Kimi to Sauber and Charles to Ferrari

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ironrose
ironrose

Kimi to Sauber and Charles to Ferrari

Schuttelberg

Re: Kimi to Sauber and Charles to Ferrari

I get what Charles is doing but it's beyond me to understand the motivation behind Kimi's move.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

marvin78
marvin78

Some people just have fun on their job. I for one don't understand why a friend of mine has so much fun in being a lawyer, but he really has. So...

wesley123
wesley123

Although I do not get any part of Raikkonen moving to Sauber there is something poetic about ending your career with the team where it all began.
Schuttelberg wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 10:49
I get what Charles is doing but it's beyond me to understand the motivation behind Kimi's move.
Agreed, there are so many youngsters around that the sole reason that I can think of with the move is that Raikkonen still has some sort of contract with Ferrari
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

WaikeCU

Schuttelberg wrote:
If the shares rumour are true, then he's a shareholder within the team he's driving, which is also a b-team of Ferrari, which means he also bought his way into a 1st driver status within the team Sauber and he then is a partner of Ferrari. Fact is that Sauber will get parts that were on the Ferrari this year (or even next year), then Kimi think he could very well be competitive for next season, because he knows what is on the Ferrari this year and what potential it has for next season.

Schuttelberg

marvin78 wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 10:52
Some people just have fun on their job. I for one don't understand why a friend of mine has so much fun in being a lawyer, but he really has. So...
He has a very young family and he has had his moment. The whole world knows Sauber won't win jack. I'm just worried for him.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Schuttelberg

WaikeCU wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 10:57
Schuttelberg wrote:
If the shares rumour are true, then he's a shareholder within the team he's driving, which is also a b-team of Ferrari, which means he also bought his way into a 1st driver status within the team Sauber and he then is a partner of Ferrari. Fact is that Sauber will get parts that were on the Ferrari this year (or even next year), then Kimi think he could very well be competitive for next season, because he knows what is on the Ferrari this year and what potential it has for next season.
It still won't be beating the Ferrari.

Big Tea

Schuttelberg wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 10:58
marvin78 wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 10:52
He has a very young family and he has had his moment. The whole world knows Sauber won't win jack. I'm just worried for him.
Why? He has more or less retired, he is just having fun now. Can you imagine how different this will be to driving at Ferrari?

Its like a professional football player just having a kick around with the boys.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

FrukostScones

He should be allowed to race for Sauber in a Ferrari suit.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

It's all about that 2 year deal. Kimi's manager has always, in my opinion been excellent at negotiating on his behalf.

It makes no sense from the ideological perspective of a champion trying to preserve a legacy, but it makes good sense from a remunerative perspective. And if he finds enjoyment driving the car without a chance of winning, that's his decision to make.

He'll be at least 41 before he retires!

WaikeCU

FrukostScones wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:01
Ferrari uses b-team Sauber as a workaround to line up 4 cars on the grid? So 2 official Ferrari's and 2 Ferrari's running under a different identity 'Alfa Romeo'?

garygph
garygph

Is there a deal that if Charles struggles Kimi is available to swop back? That way they have an insurance if their gamble on a youngster does not pan out as hoped?

Also will there be an increase in budget etc. with a bigger push for it to be a "works" Alfa Romeo team and Kimi has stated that he enjoys the developing of a car. So being there he has some fun with a growing team and is in the best place if Charles fails during the season.

FrukostScones

WaikeCU wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:07
FrukostScones wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:01
Ferrari uses b-team Sauber as a workaround to line up 4 cars on the grid? So 2 official Ferrari's and 2 Ferrari's running under a different identity 'Alfa Romeo'?
No, it is 6x Ferrari cars 2019

And none is driven by ALO :lol:

But he can open a bottle when VET will falter against LEC in 2019.
Last edited by FrukostScones on 11 Sep 2018, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Time to watch Sauber's Youtube/Instagram/Facebook/Twitter subscriber numbers.

WaikeCU

garygph wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:08
Is there a deal that if Charles struggles Kimi is available to swop back? That way they have an insurance if their gamble on a youngster does not pan out as hoped?

Also will there be an increase in budget etc. with a bigger push for it to be a "works" Alfa Romeo team and Kimi has stated that he enjoys the developing of a car. So being there he has some fun with a growing team and is in the best place if Charles fails during the season.
Sorry, but this isn't Red Bull and there's no Dr. Marko in this picture. :P