General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wimg

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

hollus wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:30 pm
Firefox Focus will block “other sites” that might try to track you.
Since images are always externally hosted in F1T, that is likely to be the problem.
Thanks SirBV.
wimg, what are you using?
Hi hollus,

I normally use FireFox, not a big fan of either Safari, Edge, or Chrome for that matter.
However, I have disabled blocking and tracking for this site, so it is a bit strange I still do not see any images.

If images aren't visible with some browsers and not with others, even with blockers off, it may be that your installation of phpBB requires some finetuning indeed, either on the phpBB-side, or server-side.

I don't know phpBB at all, to be very honest, as I only intensively have used and still am using Invision Community Suite (since 2004) for the biggest hobby site of its kind in the world, but we are also storing images on our own server. Our users may use our own server or externally host their iamges, although from a security PoV we prefer people to upload their images to our own server. It also means we're not dependent on some external host going down or out of business suddenly, with images disappearing all over the place :).

I will check to see with which browser images do becoem visible, and report back. I'll do so in the report topic, so as not to take up any further off-topic space here.

Kindest regards, Wim

lio007

wimg wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:58 pm
I'll do so in the report topic, so as not to take up any further off-topic space here.

Kindest regards, Wim
Good idea! :D

etusch

Wouter

It is a busy overall, but HONDA is clearly visible, even twice! :) =D>

Wouter

Wouter

Helmut Marko on Servus TV.

''The preparation for this season is the best we have had in the last seven years. Our goal is the world title and even as outsiders we can take it. The all-new engine from Honda is a beautiful piece of work. Honda has found more performance for 2021, and taken out the weaknesses,'' Marko told Servus TV.

''All in all, this improvement in the engine should ensure that we are on the level of Mercedes. However, we know they don't sleep, so I hope their leap is not so big now that their engine is already in its eighth year. That development curve has to start levelling off somewhere. I am confident about the Honda engine. There were some problems in the preparation, but that was due to sloppiness. It was nothing that would indicate serious mechanical or electronic problems.''

''We don't need to take any legal steps to prevent Mercedes from luring Verstappen away from us. We just have to give Max a car he can win with, and compete for the world title with. If we manage to do that, there will be nothing to stop us working together for a long time'', the Austrian concludes.

Type-Rem
Type-Rem

Wouter wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:30 am

''The preparation for this season is the best we have had in the last seven years. Our goal is the world title and even as outsiders we can take it. The all-new engine from Honda is a beautiful piece of work. Honda has found more performance for 2021, and taken out the weaknesses,'' Marko told Servus TV.

''All in all, this improvement in the engine should ensure that we are on the level of Mercedes. However, we know they don't sleep, so I hope their leap is not so big now that their engine is already in its eighth year. That development curve has to start levelling off somewhere. I am confident about the Honda engine. There were some problems in the preparation, but that was due to sloppiness. It was nothing that would indicate serious mechanical or electronic problems.''

''We don't need to take any legal steps to prevent Mercedes from luring Verstappen away from us. We just have to give Max a car he can win with, and compete for the world title with. If we manage to do that, there will be nothing to stop us working together for a long time'', the Austrian concludes.
Wow, did he really say sloppiness coming from Honda?? That is quite shocking!

Wouter

Type-Rem wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:41 am
Wouter wrote:

No, he didn't say sloppiness. Thats what the author made of it. It is difficult to translate.
Marko said: ""Es gab in der Vorbereitung kleinere Probleme, die aber auf Schlampereien zurückzuführen waren.
Es war nichts, was vom Mechanischen oder Elektronischen her gravierende Probleme geben sollte."

I don't know the English word for it. It is an expression from Austria.

The original article:

https://www.formel1.de/news/news/2021-0 ... len-die-wm
Last edited by Wouter on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

El Scorchio

Wouter wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:58 am
Type-Rem wrote:
Wouter wrote:

No, he didn't say sloppiness. Thats what the author made of it. It is difficult to translate.
Marko said: ""Es gab in der Vorbereitung kleinere Probleme, die aber auf Schlampereien zurückzuführen waren.
Es war nichts, was vom Mechanischen oder Elektronischen her gravierende Probleme geben sollte."

Google also translated it as 'sloppiness' in the context of the sentence. Amusingly if you just enter 'Schlampereien' on it's own, it says 'sluts'. Damn those sluts, ruining the preparation. I wonder if they were accounted for within the budget cap... ;)

lio007

El Scorchio wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:28 am
Wouter wrote:
Type-Rem wrote:

Google also translated it as 'sloppiness' in the context of the sentence. Amusingly if you just enter 'Schlampereien' on it's own, it says 'sluts'. Damn those sluts, ruining the preparation. I wonder if they were accounted for within the budget cap... ;)
I saw it live yesterday and I don't get it why this "Schlampereien" is linked to Honda. It could also be on RBR's side. It's not entirely clear from what Helmut Marko said. Here in Austria the "Schlampereien" is not always in a negativ / serious context. You can understand it the way that they had some "loose cable ties and therefore something got loose that souldn't"-kind of problems. This kind of things we call "Schlampereien" here in Austria :)

PlatinumZealot

He basically means just the usual human errors. Nothing to burst any brains about.
.. OG.. OG.. OG.. OG..

lio007

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:15 pm
He basically means just the usual human errors. Nothing to burst any brains about.
Exactly!

HPD

El Scorchio wrote:
Amusingly if you just enter 'Schlampereien' on it's own, it says 'sluts'. Damn those sluts, ruining the preparation. I wonder if they were accounted for within the budget cap... ;)
How do we send 'Schlampereien' to the Mercedes field? hahaha :lol:

El Scorchio

HPD wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:21 pm
El Scorchio wrote:
Amusingly if you just enter 'Schlampereien' on it's own, it says 'sluts'. Damn those sluts, ruining the preparation. I wonder if they were accounted for within the budget cap... ;)
How do we send 'Schlampereien' to the Mercedes field? hahaha :lol:
It's a shame Briatore isn't around. he'd be in his element! (possibly, allegedly jokingly etc. etc.)

ispano6

lio007 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:49 pm
El Scorchio wrote:
Wouter wrote:

I saw it live yesterday and I don't get it why this "Schlampereien" is linked to Honda. It could also be on RBR's side. It's not entirely clear from what Helmut Marko said. Here in Austria the "Schlampereien" is not always in a negativ / serious context. You can understand it the way that they had some "loose cable ties and therefore something got loose that souldn't"-kind of problems. This kind of things we call "Schlampereien" here in Austria :)
Was this in regard to the shakedown of the Rb16b? I thought there was a comment regarding the RB16b shakedown didn't go smooth. If it's installation and harness issues they better triple check it and follow the instruction manuals if you know what I mean. I would be irate if the glitches of last year are present this year. No excuses.