Michael Schumacher

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Unf

Re: Michael Schumacher

Tell the truth. If Schumacher would be in good condition, like being able to talk etc. then we would know that long time ago. If everything about him is marked as secret - that means he's really bad condition, it's quite simple.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Ringleheim wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 12:37
I have been a critic of the way Schumi's family has handled his injury from the very beginning.

All they need to do is release a brief statement commenting on his condition, and repeating that they want privacy in the matter and that the public should not expect to hear more.

BUT TELL US THE CONDITION! The fans want to know.

I suspect he is in something of a vegetative state. If he is conscious, I highly doubt he can move very much, walk, feed himself, etc.

Fans have always wanted to believe that he would heal fully or substantially since the moment of the accident, but doctors in the relevant area say that is almost certainly never going to happen.

I hate to say it, but the next time we hear a substantial piece of news about Schumi, coming from the family, will be when they announce his death.

People in this sort of condition do not live long lives.
and once again i'll reply as i can tell first-hand experience from a nearly identical situation.

nobody is entitled to ANYTHING.

it is private matter and that is what it is. out of respect for the individual, leave it be.
it's their right to keep it private, we have no right to demand or even want information.

It is such a troublesome, painful and problematic situation that it is best to keep quiet,
especially to honor the person that was before the incident, not the literally damaged person
that came after. Nobody deserves such an aftermath and it would harm, dishonor and hurt the individual
if people really knew it's physical (especially mental) state, let alone a photo come out.

I have had huge clashes with my sister as she had the nerve to post a photo of my father after the accident,
in all his sorrowed and troubled expression, publicly, on a social media page. It is depraving and disrespectful
to do such a thing and i can honestly tell you, i am still annoyed by it.
There's one thing of sharing what happened and the effects, but it's a whole thing together to actually give
a literal picture. Therefor i honestly hope no picture EVER will come out of post-accident Schumi.

I'll repeat once again shortly the important facts, and how i can guarantee things are similar, with the only
benefit Schumacher had was that he has more financial space to be 'privilidged' with absolute top medical
treatments. still, it seems, the outcome is the same, well, it actually seems worse for Schumacher.
Schumacher hit his head against a rock during skiing and it damaged his skull paired to the shock causing
brain concussion and swelling, damaging the tissue.
My father fell from about 5 meters and hit hit his head on a huge cast-iron flower pot head-first, no protection.
Schumacher was in Coma and the outcome from reports indicate he can't walk and if able to communicate, is
hard. My father was in Coma and woken up at some point but has extensive brain damage due to the impact causing
damage to the brain tissue. It took hard effort and fighting to have my father walk again, with help on a little cartwheel. it took time to be able to communicate coherently but it always remaind troublesome and clearly somebody with extensive brain damage.
the clear, painful, undeniable, and inhuman truth is that it was clear my father was locked inside a damaged head.
and though he couldn't understand exactly what was happening, where he was and why he couldn't go home,
it was very obvious that he knew he had brain damage and the state he was in.

it took 3 painful years before for still some unclear reason his physical condition suddenly worsened - i personally believe he had cancer and it hit a critical point - and he rapidly faded into a thoroughly worse physical condition and i had him literally dying in my arms.

now, again, what has this to do with Schumacher?
His condition in some regards must have been worse as reports indicated he cried when looking outside,
he was in a wheelchair, and no reports of communication [speech] or real conciousness have been ever mentioned.
the family has been severly protective of his situation and made more than one legal matter of supposed news breaking out.

and now, all of a sudden, a news article that never has been ever confirmed by the family, suggesting schumacher went to a hospital for a certain treatment, which turns out a stemcell treatment which has been mentioned as very risky, and it supposedly is about Schumacher.

IF it indeed is true, and it is about Schumacher, it just goes to show how bad and hopeless his situation must have been, as this is first and foremost an experimental and risky treatment. It is a 'last effot' hope treatment of which there is hope it might improve his condition. Honest to god, i hope it does, i really do, but i don't believe it much.

It also goes to show that his life quality must have been so bad (like my father had) that it is decided this surgery needed to happen. That means the family nor micheal himself had peace with the situation. Again,
just goes to show the life quality that was going on.

Because i can guarantee this: if Schumacher REALLY was conciouss in a manner which life can be enjoyed,
able to have a 'real' conversation, able to enjoy life despite the physical/mental handicap he must be in,
then there is absolutely no way he would risk such a treatment. It's not just a foot injury.

What surprises me the most about the reports is that Schumacher supposedly is 'fully concious' about all this.
It goes in completely against any report there has ever been about Michael's condition, as it almost paints a picture of Schumacher 'simply' being handicapped physically, and not mentally, which is by no means at all true. He is, very much, mentally handicapped due to the injury. We're not talking somebody with down syndrome, but we are talking about a person which brain has been damaged. Imagine it a car forced to keep going with it's engine only running on 1 cylinder and the block being torn apart and essentially the rest of the engine gone.
Hell, even the reports of his supposed 'transport' indicate that he is by no means in any positive condition.
He supposedly has been transported in an ambulance on a brancard which had been covered completely,
as if he was a deceased person. not a man in a wheelchair, not a man in a covered wheelchair, but a man strapped to a brancard which has been covered.

has stem cell treatment been cause for positve outcomes? sure, in certain cases yes.
but by god people please do not imagine a Family-Guy like situation where a brain-damaged peter walks into a stem cell facility and then walks out like nothing ever happened.

