Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Thunder
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:50 am
Location: Germany

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by Thunder » Mon May 28, 2018 10:34 am

Ringleheim wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:00 am
Here's my fan voice!

Ditch the turbo/hybrid crap and go back to normal aspiration, with the teams being able to pick any number of cylinders they like but with a fixed displacement.

Replace all Hermann Tilke tracks with good tracks.

Cut 200 kilos out of the bloated weight of the cars.

Allow qualifying engines and constant engine development throughout the season.

Allow mid-season testing as each team sees fit or can afford.

I.E., return F1 to F1! It's all way too close to Indycar these days for my taste!

Thank you!
They ask for Feedback on F1, not how to build a Fantasy racing Series. :wink:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Jolle
129
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by Jolle » Mon May 28, 2018 10:44 am

marmer wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:19 am
DiogoBrand wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:24 am
Ringleheim wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:00 am
Here's my fan voice!

Ditch the turbo/hybrid crap and go back to normal aspiration, with the teams being able to pick any number of cylinders they like but with a fixed displacement.

Replace all Hermann Tilke tracks with good tracks.

Cut 200 kilos out of the bloated weight of the cars.

Allow qualifying engines and constant engine development throughout the season.

Allow mid-season testing as each team sees fit or can afford.

I.E., return F1 to F1! It's all way too close to Indycar these days for my taste!

Thank you!
Indy is way more exciting than F1 at the moment, what's the problem with F1 being closer to that? Apart from racing spec cars, I think F1 can ditch its arrogance and learn a few things from Indy.
Indy is good i just wish they would make it a world series then it would get much better drivers interested and more fans as currently tv coverage in the uk for example is on bt (small audience, pay extra to have the channel) who only share the american broadcast. while its ok for one race the way Americans commentate is not great for a uk person the term straight away really annoys me lol
They tried that, but somehow Europe isn't interested in another spec racing series with drivers that didn't make it to/didn't succeed in F1.

alesifan
3
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by alesifan » Wed May 30, 2018 5:20 am

A recent Autosport survey suggests F1 fans have 'voiced' their opinion about the current state of F1; https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting the 1994 Benetton/Schumacher cheating allegations & politics

Website; www.1994f1.com

DiogoBrand
86
User avatar
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 6:02 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by DiogoBrand » Wed May 30, 2018 7:11 am

alesifan wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:20 am
A recent Autosport survey suggests F1 fans have 'voiced' their opinion about the current state of F1; https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
What a big lump of manure. 10/15 years ago everyone already complained that there wasn't overtaking and excitement in Formula 1 anymore, and now it's the second most popular decade in history.
Give it 20 more years and I'm guessing the 2010's will be everyone's favorite decade in F1.
With stuff like that it's hard not to think that every F1 fan lives with their rose tinted glasses on.

Just_a_fan
409
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by Just_a_fan » Wed May 30, 2018 7:31 am

It's just an indication of the age of the survey respondents, nothing more.

With the increasing move to F1 behind paywalls, future fans sre reliant on their parents having the right paywall. For the last 20 years, a kid could just turn on and watch. Now they need their patents to pay to watch it. If the parents don't already follow F1, they're unlikely to pay just for junior to try F1.

F1 has cut off its future fans before they've even had a chance to get interested.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools."

Ringleheim
0
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by Ringleheim » Thu May 31, 2018 7:30 am

Thunder wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:34 am
Ringleheim wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:00 am
Here's my fan voice!

Ditch the turbo/hybrid crap and go back to normal aspiration, with the teams being able to pick any number of cylinders they like but with a fixed displacement.

Replace all Hermann Tilke tracks with good tracks.

Cut 200 kilos out of the bloated weight of the cars.

Allow qualifying engines and constant engine development throughout the season.

Allow mid-season testing as each team sees fit or can afford.

I.E., return F1 to F1! It's all way too close to Indycar these days for my taste!

Thank you!
They ask for Feedback on F1, not how to build a Fantasy racing Series. :wink:
Most of my comments do pertain to the current state of F1.

Wrong engines, wrong rules governing engine development and testing prohibition, etc...

Giving a team 3 engines to last all season long in a 21 race year is about as far away from the spirit of F1 as you can get.

