Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

You never know, Ocon may ride around at the rear or towards the rear with Williams, however he may just out pace the car and take it to P8 every race with one or two even higher finishes. That in my opinion would just enhance his stock, and if Bottas has another tardy year in relation to Hamilton, Ocon will be in and Bottas will be back to Grove for 2020.

Remember, Paddy Lowe has quite literally told the design team that the 2019 car is a blank sheet of paper, pretty much every component will be new, a new concept and a new design, one rumour that was going around after Williams decided against Mercedes gearboxes was that they could have had for €5m for the season was that they have converted over to the current carbon case with cassette design. It was tested at Hungary successfully and has been in the back of the cars as a Friday gearbox since Spa as well.

I am confident that Williams will improve next year, and if they have Russell and Ocon, this will not only help having the next starlet and the next-next starlet as well. It will also help their sponsorship situation as they have still to plug that €35m hole that Martini gave them, that could be covered easily by two or three of the right sponsors.

I think the battle of the fallen British Greats will be a must watch capsule battle next year with Williams and McLaren.

FrukostScones

NathanOlder wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 21:08
FrukostScones wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 21:01
NathanOlder wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 20:57
Ocon gave Max a pasting in the lower formula's. How do you explain that ?
maybe same means how DIR spanked VET? ; )
Yeah. Put DiResta in the Red Bull from 2010 to 2013 and he's a 4 time champ. Your point being ? :D
Cringe.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

adrianjordan

Another consideration around Hamilton's future is all the other contracts he has outside of F1. Didn't he agree with Merc that he can sign his own sponsorship deals independent of the team?

Would Ferrari be able to allow him that freedom with their Philip Morris arrangement?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jolle

adrianjordan wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 10:50
Another consideration around Hamilton's future is all the other contracts he has outside of F1. Didn't he agree with Merc that he can sign his own sponsorship deals independent of the team?

Would Ferrari be able to allow him that freedom with their Philip Morris arrangement?
If when how etc, when and if Philip Morris wants Hamilton in the Ferrari, a deal will be able to be made (if I recall correctly, drivers have officially a contract with Philip Morris International in Lausanne and not Ferrari)

NathanOlder

Like I said before, If Hamilton ends up a 7 time champion when his current contract ends, Ferrari and Merc will probably offer him the best contract ever seen in sport! He will be that valuable
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Just_a_fan

Hamilton's worth over $200million. I doubt he'll be that bothered about who offers the biggest financial contract - he'll do it, if he does it, to ensure he sets a new title record. It's number in the record books for him now, not numbers in a bank account.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

Oh certainly, I was just mentioning the 2 big teams will almost offer him a blank cheque
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

FrukostScones

OCO really to drive Williams? Who will replace HAM then?

Phil

Hamilton is not going anywhere.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

PlatinumZealot

When you are too good the only way for them to beat you is to dream you stop playing huh? Lol

"Pluheeese Hamilton.. Won't you retire? Retire for meee pleeeaaze with a cherry on top.. :oops:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

NathanOlder

PlatinumZealot wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 01:50
When you are too good the only way for them to beat you is to dream you stop playing huh? Lol

"Pluheeese Hamilton.. Won't you retire? Retire for meee pleeeaaze with a cherry on top.. :oops:
=D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

FrukostScones wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 22:43
You obviously know he is retiring at the end of the year....

Or

Stop with this constant rubbish and wishful thinking pal.

Lewis seems happier that ever and enjoying racing more than ever. He also mentioned that he looks forward to a championship battle with Max. That hasn't happened yet so it looks like Lewis is staying.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

FrukostScones

NathanOlder wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 08:28
FrukostScones wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 22:43
You obviously know he is retiring at the end of the year....

Or

Stop with this constant rubbish and wishful thinking pal.

Lewis seems happier that ever and enjoying racing more than ever. He also mentioned that he looks forward to a championship battle with Max. That hasn't happened yet so it looks like Lewis is staying.
You take this way too seriously.

Just ignore my posts if you cant deal with them.

NathanOlder

That a way of telling me to not take you seriously ?

I wont ignore you, I'm just saying that we get it, you want him to retire, but you dont need to say it every day :P
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

FrukostScones

NathanOlder wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 20:00
That a way of telling me to not take you seriously ?

I wont ignore you, I'm just saying that we get it, you want him to retire, but you dont need to say it every day :P
Oh man, this is the silly season thread, The place to take the outlandish predictions to the next level. I just want to predict the future correctly. I wish for nothing (maybe after predicting :mrgreen: ). But I definitely wish you were not such a VET hater. And if you take everything I predict about HAM retiring whatsover too serious, you should buy some betablockers. (also the HAM poll showed that some a lot people think he could retire sooner than you wish).
I have no problem with HAM and without him F1 would lose definitely a chunk of value, but as I said if you take everything here that I write in th esully season thread too serious it is not fun anymore. This about our passion of F1 and enterainment.

anyway here is my absolutely serious and latest prediction of 2019 grid, HAM included:

Ferrari: VET/LEC !
Mercedes: HAM/BOT !
Red Bull: VES/GAS !
McLaren: SAI/NOR !
Findia: STR/PER !
Sauber: RAI/GIO !
Toro Rosso: KVY/ALB!
Haas: GRO/MAG !
Williams: RUS/SIR/KUB/OCO
Renault: RIC/HUL !