F1Technical fantasy league 2018 - Proposals

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Dextercitox

Re: F1Technical fantasy league 2018 - Proposals

Joined Fantasy GP too. Good luck every body !

SiLo

The new one looks quite nice! Now just to figure out who to put in...
Felipe Baby!

bauc

Registered !
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

TAG

GeorgeF1OM wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 21:32
A further option would be https://www.zdkf1.com, in case you're not too keen to operate an own fantasy team but only want to submit your prediction for the top 10 finishing positions in race plus pole position.

Just as an FYI we've been running an inter Forum league with ZDKF1, some of the members here already participate.

Hi everyone!

Testing is done, tickets are selling, and everyone is gearing up for the start of the 2018 Formula 1 season!

In lieu of any information on Pob and his return to run the Interforum Legaue, I have offered to continue where we left off last season.
I will use ZDKF1 results after each round to gather data for the following categories:

Interforum League Championship
Each week, the Top 10 players will be assigned points per position. These points will add to their forum's total.
Caveats are:
* Only 2 players per forum in the Top 10
* Equal ZDKF1 points will be split by difference to Pole time. Further ties will be split by Spot On then Top 10. If players have identical results and are the first 2 represnting their forum, a tie for position will be given. If they are fighting for the 2nd representative place, the player who is higher in the ZDKF1 list will be given the place and points.
* Absent results do not count for position.
Defending Champions: F1Forum.org

Interforum Individual Championship
Using the points gained by the Top 10 each round, this will be the total points for the season. Ties on points will be seperated by Wins/Seconds/Thirds.
Defending Champion:Pob (F1 Technical)

Interforum Qualifying Championship
Individual Championship that uses pole times. This year the points will be: 2 points if your guess is within 0.25% and 1 point if within 1%. Additional 1 point for correct polesitter. As per ZDKF1, driver must actually start on pole on Sunday.
Rankings shall be based on total difference to pole time. Absent times WILL be counted in total time.
Defending Champion: Natny (F1Forum.org)

Interforum ZDKF1 Points Championship
Individual Championship that uses actual ZDKF1 points rather than positional points.
Defending Champion: Tazio (Motorsport Forums)

For those wishing to join up, please head on over to ZDKF1 Sign Up and jump on board! Existing players can log in HERE.
A reminder, if you can please go to your profile on the page and ensure your forum tag is at the start of your name, (i.e. f1technical_tag)
and if you can let me know your ZDKF1 nick on this thread, I can make sure nobody is missed.

Good luck to everyone!
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Dogued

Tried to post the interforum info in a new thread, but it was knocked back as being off topic (presumably because I put it in the general chat section as per the previous years when Pob ran it). Have now tried in the Off Topic section.

But yes, the Interforum League will be going again this year, I'll carry on Pob's fine work from previous years.

Just note that the tag for this forum is F1tec so that I can keep track of who is from where.

From previous years (not sure how many are still active, or what thier user name is here), we had the following registered for F1 Technical:
pob, hvs5b, gleippz911, domh245, kiki18, bigmangalhit, sniffit, y_emr3, skitnik, vfc_cipher, szilva, ilikeracing23, yurrita, turbostu, and ClarkBT11.

GeorgeF1OM

GeorgeF1OM wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 21:32
I'd like to offer another option: https://www.f1om.com that should launch next week. I know that because I was able to contribute a bit in its making. :) I am pretty confident it will raise the standards in the field of fantasy managers for F1 but please have a look by yourself.
Dear all,
just glad that Fantasy F1 Online Manager is now online. You’re cordially invited to join, it's only 10 more days till qualifying in Melbourne. Playing is entirely free of charge. Of course you may create a private league for f1technical.net there as well, if you like.
Kind regards, George
Join Fantasy F1 Online Manager and prove your prediction skills for free at f1om.com

Monster Hesh

In case you want another to join. Best on I have been a part of in the past 8 years of playing Fantasy Team.

https://sportsdeck.com/au/f1/dreamteam

Public and private leagues available.
Budget $120m.
Buy 4 drivers, 4 Cars.
Select 1 driver as 'Captain' for double points (Highest driver automatically selected if you forget).
Unlimited trades for the first round, to get your team sorted.
Rounds "lockout" at the start of qualyfing.
Results and round re-open usually the Monday after the race (unless there is an Australian holiday).
Totally of 26 trades available for the season.
2 trade maximum, per round.
Prices begin to fluctuate after the third round. Using the sites formula to calculate the price change, based on recent result and averages.

Osiris

I am running a different F1 fantasy manager league myself.

Might be a little late for some to want to play.

Here is a little summary. 

You get 128M to spend on 4 drivers, constructor, engine and team boss.

There are 6 different ways for drivers to earn points, but depending on driver placement (driver 1 thru driver 4), each driver scores points in only 3 certain ways and they are all different.

The constructors, engine and team boss have their own scoring system from a different set of 6 ways to score points.

I will produce the results after each race.  There will be a medal winner for each race and an overall season points winner.

I can post the full rules/entry post if people are interested.

I like the difference of this fantasy league game.  There is certainly some thinking and strategy to it and the lower/midfield teams have to be considered.

The prices and rules are set such that you can't get LH, SV, KR & DR with a merc car, engine and Toto.

:arrow: PM me if interested and I will send you the rules and entry form.
[-o<

Joe
Last edited by Osiris on 18 Mar 2018, 14:14, edited 2 times in total.

flynfrog

Im in like flyn..............

Monster Hesh

I've created a league for F1Technical on sportsdeck.com if anyone from this community wanted to join.

Follow the link, register and assemble team to join.

https://sportsdeck.com/au/f1/dreamteam/ ... ode=559681

League Name: F1Technical
League Code: 559681

orchman92

looks like F1 will be having a crack at their own one in the future

https://fantasy.formula1.com/

GeorgeF1OM

well, it's about time. Basically every major international sports series runs its own fantasy manager, be it the NFL, MLS, NHA, EPL and so on. Just F1 was missing out there entirely. I'm quite curious if they will really put effort in it to create a decent gameplay adding value to the users or just build something so they can claim they have it finally covered.

BTW, in my fantasy F1 manager the countdown runs out in 8 hours, anyone hopping on before won't miss an opportunity to earn points and prize money ;)
Code to join league F1Technical is 793020cd-a0f6-465b-a049-0c891ce2f826

Cheerio, George
Join Fantasy F1 Online Manager and prove your prediction skills for free at f1om.com