General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
etusch

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Wouter wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:57 am
Honda put an end to controversial suggestions from Mercedes

However, Honda has dismissed all those rumors from the Mercedes camp as inaccurate. F1 director Toyoharu Tanabe told the media in Austria: "I'm very happy if it's true, but it's not true."

“Under current regulations, it is not allowed to apply performance updates during the season. As a result, our second PU is the same as the first PU in terms of specification and performance. Under the current engine rules, we must report any changes to the FIA. You can only change for reliability or financial reasons or logistics, and then we have to submit very detailed information to the FIA ​​first. They must first allow it to adjust."

“The FIA ​​distributes all the documents to the other engine suppliers, so we need approval from the other manufacturers to change the specifications of individual parts. The reason we do such a very detailed research is that a long time ago some teams improved their performance by making a change to improve reliability. So we are very careful to improve the performance and adapt the engine for that. It is not possible to improve performance during the season. That's my response to that suggestions and rumors from Mercedes."
I don't thik cry baby and his liar boss don't know about how things go on with their own pu which I suspect never been a legal pu.
But it is not that important, the important thing is honda still pushing with what they has.
Tanabe says that any progress that others have seen from the Honda engine is recent races is simply the result of it better deploying its energy management systems to maximise lap time.

“We have been learning gradually how to use the PU,” he explained. “We improve our weakness, and then we push our strengths.

“As a result, the base specification, the performance, is the same, but trackside performance I believe we have been improving.”

Wouter

Twitter: Max Verstappen @Max33Verstappen
P1 It was a bit too close for comfort, as it wasn't a perfect session, but good enough to get us pole.
This one is dedicated to the Orange Army, super to see you back at the track .
Let's make it something to remember tomorrow 🧡 #KeepPushing[/quote]

ispano6

I love seeing Tanabe-san up there!

Snorked
Snorked

Honda showing some 1988 dominant form =D>

Honda and Max would both have 5 in a row if it wasn't for Pirelli :x

WannabeF1Driver
WannabeF1Driver

ispano6 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:06 pm
I love seeing Tanabe-san up there!
Was I the only one who thought that he looked a little bit lost on the podium? Like he didn't know what to do? :lol:

HPD

WannabeF1Driver wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:33 pm
Was I the only one who thought that he looked a little bit lost on the podium? Like he didn't know what to do? :lol:
This is Tanabe-san, very humble. That's why we love it

Wouter

Great to see Tanabe-san on the podium! =D>

Sobujhossain93
Sobujhossain93

wow so nice.

WannabeF1Driver
WannabeF1Driver

HPD wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:15 pm
WannabeF1Driver wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:33 pm
This is Tanabe-san, very humble. That's why we love it
Don't know much about him, but that makes sense.

Wouter

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Maybe not too much related to the current engine… But since it is the General Honda Topic… Came around this video and had to share it here… Goosebumps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

etusch

ispano6

Motohashi-san on how the PUs will need to be set up and run for the sprint race weekend:
Because FP1 is the only time where we can try and find suitable settings for the race, our simulations in the factory before coming to the circuit will be crucial,” Motohashi-san says. “Having to decide the power unit settings just after FP1 is something we have never tried, but we are trying to do the simulation as accurately as possible.

“From a reliability point of view, it’ll be tougher than a normal weekend because of the Sprint, which means running the PU in race mode for a longer period of time.

“And while it is not critical nor directly impacting on this weekend, but as we are only allowed a limited number of power units in a year, we will need to take it into consideration when we think of the PU allocation plan for the season.

In the past, we might have used older power unit components during Friday practice and then changed them overnight ahead of qualifying on a Saturday, but the new schedule makes such an approach much harder, with parc ferme starting at the start of qualifying on Friday.

That reduces what we can do as a result of what is learned in FP2 on Saturday, but there is still some value to the extra practice running even after qualifying has taken place.

“Technically it is allowed to use a different PU in FP1 and FP2 to the qualifying, sprint and grand prix. But this means we will need to switch PU after FP1 or FP2 which is going to be quite tough considering the time limitations.

“There is not much we can do as basically everything has to be set after FP1. It sounds like there’s no value in FP2 as we cannot change any settings after that, but actually both the team and ourselves can try various things there to understand the behaviour of the car and tyres etc in different conditions to FP1, which will be good a reference to consider for the race strategy.”

Wouter

BritishGP Race Setup #F1 Silverstone

Toyoharu Tanabe
Honda Racing F1

After a run of excellent results in recent races, we now come to the British Grand Prix, traditionally one of the highlights of the season. After two rounds at Red Bull’s own track in Austria, this is another home race, with Silverstone just a short drive from Red Bull Racing’s factory and our own facility in Milton Keynes.

For the first time in the history of Formula 1, we will have a Sprint race on Saturday which will decide the grid for Sunday’s Grand Prix. It means that we at Honda and all the teams effectively have to decide on set-up for PU and chassis, during just the one free practice session on Friday morning, before normal qualifying that same afternoon. This is a great challenge for the engineers and the accuracy of the simulation we have done prior to this weekend will take on even more importance than usual and we are keen to see how well we have prepared for this. This will be a tough weekend from many aspects, but we hope to keep the momentum of the last few races going in this important home weekend for us.
A few words from Max : ............
- Sergio : ..............
- Pierre : ..............
- Yuki : ..............

https://honda.racing/f1/post/britain-setup

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:39 pm
Motohashi-san on how the PUs will need to be set up and run for the sprint race weekend:
“Technically it is allowed to use a different PU in FP1 and FP2 to the qualifying, sprint and grand prix. But this means we will need to switch PU after FP1 or FP2 which is going to be quite tough considering the time limitations.
After FP1 the cars are going in Parc Fermé until after the GP on Sunday.
Hoe is it possible that they can change de PU after FP2? Is this an exception?
I thought only parts that are broken may be changed.