Engines lasting 3 laps for 15 extra bhp in qualy is what F1 is all about.

zac510
39
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:58 am

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by zac510 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:53 am

Ask 100 different fans "what F1 is all about" and you'll get 100 different replies.

adrianjordan
48
User avatar
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am
Location: West Yorkshire, England

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by adrianjordan » Thu May 31, 2018 4:26 pm

Ringleheim wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 7:30 am
Thunder wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:34 am
Ringleheim wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:00 am
Here's my fan voice!

Ditch the turbo/hybrid crap and go back to normal aspiration, with the teams being able to pick any number of cylinders they like but with a fixed displacement.

Replace all Hermann Tilke tracks with good tracks.

Cut 200 kilos out of the bloated weight of the cars.

Allow qualifying engines and constant engine development throughout the season.

Allow mid-season testing as each team sees fit or can afford.

I.E., return F1 to F1! It's all way too close to Indycar these days for my taste!

Thank you!
They ask for Feedback on F1, not how to build a Fantasy racing Series. :wink:
Most of my comments do pertain to the current state of F1.

Wrong engines, wrong rules governing engine development and testing prohibition, etc...

Giving a team 3 engines to last all season long in a 21 race year is about as far away from the spirit of F1 as you can get.

Engines lasting 3 laps for 15 extra bhp in qualy is what F1 is all about.
In YOUR opinion...!!
In 2007 I had the chance to go to a meet-and-greet with an F1 test driver. I decided not to as I didn't think he'd even amount to much...he was the BMW Sauber test driver and his name was Sebastian Vettel...

adrianjordan
48
User avatar
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am
Location: West Yorkshire, England

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by adrianjordan » Thu May 31, 2018 4:43 pm

My word that forum is like all the worst parts of this place with none of the good bits...
In 2007 I had the chance to go to a meet-and-greet with an F1 test driver. I decided not to as I didn't think he'd even amount to much...he was the BMW Sauber test driver and his name was Sebastian Vettel...

oT v1
0
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by oT v1 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:56 pm

DiogoBrand wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:11 am

What a big lump of manure. 10/15 years ago everyone already complained that there wasn't overtaking and excitement in Formula 1 anymore, and now it's the second most popular decade in history.
Give it 20 more years and I'm guessing the 2010's will be everyone's favorite decade in F1.
With stuff like that it's hard not to think that every F1 fan lives with their rose tinted glasses on.
I thought 09/10/11(not so much with EBD, but it made for fascinating visual battle in design concepts) and 2012 were great seasons :)

2010 especially!

Re the topic...DRS style machine gun activation!
The Power of Dreams

coaster
-8
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:10 am

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by coaster » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:15 am

Hated it at first, but now i realise they got it so right, 950hp, no refuel, 1.6t v6, capped oversquare, history will look kindly at the upheaval they went through.
Yours truly,
Wolsy Esquire.

nevill3
23
User avatar
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:31 pm
Location: Monaco

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by nevill3 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:24 am

Just let the teams race, do whatever they like with whatever engine chassis aero the drivers can handle. Maybe put a cap on an overall budget or share the winnings more evenly across the entire field.

The rewards should not be about the prize fund but more the prestige of building and running the BEST car that year.
Reduce the prize fund so that the whole season is broadcast Free to Air to all countries, the sponsors would fill in the shortfall.
Reduce the exorbitant fees charged to the circuits who could then reduce the entry fees at the gates so more fans could watch trackside. Better for the advertisers/sponsors again.
Open up the online access to view the races to all countries, the fees they charged this year were OK but only available to countries who do not have a TV Paywall deal in place.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

PlatinumZealot
337
User avatar
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 am

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by PlatinumZealot » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:41 am

Bananas. We need bananas! Did i mention blue shells?
"The true champions are also great men. They are capable of making difficult decisions, of admitting their mistakes and of pushing harder than before when they get up from a fall."

- Ferrari chairman Sergio Marchionne

dans79
172
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by dans79 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:39 am

This is how we know that F1 is truly doomed. The last thing they should be doing is listening to your average fan!

Big Tea
49
User avatar
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post by Big Tea » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:15 pm

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:41 am
Bananas. We need bananas! Did i mention blue shells?

And Gold coins, must have gold coins with jingling sounds and stars.
One test is worth a thousand expert opinions