General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX
SAKHIR Race Setup

Bahrain, it’s been a while! Scheduled to take its place as round two of the original 2020 season, our last trip to the Bahrain International circuit was now over 19 months ago. This will be our first night race of the season as we start a triple-header of action under the lights, with another race in Bahrain, albeit on a different never before used layout, to follow next weekend and then onto Abu Dhabi to wrap up the season. Returning to Bahrain we are reminded of our success here back in 2018, as our new relationship with Scuderia Toro Rosso produced an unforgettable P4 finish with Pierre. And of course, before our partnership began, Red Bull Racing won here in 2012 and 2013. With just three rounds to go there’s no letting up, and the teams will be giving their all to finish the year on a high.

TOYOHARU TANABE
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, HONDA RACING F1

We are now in the Middle East for the last triple-header of the year which also marks the end of this unusual 2020 season and we begin with two races at Bahrain’s Sakhir Circuit. It is the third time this year that one circuit has hosted two races on consecutive weekends, after races at the Red Bull Ring and Silverstone. This particular pair of races differs in that it is the same circuit facility, but we will use a new for Formula 1 layout next weekend. That should add some variety for the teams to work on and an interesting spectacle for the fans. Normally, we should have been here much earlier in the year for the second round of the season. It makes little difference in terms of the expected ambient and track temperatures as Bahrain weather does not vary much throughout the year. However, traditionally the 5pm start meant this was a twilight race, with the sun setting and the floodlights taking over. However, this time, the sun goes down earlier, shortly before 5. The timetable means that only FP2 takes place at a similar time to qualifying and the race, so set up can be tricky, but we have data from previous years to rely on. The outcome of the last round in Turkey was frustrating for both our teams and we would like to end the year in style, starting with a good weekend here in Bahrain. This very different season has been tough on all team members, so we will do what we can to ensure that everyone is in good shape, apart from all the usual Covid-19 precautions.
Some words from the drivers.

https://en.hondaracingf1.com/races/2020 ... ?tab=setup
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

:o :o :o

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Wouter wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 15:51
:o :o :o

Today, Yuki has earned the AT seat. Starting 22th and finishing 6th. Awesome drive, awesome tire management and without loosing his mind trying to overtake. He is at least F1 material =D> =D>

Wouter

Marti_EF3 wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 12:19

Today, Yuki has earned the AT seat. Starting 22th and finishing 6th. Awesome drive, awesome tire management and without loosing his mind trying to overtake. He is at least F1 material =D> =D>
He was phenomenal today, especialy after the pitstop. In a few rounds from 15 to 6!! =D> \:D/

The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Would be a shame not to have him in F1
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

Big Tea wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 21:30
It would indeed!

Here is "Yuki around the outside". =D> Just like Max who loves this also.

The Power of Dreams!

JordanMugen

Do folks suppose the 2021 Honda can catch or exceed the performance of Mercedes-Benz 2021 power unit, without the proposed fuel-flow-based BOP? :?:

Big Tea wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 21:30
But Perez is more proven? Talented rookie or points collecting machine -- a tough choice for the second AlphaTauri! :D

selvam_e2002

not a tough one for AT. they will kickout kyvat and Albon will stay in RB.

Marti_EF3

Shame, today thanks to a loser who is not fighting anything now Tsunoda is 5th and lost all the advantage. I hate when those kids seems to not have brain

Wouter

Marti_EF3 wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 12:54
Shame, today thanks to a loser who is not fighting anything now Tsunoda is 5th and lost all the advantage. I hate when those kids seems to not have brain
Did you see that Yuki drove the whole race 1 sec a lap faster then Shwartzman in the front?
Tuki could have easely won the race. :(
He was even fast then Illot, who was behind him. They both were faster then Shwartzman.
I hope Illot will win the Campionship. :)
Shame he hasn't the money for another F2 year. :(
The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Wouter wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 14:01
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Did you see that Yuki drove the whole race 1 sec a lap faster then Shwartzman in the front?
He was even fast then Illot, who was behind him. They both were faster then Shwartzman.
Hopefully Yuki can have 2 good races with points, because I want him to be into that AT in 2021. But well, he can get the SL anywat if he get an FP1 in Abu Dhabi if things goes very bad

Yeah, he was faster going with the softs during 13 laps, that is more frustrating because he had a good start and was going very fast... But well, --- happens sometimes. I hope his bad luck is over now, and next week he will win one race to secure his SL

Wouter

Marti_EF3 wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 14:15
Wouter wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Hopefully Yuki can have 2 good races with points, because I want him to be into that AT in 2021. But well, he can get the SL anyway if he get an FP1 in Abu Dhabi if things goes very bad
He gets only one SL point for driving a FP1, so that is not enough .
The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Wouter wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 14:40
Marti_EF3 wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 14:15
Wouter wrote:

Hopefully Yuki can have 2 good races with points, because I want him to be into that AT in 2021. But well, he can get the SL anyway if he get an FP1 in Abu Dhabi if things goes very bad
He gets only one SL point for driving a FP1, so that is not enough .
Yeah I see now. He needs 18SL points this year to have 40. And 5th position gives 20 points, and 6th only 10. I hope next week he won't get caught by another brainless driver wanting to have it's glory minute... :?

Wouter

Wouter wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Why did I get a downvote for this post?
The downvoter says:
" Schwartzman had a competent race, without unnecessary risk."

Can someone explain that to me? I don't understand the reason for this downvote.
The Power of Dreams!