Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
johnny vee
3
User avatar
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:03 am

Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by johnny vee » Sat May 26, 2018 9:12 am

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/896841/1/ ... initiative

Formula 1 has announced a new initiative aimed at giving fans the chance to put forward their views and share opinions on the sport, entitled 'F1 Fan Voice'.

"You’ll see members of the F1 Fan Voice Team taking part in the forums and commenting on the blogs too – they’ll be reading what they post, asking opinions, and making sure that everything our fans are telling us is being listened to. We know that no two fans are the same, and so by sharing their views with us, they will help us to do our job – to deliver a sport which appeals to all of our fans.

"As Ross Brawn wrote in his welcome message, 'fans’ thoughts and feedback are more important than anything else within the Formula 1 community. Without the fans, Formula 1 simply would not exist.' For this purpose, F1 Fan Voice is the right place to be."
"Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now." The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

Ringleheim
0
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by Ringleheim » Sat May 26, 2018 10:00 am

Here's my fan voice!

Ditch the turbo/hybrid crap and go back to normal aspiration, with the teams being able to pick any number of cylinders they like but with a fixed displacement.

Replace all Hermann Tilke tracks with good tracks.

Cut 200 kilos out of the bloated weight of the cars.

Allow qualifying engines and constant engine development throughout the season.

Allow mid-season testing as each team sees fit or can afford.

I.E., return F1 to F1! It's all way too close to Indycar these days for my taste!

Thank you!

Just_a_fan
405
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by Just_a_fan » Sat May 26, 2018 10:18 am

For those that don't want to read the article but do want to go to the Fan Voice page, here is the link: https://www.f1fanvoice.com .

Note - you need to register to use the site.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools."

zac510
39
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:58 am

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by zac510 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:25 am

3 speed gearboxes with shift lever on the outside of the chassis.
Solid rubber tyres.
V7 engines.
No fans allowed under the age of 30.

Anyone else who doesn't agree with me is not a true fan.

AJI
33
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:08 am

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by AJI » Sat May 26, 2018 11:14 am

zac510 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:25 am
3 speed gearboxes with shift lever on the outside of the chassis.
Solid rubber tyres.
V7 engines.
No fans allowed under the age of 30.

Anyone else who doesn't agree with me is not a true fan.
Nice!
But can we have 4 speeds, v8s and no fans under 29? I like the solid rubber tyres idea, but can we have pneumatic tracks?

Just_a_fan
405
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by Just_a_fan » Sat May 26, 2018 12:05 pm

I would say just one thing: make F1 free-to-air in all markets. Make your money from sponsors and advertisers. By paywalling the sport you're reducing your audience and thus your future earnings.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools."

Jolle
128
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by Jolle » Sat May 26, 2018 9:41 pm

AJI wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:14 am
zac510 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:25 am
3 speed gearboxes with shift lever on the outside of the chassis.
Solid rubber tyres.
V7 engines.
No fans allowed under the age of 30.

Anyone else who doesn't agree with me is not a true fan.
Nice!
But can we have 4 speeds, v8s and no fans under 29? I like the solid rubber tyres idea, but can we have pneumatic tracks?
and sideburns! good messy sideburns.

How about a return to sheet aluminum chassis? Saves a lot on marshal equipment, just a pair of plyers.

AJI
33
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:08 am

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by AJI » Sun May 27, 2018 12:18 am

Jolle wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 9:41 pm

and sideburns! good messy sideburns.
Image

DiogoBrand
85
User avatar
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 6:02 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by DiogoBrand » Sun May 27, 2018 12:22 am

If we didn't have enough fans sharing what they think F1 should do already... Prepare for the avalanche of topics!

DiogoBrand
85
User avatar
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 6:02 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by DiogoBrand » Sun May 27, 2018 12:24 am

Ringleheim wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:00 am
Here's my fan voice!

Ditch the turbo/hybrid crap and go back to normal aspiration, with the teams being able to pick any number of cylinders they like but with a fixed displacement.

Replace all Hermann Tilke tracks with good tracks.

Cut 200 kilos out of the bloated weight of the cars.

Allow qualifying engines and constant engine development throughout the season.

Allow mid-season testing as each team sees fit or can afford.

I.E., return F1 to F1! It's all way too close to Indycar these days for my taste!

Thank you!
Indy is way more exciting than F1 at the moment, what's the problem with F1 being closer to that? Apart from racing spec cars, I think F1 can ditch its arrogance and learn a few things from Indy.

jz11
35
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by jz11 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:24 am

track side water sprinklers - rain on demand!
0,99EUR SMS voting system - rain/dry

DiogoBrand
85
User avatar
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 6:02 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by DiogoBrand » Sun May 27, 2018 2:46 am

jz11 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:24 am
track side water sprinklers - rain on demand!
0,99EUR SMS voting system - rain/dry
Even better: Doesn't Formula E have fan boost? We could have a vote for our least favorite driver, the one who wins will get water sprayed in front of his car during the entire race.

zac510
39
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:58 am

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by zac510 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:08 am

Jolle wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 9:41 pm
AJI wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:14 am
zac510 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:25 am
3 speed gearboxes with shift lever on the outside of the chassis.
Solid rubber tyres.
V7 engines.
No fans allowed under the age of 30.

Anyone else who doesn't agree with me is not a true fan.
Nice!
But can we have 4 speeds, v8s and no fans under 29? I like the solid rubber tyres idea, but can we have pneumatic tracks?
and sideburns! good messy sideburns.

How about a return to sheet aluminum chassis? Saves a lot on marshal equipment, just a pair of plyers.
Yes, now we're making progress! Drivers must have sideburns, all team principals must wear tweed!

Jolle
128
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by Jolle » Sun May 27, 2018 9:29 am

zac510 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 9:08 am
Jolle wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 9:41 pm
AJI wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:14 am

Nice!
But can we have 4 speeds, v8s and no fans under 29? I like the solid rubber tyres idea, but can we have pneumatic tracks?
and sideburns! good messy sideburns.

How about a return to sheet aluminum chassis? Saves a lot on marshal equipment, just a pair of plyers.
Yes, now we're making progress! Drivers must have sideburns, all team principals must wear tweed!
And cars should be build in a shed no bigger then 100m2

marmer
26
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 am

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by marmer » Mon May 28, 2018 10:19 am

DiogoBrand wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:24 am
Ringleheim wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:00 am
Here's my fan voice!

Ditch the turbo/hybrid crap and go back to normal aspiration, with the teams being able to pick any number of cylinders they like but with a fixed displacement.

Replace all Hermann Tilke tracks with good tracks.

Cut 200 kilos out of the bloated weight of the cars.

Allow qualifying engines and constant engine development throughout the season.

Allow mid-season testing as each team sees fit or can afford.

I.E., return F1 to F1! It's all way too close to Indycar these days for my taste!

Thank you!
Indy is way more exciting than F1 at the moment, what's the problem with F1 being closer to that? Apart from racing spec cars, I think F1 can ditch its arrogance and learn a few things from Indy.
Indy is good i just wish they would make it a world series then it would get much better drivers interested and more fans as currently tv coverage in the uk for example is on bt (small audience, pay extra to have the channel) who only share the american broadcast. while its ok for one race the way Americans commentate is not great for a uk person the term straight away really annoys me lol