General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Sieper

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

That sounds nice when you are on the good side of luck. Just as when you are cured from cancer, you have defeated cancer! Sounds fantastic. And the girl nexT door dies from it, but yeah, she was defeated, didn’t fight hard enough then? Or bad luck, but then she deserved that apparently. Gasly has taken a great win, On top of some fine drives at SAT last and this year, he was able to repair his status, that is also exactly the reason they kept him on, for him to try and achieve that.

IvailoStefanovBG

Not exactly what I mean but it`s difficult to explain...Finally luck is there where it should be...

epo
epo

IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 11:54
Not exactly what I mean but it`s difficult to explain...Finally luck is there where it should be...
Luck doesn't exist so.
And Honda still have to catch up with Mercedes, but RB even more though that is clear? There is no-one from RB saying it Honda's fault for being slower then Mercedes? Can people stop complaining they feel hurt because their precious Honda brand is being damaged?

Wouter

Very nice words from Yamamoto, Managing Director of Honda F1 about AlphaTauri and Gasly (Guthrie :) ).

Google translate in English. https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 090e85ce66

Original with pictures: https://note.com/hondaf1/n/n58090e85ce66
The Power of Dreams!

Zynerji

Wouter wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 13:13
Very nice words from Yamamoto, Managing Director of Honda F1 about AlphaTauri and Gasly (Guthrie :) ).

Google translate in English. https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 090e85ce66

Original with pictures: https://note.com/hondaf1/n/n58090e85ce66
Great article! Its nice when we get to see the humans behind the corporations.

Wouter

I agree @Zynerji!

What a beautiful aircraft! ❤️

The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Moving this over from the AT thread:
nzjrs wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 09:43
Thanks a lot for looking into this ispano6!
I went through Suzuka Circuit's old news announcements and saw that they had announced the availability of the Staff Replica shirts on the Wednesday before the 2019 Suzuka F1 GP weekend, so it's likely that the timing will be the same (hopefully sooner and more availability to make up revenue lost from not having the race). It also seems the black and red staff shirt I have wasn't available on the online shop and only the white and red was. If it was then it was probably only a few left over from the Circuit shop and even then it's sold as a Suzuka circuit shop exclusive goods. If you want a staff replica shirt/jacket PM me and I will see if I can have someone pick up a few when they become available at the circuit shop and can arrange to ship them internationally if the shop won't ship outside Japan (probably won't). I expect quite a delay in shipping so you might not receive immediately or before seasons end (at least we'll have it for next year). Prices should be around the same but may be higher, though I don't remember it costing that much at the circuit.

Hino

Wouter

Hino wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 19:53

Thank you @Hino and welcome back. :wink:
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Hino wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 19:53
Thank you so much @Hino for sharing this, I really wanted to see Motohashi-san's reaction. Maybe they'll promote him to Red Bull someday too!

ispano6

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/97f4c ... 41af780141
Honda, "Gives wings" to Alpha Tauri. Delivered Honda Jet to the team and started full-scale operation from the Italian GP

Honda Aircraft Company, a subsidiary of Honda's aircraft business, has delivered the latest model " HondaJet Elite " to the Alpha Tauri Honda and announced that it has started full-scale operation from the F1 Round 8 Italian GP.

[Video] Guthrie & AlphaTauri Honda's first victory! 2020F1 Round 8 Italy GP Final Highlights

The HondaJet, a small business jet developed by Honda Aircraft Company, is sold in North America, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, China, the Middle East, India, and Japan, and is sold worldwide. Over 155 aircraft are in operation. The Honda Jet delivered to the team will be colored with alpha tauri specifications, and will be used for a variety of purposes such as moving officers, F1 drivers, other athletes and previewing the circuit based in Europe. Mr. Michikazu Fujino, President of Honda Aircraft Company, commented as follows. " Red BullI am very pleased to have selected the Honda Jet Elite. By using HondaJet Elite, we hope that the players will be able to move more efficiently and safely, and that they will be able to compete in each race in the best condition.” Red Bull owning Alpha Tauri Honda "I'm pleased to welcome Honda Jet Elite as a new member of the Flying Bulls," said Helmut Marco, a motorsports adviser at. “This is a new step in a strong partnership between Honda and Red Bull. The HondaJet is very ideal as it is particularly efficient on short and medium distance routes. Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Alfa Tauri. -It will be used to move the Honda team.Honda and Red Bull have long-established global partnerships in MotoGP as well as F1 motorsport." In the F1 Italian GP, ​​Alfa Tauri Pierre Guthrie won the first F1 victory. It was a memorable race when Honda supplied power units to the team from the Toro Rosso era and won the race at the 50th round. Honda Jet started operation at such a perfect timing. Due to the influence of the corona wreck , this season's F1 is the second consecutive battle, and it seems to be a valuable "wing" for the team.

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 16:14
Honda, "Gives wings" to Alpha Tauri. Delivered Honda Jet to the team and started full-scale operation from the Italian GP
What a nice gesture! =D> Thanks for posting @Ispano.
The Power of Dreams!

shingles

ispano6 wrote:

Honda Aircraft Company, a subsidiary of Honda's aircraft business, has delivered the latest model " HondaJet Elite " to the Alpha Tauri Honda and announced that it has started full-scale operation from the F1 Round 8 Italian GP.

[Video] Guthrie & AlphaTauri Honda's first victory! 2020F1 Round 8 Italy GP Final Highlights

The HondaJet, a small business jet developed by Honda Aircraft Company, is sold in North America, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, China, the Middle East, India, and Japan, and is sold worldwide. Over 155 aircraft are in operation. The Honda Jet delivered to the team will be colored with alpha tauri specifications, and will be used for a variety of purposes such as moving officers, F1 drivers, other athletes and previewing the circuit based in Europe. Mr. Michikazu Fujino, President of Honda Aircraft Company, commented as follows. " Red BullI am very pleased to have selected the Honda Jet Elite. By using HondaJet Elite, we hope that the players will be able to move more efficiently and safely, and that they will be able to compete in each race in the best condition.” Red Bull owning Alpha Tauri Honda "I'm pleased to welcome Honda Jet Elite as a new member of the Flying Bulls," said Helmut Marco, a motorsports adviser at. “This is a new step in a strong partnership between Honda and Red Bull. The HondaJet is very ideal as it is particularly efficient on short and medium distance routes. Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Alfa Tauri. -It will be used to move the Honda team.Honda and Red Bull have long-established global partnerships in MotoGP as well as F1 motorsport." In the F1 Italian GP, ​​Alfa Tauri Pierre Guthrie won the first F1 victory. It was a memorable race when Honda supplied power units to the team from the Toro Rosso era and won the race at the 50th round. Honda Jet started operation at such a perfect timing. Due to the influence of the corona wreck , this season's F1 is the second consecutive battle, and it seems to be a valuable "wing" for the team.
I had wondered if RBR was going to get to use the jet. Sounds like they will.
It'd be cool if It was RBR Honda next year and there was a RBR version of the jet as well.

Wouter

shingles wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 16:57
ispano6 wrote:
I had wondered if RBR was going to get to use the jet. Sounds like they will.
It'd be cool if It was RBR Honda next year and there was a RBR version of the jet as well.
The Honda jet with the AlphaTauri image is beautiful, but with that big red bull on it ... doesn't seem pretty. :P
The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

It would not be very nice. There is now a new Flight simulator / game out by Microsoft (MSFS 2020) check it out if you haven’t. Incredible step forward in gaming tech, but it has a Ferrari custom livery on one of the jets (all red with the prancing horse and Italian tricolore) and it Just looks stupid imho. Way too “busy”. RBR look would have a similar issue.