Liberty Media New F1 from 2021

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
KeiKo403

Re: Liberty Media New F1 from 2021

Can I just say this is probably one of the most thought out reg changes in recent history (possibly ever). I for one trust Brawn and his direction for F1 as a sport.

I get that not everyone will like the look of these cars but personally I think it looks stunning, and if it performs inline with Brawns vision/plan then 2021 can't come soon enough for me. Remember that the parent company of Ferrari once signed off on the design of the Fiat Multipla, and people brought it!

The_table

Someone photoshop that picture but change the new concept to a batmobile.

jjn9128

Turns out that the 'concept' is a composite based on a model produced by a graphic designer called Antoinio Paglia (pointed out to me by Vanja #66). Screams of Brawn forgetting he had a presentation and found some images after a quick google :-| .
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

wesley123

The more I look at the concept, the weirder it gets.

The one thing that bothers me most is them saying 'F1 cars need to look cool!!!!11!!1!!', and this concept is just half-arsing it. The issue they have with the concept is that the gen 2 Formula E car shows what a single seater can look like if looks is important in it's design. The concept is just hanging somewhere between F1 and 'Cool car', uncertain how they actually want to shape Formula 1.

Also, the image looks skewed
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

BrunoH

should be shorter cars, front wing between the front wheels, 2 element front wing, have a flatter floor for more ground effect...

also everycar exept the leader should be allowed to use DRS in the straights, all the time, this wold have a knock on effect, as they wold be all close to the front, if car in first and 2 position start to fight , im sure the third 4rd etc wold join in..... also they should be able to have DRS after first lap so the guy in first place does not run away.

they should also after 3 races add Ballast to the top 3 teams, for example ( first place gets extra 10 kilos, second place 7 kilos, third place gets 4 extra kilos ) and after another 3 races tweek in smaller size weights to have more equal performance, add or take less etc... ) it wold also make the other teams closer to the front 3 teams!

this wold all make a lot more close racing.... and its easy and not expensive way to level the field.

Big Tea

KeiKo403 wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 20:48
Can I just say this is probably one of the most thought out reg changes in recent history (possibly ever). I for one trust Brawn and his direction for F1 as a sport.

I get that not everyone will like the look of these cars but personally I think it looks stunning, and if it performs inline with Brawns vision/plan then 2021 can't come soon enough for me. Remember that the parent company of Ferrari once signed off on the design of the Fiat Multipla, and people brought it!
This is a perfect example of how F1 cars SHOULD be designed. A lot of thought went into the Multipla and it was produced to do the best job it possibly could and sacrificed 'cool looks' to do it.

(Yes, in reality it turned out to be a poor car but this was due to build not design)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

RZS10

FrukostScones

Big Tea wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 23:29
KeiKo403 wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 20:48

This is a perfect example of how F1 cars SHOULD be designed. A lot of thought went into the Multipla and it was produced to do the best job it possibly could and sacrificed 'cool looks' to do it.

(Yes, in reality it turned out to be a poor car but this was due to build not design)
A lot of tought and money went into New Coke.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

strad

How does this have anything to do with Liberty Media?? This comes from the F.I.A..
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

djos

jjn9128 wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 20:53
Turns out that the 'concept' is a composite based on a model produced by a graphic designer called Antoinio Paglia (pointed out to me by Vanja #66). Screams of Brawn forgetting he had a presentation and found some images after a quick google :-| .
I don't mind quite a few aspects of the concept, eg 3 element front wing and overall aesthetic. I'm Not a fan of the rear wheel shroud tho.
"In downforce we trust"

FrukostScones

strad wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 03:16
How does this have anything to do with Liberty Media?? This comes from the F.I.A..
If you mean the Brawn presentation of new car rules, qualifying rules, extending calendar etc. your statement is false.

Brawn works for FOG, Liberty. New car proposals etc. Rules to spice up the show are made by FOG Liberty.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/12786 ... berty-role
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13866 ... age-leaked

djos

Personally, I quite like the concepts. That said, I bet the teams will come up with cars that look almost nothing like them. :D
"In downforce we trust"

FrukostScones

the Halo won't work if they put the support so far away from the drivers eyes.

Ridiculous concepts. A1SuperGP.

FrukostScones

And WARNING. Everyone who thinks Liberty,FOG FOM and Brawn know what they are doing update your official F1 live timing APP imediately.
Disclaimer: Dont do it.