University Research Project

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
sammase

University Research Project

Hi there,

I have been reading posts on this board for a while now but have only just joined. I have a question regarding ideas for my final year project at university and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out. I study Computing and would be looking to work on, improve or solve any technical/software issues in regards to formula one teams. I am an avid fan that has followed the sport for years and my dream is to one day work in a technical role within a team.

However, my technical knowledge around the sport and software is far from expert, which is why I am looking for any form of feedback in regards to potential project ideas. I was thinking along the lines of something related to the error that Mercedes made with Hamilton, Australia 2018 and looking into preventing potential errors like that from happening again. However, I am unsure if this is a feasible idea and would not like to present something as such to my potential supervisors.

Many Thanks, any input would be hugely appreciated,
Sam

keroro.90

Re: University Research Project

Wow...looks cool...but I think depends on you...what part do you prefer more?...like aerodynamics, vehicle dynamics, strategy?...
For each one to these fields there are plenty of possibilities....