General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
sn809

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

McHonda wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 02:01
TakataDomeNSX wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 16:49
Umm does anyone have a link to where Honda said they don't mind Aston being the title sponsor?
On page 49 hasika translated some comments from Yamamoto from an interview in Japan..

I respect the partnership with Toro Rosso and i have many communication with Tost.We dont want to change the relationship with Toro Rosso.So we are thinking about what the relationship should be with Red Bull.Luckly,they are one group.So i am talking about the all things with Marko.

Aston Martin is a supercar maker,but we also have our NSX.So we had some discussion about team name.But the team name wont change,and i do not care much about it.But,personally i cant accept Honda engine is baged as Tag Heuer.I think Tag Heuer is OK as the team's Sponsor.I dont know how things will go finally at the moment.But its(Aston Martin and Tag Heuer) very clear between me and Marko
The way I read this, it doesnt say they are ok with Aston Martin label on the engine. He specifically says they have an NSX which is a competitor car

HPD

It is a difficult translation.
The name will be maintained. "Aston Martin Red Bull Racing"

But the tag TAG Heuer as a motor, is not accepted. It is accepted as "sponsor" but not for an engine tag.

McHonda

sn809 wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 13:48
McHonda wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 02:01
TakataDomeNSX wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 16:49
Umm does anyone have a link to where Honda said they don't mind Aston being the title sponsor?
On page 49 hasika translated some comments from Yamamoto from an interview in Japan..

I respect the partnership with Toro Rosso and i have many communication with Tost.We dont want to change the relationship with Toro Rosso.So we are thinking about what the relationship should be with Red Bull.Luckly,they are one group.So i am talking about the all things with Marko.

Aston Martin is a supercar maker,but we also have our NSX.So we had some discussion about team name.But the team name wont change,and i do not care much about it.But,personally i cant accept Honda engine is baged as Tag Heuer.I think Tag Heuer is OK as the team's Sponsor.I dont know how things will go finally at the moment.But its(Aston Martin and Tag Heuer) very clear between me and Marko
The way I read this, it doesnt say they are ok with Aston Martin label on the engine. He specifically says they have an NSX which is a competitor car
He then goes on to specifically says they had discussions about the team name and that the team name wont change and he does not care much about it. Then he gives an example of something he is not fine with and would have to change.

McHonda

HPD wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 13:58

But the tag TAG Heuer as a motor, is not accepted. It is accepted as "sponsor" but not for an engine tag.
Bingo.

McHonda

At the end of the day they know fine well it will be referred to up and down the paddock and commentary teams as Red Bull Honda anyway, we all know it. Sounds like a good compromise to me as no way having the engine rebadged as Tag was going to fly with another engine manufacturer.

ronanharris09

HPD wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 13:58

Could it mean that they are willing to pay the same amount of money TH did to not get rebranded if RB wants Honda to supply them ?

TakataDomeNSX

I wonder if Honda were to offer the same financial incentive it gave McLaren too RB would Aston be needed anymore. Just a huge guess, nothing more.

dren

I don't think Honda will be providing funding to RB.
Honda!

Talisman

If having a rival high end sports car maker name on the car was such a problem Honda would never have done a deal with McLaren in the first place. I’m sure a solution will be found for Aston. A Honda deal would make an Aston PU even less likely than it was before though.

Thunder18

Do Aston Martin need an engine for their hyper car??

dren

Thunder18 wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 17:34
I thought Cosworth was providing a V12?
Honda!

Craigy

dren wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 20:06
Thunder18 wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 17:34
I thought Cosworth was providing a V12?
They are, but that's got nothing to do with Honda F1.

PlatinumZealot

TakataDomeNSX wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 03:30

Thanks!

For me this doesn't confirm that Honda accepts Aston, it's a little ambiguous for my understanding. Team name is Red Bull or Aston Martin Red Bull Racing? It seems he accepts if the team is called Tag Heuer Red Bull Honda Racing, he doesnt specifically say that about Aston, otherwise he would say Aston as a sponsor is OK, so it's up in the air for me.
They didn't have a problem with the other English supercar maker did they? :wink: remember McLaren makes direct competitors to NSX too amd Honda were fine with them.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

techman

personnally i honestly dont mind if they brand the engine tag. because it doesnt really matter. because people will know what the engine is . dont know why honda is worried about this . redbull is instant success for honda. they should do whatever to get this deal

Bill

Rbr has a history of not giving credits to their engine supplier,Honda didn't go through hell spend billions so that Newey and some watch company milk all credit when things eventually go right.they are casual fans how don't understand f1