ACTION LAPS: Commentators potentially asked to be quiet for 3 mins so Liberty can play music during the race

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

3jawchuck

Re: ACTION LAPS: Commentators potentially asked to be quiet for 3 mins so Liberty can play music during the race

SiLo wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 18:38
https://twitter.com/Fitcho_/status/976283657076858881

This sounds like a horrible, horrible idea.
Ahh, so this answers my question regarding the length of the jingle.

We have lulls in commentary at times, they're happily filled by the sounds of the racing taking place. Why replace that with a generic piece of soundtrack?

This idea bothers me a lot more than the logo change, the removal of grid girls and the new jingle (when I thought it was just a jingle). This interferes with my enjoyment of the event in a fairly direct way. Stupid idea if this twit is to be believed.
Last edited by 3jawchuck on 21 Mar 2018, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

FrukostScones

Re: ACTION LAPS: Commentators potentially asked to be quiet for 3 mins so Liberty can play music during the race

and they will play DJ Felix Jaehn... :mrgreen:

MUTE button and live timing (but will it show emojis instead? 8) ) for the win.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

dans79

Umm, it's the twitter account of an 18 year old kid with no apparent connections to F1. How can people take this seriously?
197 104 103 7

FrukostScones

dans79 wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 18:55
Umm, it's the twitter account of an 18 year old kid with no apparent connections to F1. How can people take this seriously?
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13455 ... p-revealed
It is understood that other ideas being looked at are improving the sound of engines through a new position of on-board microphones, use of music in the race broadcasts and more regular use of a highlights reel to showcase dramatic moments.
could be well true sadly.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

jjn9128

Isn't this what happens already? Around 5/6 laps into the race they replay the start and first 3/4 corners from about 30 different angles at normal speed and in super slow motion? They just want to play their new music over the top...
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

3jawchuck

jjn9128 wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 19:03
Isn't this what happens already? Around 5/6 laps into the race they replay the start and first 3/4 corners from about 30 different angles at normal speed and in super slow motion? They just want to play their new music over the top...
That would be worse than having a random quiet lap. The start replays often need good commentary over them.

jjn9128

3jawchuck wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 19:34
jjn9128 wrote:
That would be worse than having a random quiet lap. The start replays often need good commentary over them.
True.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Chuckjr

jjn9128 wrote:
They just want to play their new music over the top...
You have to be kidding. Surely they won't do that. That's a ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous idea.
Watching F1 since 1986.

RZS10

they're just 'americanizing' the broadcast (?) ... afaik during indycar (and other sporting events) they just show "what happened so far" reels and go in/out of ad breaks with music

Giblet

More artifical BS.

F1 has always had to make sacrifices, because it is real racing that is broadcast for fans of high end circuit racing.

NASCAR, not to slag it, is American style entertainment that happens to have oval track racing at the core of it.

They are clearly leaning towards the NASCAR style and I am really disappointed.

We have a reddit user that represents F1 asking questions on reddit about what we like, where everyone is about 20 ffs.

Sorry, is long time fans have a better handle on what makes it entertaining. It is not for everyone and never will be.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

SiLo

I'm going to love it if there is a huge battle for the lead just as they get told to be quiet.
Felipe Baby!

basti313

SiLo wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 22:42
I'm going to love it if there is a huge battle for the lead just as they get told to be quiet.
They should always be quiet if there is something interesting happening on the track.

I can not really see something wrong with music instead of lousy comments.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Manoah2u

SiLo wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 18:38
https://twitter.com/Fitcho_/status/976283657076858881

This sounds like a horrible, horrible idea.
are they on drugs over there or what? :wtf:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"