General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
godlameroso

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

No! Reliablity would be it breaking, it does no such thing. Let's say you have a small oil leak on your car, even if your rear main seal is leaking, it doesn't mean the engine is unreliable. It means you have a leak and a small oil pressure loss. Is this terminal on a car? NO. Many cars drive around even on track with small oil leaks, is it ideal? No. Is it terminal? No. Will it lead to catastrophic failure as long as oil level and pressure is adequate? NO! Can you improve it, and make it a non issue? Yes absolutely? Luckily time is on our side, and shouldn't take long to get this sorted.

Reliability is an issue and in the quest for bulletproof reliability, you must leave no stone unturned. Particularly since the power unit components are so interdependent. There are so many systems on ANY ICE, that depend on hydraulic oil pressure. The turbo for one, the crankshaft, the pistons, and rods. The camshafts, the other parts in the cylinder head and lubricating cam timing mechanisms.
The height of cultivation is really nothing special. It is merely simplicity; the ability to express the utmost with the minimum. Mr.Lee

godlameroso

Game On!
The height of cultivation is really nothing special. It is merely simplicity; the ability to express the utmost with the minimum. Mr.Lee

lio007

godlameroso wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:08 am
Game On!
#-o ?

_cerber1

lio007 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:19 am
godlameroso wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:08 am
Game On!
#-o ?

Snorked
Snorked

Wouter wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:44 am
GhostF1 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:10 am
Wouter wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:38 pm

I have read both pages, but I cannot find where these claims come from. I don't see anyone's name from Honda anywhere.
Are they all assumptions made by the writer, Mineoki Yoneya , are they rumors he has heard?
Yamamoto told other things in the two-part interview last week.

That would make sense with what Tanabe-san said, Honda's overall engine concept remains the same but a lot of parts are brand new particularly with regards to the ERS system. Yamamoto in reference to "other suppliers" and "major changes" sounds like he is referring to Renault changing their entire architecture to be that of the Honda/Mercedes form for 2022.
Thank you @GhostF1, that makes sence. 👍

I still want to know who said these things in the article, I can't find it. @Snorked maybe?
Maybe he had an "off the record" chat with somebody connected with Honda? I remember his F1life website getting info before others in the past, I think he was the first to report Honda going to Toro Rossi / Red Bull.

Wouter

Honda’s Ayumu Iwasa set to be revealed as a Red Bull junior
written by Elliot Wood 12 January 2021

Red Bull has signed Honda-backed Ayumu Iwasa, the 2020 French Formula 4 champion, to its Formula 1 junior team.

The 19-year-old Japanese racer has been in single-seaters since 2017, and was first linked to Red Bull late last year, just as compatriot Yuki Tsunoda was signed to race for AlphaTauri in F1.

Red Bull’s website has listed Iwasa for several weeks despite no official announcement, and Formula Scout has learned that the teenager has officially been signed.
https://formulascout.com/hondas-ayumu-i ... source=rss

godlameroso

2022 Red Bull HPD starting to sound pretty nice.

Sieper

A plastic scale model kit of the Honda Jet. Made by Ebbro who produce some fantastic scale model cars.

https://aeroscale.net/news/ebbro-s-1-48 ... ane-models
Just a personal interest, a Family recreating a WW2 May 1940 Dutch warbird from scratch: https://www.facebook.com/FlyingFokkerD21/

etusch

TimKasher
TimKasher

I think they will soon have to implement a new system in internal combustion engines.

etusch

great picture

Wouter

=D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Following a meeting on Thursday of the F1 Commission, made up of teams, the FIA and the F1 organisation,
it is understood that unanimous approval was given to an engine freeze to come into play from the start of next year.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-t ... n=widget-1

etusch

Wouter wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:02 pm
=D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Following a meeting on Thursday of the F1 Commission, made up of teams, the FIA and the F1 organisation,
it is understood that unanimous approval was given to an engine freeze to come into play from the start of next year.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-t ... n=widget-1
wow superb news. we can hear longer that sound

Wouter

Red Bull To Take On Honda F1 Power Unit Technology From 2022

Red Bull form powertrain company following agreement with Honda to use the Japanese manufacturer’s F1 power unit technology.
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullr ... ouncement/

Wouter

=D> \:D/