What happened happened, and no amount of brain surgery has been able to get Schumacher in a acceptable state. That is the harsh truth. If it would be any other way, we'd have had reports of Schumacher long ago. Even if he'd be in a wheelchair a-la Frank Williams, and with more physical difficulties, i am confident that Schumacher himself would have made a statement and a wave to the world. It is thus clear that he is in a troublesome state. This surgery as such can only mean that this has been 'forced' upon him. He has no will, as i can speak of experience that you have to sign a paper that people in such a state will have their will moved to a representative, a family mamber or somebody else capable. Either way, this then is something forced upon and essentially a final-ditch effort.

I'm very sorry to paint such a negative picture, but the truth is that it's not a movie scene situation. People should stop expecting anything at all. People need to learn to move on.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Ringleheim wrote:

It's no one's business but the family's and his medical team. They owe random strangers on the internet nothing.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ian_s

Manoah2u wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 14:21
(snipped)
Regarding Schumacher, you are spot on. Leave him and his family alone, don't demand anything from them.
Regarding your Father, thank you for sharing when you really don't have to. I lost my wifes parents in the last couple of years from cancer, and we were careful to only share photos of them when they were having a good day, so their friends and relatives only saw them at their best

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

ian_s wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 14:38
Manoah2u wrote:
(snipped)
Regarding Schumacher, you are spot on. Leave him and his family alone, don't demand anything from them.
Regarding your Father, thank you for sharing when you really don't have to. I lost my wifes parents in the last couple of years from cancer, and we were careful to only share photos of them when they were having a good day, so their friends and relatives only saw them at their best
This.

You want to leave a positive legacy.

I don't get these people, imagine yourself. 'We' (in general) try to post the best, filtered, processed 'selfies' all over the webs, through instagram, twitter, facebook, etc etc, or entire selfrighteous videos on youtube, etcetera, to look at our very very best, and show the best version of ourself we can be, to have people 'admire' or 'respect' or atleast 'acknowledge' who we are and what we do, but then, we demand information and see the absolute worst of people?
HELL NO.

I have huge respect for Schumacher's family and the way the are approaching this. That takes a whole lot of effort, a toll, and huge amounts of criticism aswell. BUT, they're in their right to do so and it is honestly the RIGHT thing to do.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Big Tea

Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 14:29
Ringleheim wrote:

It's no one's business but the family's and his medical team. They owe random strangers on the internet nothing.
I quite agree with this, but would really like to know if there was improvement, even though it would of course trespass on the condition. I understand the news block, its just that in this case it does not seem to be no news is good news.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

santos
santos

Michael Schumacher made me happy many weekends… As fan, all i just can do, is to wish him the best recovery possible. The family doesn't owe nothing to the fans. They have right to privacy.

Sieper

Thanks everybody for the posts lately. Couldn't agree more and unfortunately also for me a recognizable scenario.

NathanOlder

People just want to know, because we all want to hear that he's on the mend. every case is different and miracles can happen.

All the reports about him being conscious may well be fake, but so can a lot of the reports saying he is in a bad state and unable to do anything for himself.

I truly believe he is moving in the right direction, nearly 6yrs of this, if there were no hope, the family would see this and do what is best. There is obviously hope, the fans would just love to know how much hope. Yes the fans dont have the right to know, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with them wanting to know.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Wass85
Wass85

You have to think if he was alert and coherent he would have likely been spotted out somewhere by now. He's more than likely in a similar state to Eddie Kidd if not worse as Kidd had made appearances in this space of time.

NathanOlder

Wass85 wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 20:09
You have to think if he was alert and coherent he would have likely been spotted out somewhere by now. He's more than likely in a similar state to Eddie Kidd if not worse as Kidd had made appearances in this space of time.
Well he's been to plenty of hospitals now, all around Europe, yet never spotted. So it's not impossible that he's alert and coherent.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

strad

@Manoah2u,,,Plus 1. Right On!!!!
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

adrianjordan

Wass85 wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 20:09
Moreover I am convinced that, were he able to, he would have done an interview or something. Private as he was at times, Michael always appreciated his fans and I believe would want them to know that he was making a recovery of sorts.

From the medical knowledge I have, I hold no hope at this stage of ever getting any good news about Michael. Sad as it is, once the brain is seriously damaged, there is often little hope of recovery.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

Manoah2u wrote:
I could not agree with you MORE if I tried.

So sorry to read that story about your father, thank you for sharing that.

Very much in line with the advice I give family and friends of patients I treat at work. Remember the person that patient was, not who they are in the their last hours and days.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

jimclark

Simply, verrry simply, put......

Mind your own business!!!
"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark