD: I told the mode to improve the performance. The Grand Prix was originally a team home race, and we agreed with the team to use the engine as far as we could go, so we checked the engine status during the race and said that we could still go.

I have no choice but to go when the difference with Leclerc is less than 4 seconds. It was tough to cool down when I approached the car just before that, but today's Max players may have been a factor that did not bother the cooling that I had pulled out immediately after coming behind.

Although it is still under deliberation, (* The interview has been started before the deliberation result. After that contact with Charles Leclerc has officially decided not to be penalized as a racing incident) Mr. Tanabe has other categories So far, I have experienced many championships so far. How happy are you at this championship?
Toyoji Tanabe F1 Technical Director (hereinafter referred to as Tanabe TD): Top level.

--- You were crying at the podium.
Tanabe TD: No, I just got champagne in my eyes (laughs)

--- What happened to the podium?
Tanabe TD: This is my first time. It's not Indy.

-How did you get to the podium?

* A spokesman for Honda was asked, "When Honda's leaders were taking lunch with Red Bull's leaders at noon," Who would you like Honda staff to be on the podium if you win today? " So, it was explained that Yamamoto MD (Masashi Yamamoto F1 managing director of Honda) wanted to raise Tanabe who had the hardest effort.

Tanabe TD: After the race (Helmto) Marco (Motor Sports Advisor at Red Bull) says "I'm going to the podium", so I thought I was "under the podium" and I walked to Parc Ferme, Mr. Yamamoto came and said, "No, it's out there (on the podium)."

I rushed up the control tower, but the staff in charge didn't recognize me, so I couldn't get in easily and the commendation ceremony started, so the national choir was over From once, once in a while.

--- What is a champagne shower?
Tanabe TD: Because I was put on Max, I thought I had to put it back, and when I tried to put it on, I put on a hat (laughs)

After the award ceremony, "Honda Call" arose from a Dutch fan who filled the course.
Tanabe TD: It was good to be able to win because I thought that "it would be bad if there was anything in the race with this," when the TV camera projected the stand that turned orange in front of the start (laughs)

We are happy to support the fans, and we are fighting for Formula One to win the race, and of course we have to cultivate engineers, but we still want people from all over the world to know Honda . I hope that today's championship will bring as many people around the world as possible to know Honda.

--- Can you give a word to Honda staff?
Tanabe TD: Today's victory is due to the people who started this project, the people who have been involved so far, and the people who have been involved so far.

I've been involved in this project since last year, but at the beginning of the war there was no engine, or even if it worked all night, it would be broken if it was run the next day, and those who spent such days would Have continued to believe in our technology, and now we have it.

Also, don't forget about Toro Rosso who trusted us and partnered with us last year. I can not thank you.

-For Honda, it is the first win in 13 years since the Hungarian Grand Prix in 2006.
Tanabe TD: It was long. Honda pulled out of Formula One in 2008, but when Jenson Baton won the opening match in 2009 (on the Brown GP, ​​who took over the team), he saw on TV and weep.

* Here, a report from Honda's public relations report, "Without deliberation as a result of deliberation," is included.

Tanabe TD: Ooh.

--- As a result of deliberation, the championship was officially decided.
Tanabe TD: It is true that today's race development has not changed (no matter what the outcome of the deliberation is), the first time the checkered flag is turned off.

--- This time it is not only Ferrari but also Mercedes.
Tanabe TD: I will do my best to say "this time", not "this time".

rogazilla

roon wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 03:46
I want that Aero engine developed turbo, mgu-h on a K24 in a S2000 body Rev to 12000 rpm :mrgreen:

roon

rogazilla wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 04:16
roon wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 03:46
I want that Aero engine developed turbo, mgu-h on a K24 in a S2000 body Rev to 12000 rpm :mrgreen:
You know, its probably small enough to fit in a Goldwing 😬😱

Hino

Marti_EF3

VTEC kicked in yo! :lol: :lol: :lol:

etusch

loner

https://twitter.com/NAR/status/1145788297253392386
The Japanese automaker's latest stint in the sport has been marked by setbacks, with occasional objections from shareholders to staying. But perseverance with honing its racing engines and the nearly three-decade development of the HondaJet helped deliver the long-awaited victory.
Current F1 rules require engines to run on a hybrid mix of internal combustion and electric power. Honda's engines convert exhaust heat into electrical power using technology brought over from the business jet, on which foundational research began in 1986. This boost, combined with the skills of the veteran Red Bull team, helped carry the day.
Keeping costly F1 operations running at all has been a risky bet. Honda's operating profit marked a second straight annual decline in the year ended March 31, with investments in its core business weighing heavily as the rise of connected, automated, shared and electrified vehicle technology causes a sea change in the industry.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Automo ... -13-years2
para bellum.

ispano6

It definitely has been worth it. Won back some old fans and made some new ones. It was an awesome weekend for Honda racing, Nobu, Marc and Max.

The best is yet to come and with some innovations already in the pipeline we should be challenging the top teams at any track. Silverstone qualifying might be damp or raining, but the race will be dry according to current forecasts. Hungary is expected to be hot again and should have "favorable" conditions like Austria.

coaster

So glad honda finally shook the monkey of its back.

KelsO

https://www.as-web.jp/f1/498653?all

優勝の興奮冷めやらぬ中で行われたホンダの山本雅史マネージングディレクターへのインタビュー。今回のF1第9戦オーストリアGPが、モナコに次ぐ「優勝を狙ったレース」であり、レース現場を統括する田辺豊治テクニカルディレクターと事前に綿密に打ち合わせを繰り返したこと、さらに田辺TDが表彰台に上がった裏話も明らかにした。

インタビューの時点ではまだ裁定結果は出ておらず、ペナルティで勝利を失う可能性もあった。だが山本MDにとっては、マックスの正しさは自明のことだったようだ。(※その後シャルル・ルクレールとフェルスタッペンの接触は、レーシングインシデント判定されペナルティが科されないことが正式に決定した。)

――FIA-F2での松下信治選手の優勝に続いて、F1でも最高の結果が出ました。正直なところ、山本さんはこの勝利を予想していましたか?
山本雅史マネージングディレクター(以下、山本MD):カナダ、フランスと、厳しいレースが続きましたよね。一方で車体側のアップデートも、うまく回り始めていました。

今回はレッドブルの地元レースで、(ヘルムート)マルコさん(レッドブルのモータースポーツアドバイザー)からも、「プッシュして行こう」という話が出ていました。それで田辺とも話し合って、「いつもよりは攻めて行こう。このチャンスは、絶対にモノにしたいよね」と、金曜日から話していました。

それで予選に向けては、もちろん信頼性を保ちながらも、できるだけ攻めようと。そうやってホンダが一丸となって臨んだ結果、予選3番手を獲得できました。

――そして(ルイス)ハミルトンのペナルティで、フロントロウの2番グリッドに上がりました。
山本MD:ええ。3番手を獲った時点で、マルコさんや(エイドリアン)ニューウェイさん(レッドブルのテクニカルディレクター)から、「いいセットアップをしてくれた」という言葉をもらっていたんですね。

それが2番手に上がったことで、追い風は感じていました。実はレース前にオーナーの(ディートリヒ)マテシッツさんやマルコさん、(クリスチャン)ホーナー代表たちとランチをした際、「表彰台の真ん中を狙おう」という話も出たんです。

そしたらマルコさんが、「もし勝ったら、ホンダの誰かが表彰台に上がっていいぞ」と言ってきた。それで私は、「一番苦労してる田辺を上げたい」と即答しました。マテシッツさんも、「それは、いいね」と。
――レース前に決まっていたんですね。
山本MD:ええ。僕はずっと、「モナコまでに勝ちたい」って言っていたじゃないですか。もちろんマックスはモナコでもいいレースをしてくれましたけど、届かなかった。じゃあ次に狙うのは、ここしかないだろうと。シルバーストンなどは、正直厳しいですし。だからこのサーキットにフォーカスしていました。

――とはいえ、狙って勝てるものでもないですよね。
山本MD:そう。だから田辺と何度もミーティングを重ねて、おかげで予選もいい方向に進みました。

――それだけにスタートは驚いたのではないでしょうか。
山本MD:まさか、という感じでしたよ(苦笑)。マックスでも、あんなことが起きるんだと。スタートで順位を落としたのは、まさかまさかのハプニングでしたね。

――今回も4位かと思いましたか?
山本MD:そうは思わなかったです。マックスの走りを見ていたら、特に後半は神がかっていましたから。いわゆる、ゾーンに入っている感じでしたね。

――雨のブラジルGPの走りも凄かったですが(2016年、フェルスタッペンは雨の中、14番手から3位を勝ち取った)
山本MD:ええ。今回はルクレールを追いかけてた残り10周の最速ラップ連発には、少しシビれましたね。
Last edited by KelsO on 06 Jul 2019, 17:31, edited 2 times in total.