Will Schumacher's Race Win and WDC records be broken?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Are Schumacher's WDC and Win records under threat of being eclipsed?

Will the 7 WDC record be broken?
3%
Will the 91 Victory record be broken?
26%
Neither record will be broken.
12%
Both records will be broken.
59%

Total votes: 172

Wass85

Re: Will Schumacher's Race Win and WDC records be broken?

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:01
They both won pretty much everything they went in for. So both very impressive.
You will know than me but didn't Max compete at a higher level and achieve more in karting?

Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 11:59
Back on topic maybe now thats cleared up.

As for Schumachers records, when do we think the wins will fall, I think Sochi will be a Bottas win, so I feel Hamilton winning in Germany and Portugal will be when it happens.
I hope he breaks it at Germany because I couldn't think of a more uninspiring place than Sochi.

Just_a_fan

Wass85 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:03
NathanOlder wrote:

As for Schumachers records, when do we think the wins will fall, I think Sochi will be a Bottas win, so I feel Hamilton winning in Germany and Portugal will be when it happens.
I hope he breaks it at Germany because I couldn't think of a more uninspiring place than Sochi.
He can't beat it in Sochi, he can only match it. He needs to win in Sochi to take the record in Germany.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Wass85

Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:14
Wass85 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

He can't beat it in Sochi, he can only match it. He needs to win in Sochi to take the record in Germany.
That's good then, winning in Germany would be nice for him.

Just_a_fan

Wass85 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:16
Just_a_fan wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

Taking the record from Michael in his own country has a nice feel to it. Seems apt to me.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

Wass85 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:02
NathanOlder wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:01
They both won pretty much everything they went in for. So both very impressive.
You will know than me but didn't Max compete at a higher level and achieve more in karting?
Pretty sure they both won the top European Championship.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Moore77

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 11:53
Moore77 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 11:16
NathanOlder wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 11:03

It was Volkeswagen not Opel, and the guy that finished 2nd in the championship (ahead of Max) had that same underpowered VW engine you speak about. Try another excuse maybe ?
The point is the same for both guys. Volkswagen wasn't up to mark with Mercedes and required good driving skills to put where it belonged. Hamilton, despite having Mercedes engine at the back of both cars that he drove, could make impact only when he got the dominating machine. In 2004, Hamilton didn't finish as the best rookie, it was Frank Perera. Despite being in prema powered by Opel, Frank Perera improved from 8th in 2004 to 4th in 2005.
What ? In 2004 Hamilton was the highest placed 'rookie' in P5 (he never did any Euro F3 faces before) but didnt get the rookie cup because he competed in 2 British F3 races the year before. He then moved to Euro F3 and in his debut season finished P5 ahead of Perera who was P8 in that year. In 2005, Lewis won the championship winning 15 out of 20 races, Perera finished 4th with 0 wins.

Max finished P3, behind a car with the same engine, and behind another rookie.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Fo ... uro_Series

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FI ... ampionship
Last edited by Moore77 on 17 Sep 2020, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Wass85

Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:17
Wass85 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Taking the record from Michael in his own country has a nice feel to it. Seems apt to me.
Just a shame that it's going to be understated because of this virus, I hope to see some emotion from the man.

NathanOlder

Moore77 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:34
NathanOlder wrote:
Moore77 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 11:16
The point is the same for both guys. Volkswagen wasn't up to mark with Mercedes and required good driving skills to put where it belonged. Hamilton, despite having Mercedes engine at the back of both cars that he drove, could make impact only when he got the dominating machine. In 2004, Hamilton didn't finish as the best rookie, it was Frank Perera. Despite being in prema powered by Opel, Frank Perera improved from 8th in 2004 to 4th in 2005.
What ? In 2004 Hamilton was the highest placed 'rookie' in P5 (he never did any Euro F3 faces before) but didnt get the rookie cup because he competed in 2 British F3 races the year before. He then moved to Euro F3 and in his debut season finished P5 ahead of Perera who was P8 in that year. In 2005, Lewis won the championship winning 15 out of 20 races, Perera finished 4th with 0 wins.

https://i.imgur.com/RMszJey.jpg

Please read my post, It clearly states the fact that it was Hamiltons first go in the Euro F3 championship. He was taken out of the Rookie Cup because he did 2 races the year before in the British F3 championship. Hamilton was still a rookie in the European F3 Championship.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Moore77

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:39
Moore77 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:34
NathanOlder wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/RMszJey.jpg

Please read my post, It clearly states the fact that it was Hamiltons first go in the Euro F3 championship. He was taken out of the Rookie Cup because he did 2 races the year before in the British F3 championship. Hamilton was still a rookie in the European F3 Championship.
That's the point, it wasn't his first go in F3 category and he succeeded in 3rd attempt. Whereas Max was a hit in first attempt.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

NathanOlder

Wass85 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:35
Just_a_fan wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

Just a shame that it's going to be understated because of this virus, I hope to see some emotion from the man.
Understated by ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

Moore77 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:40
NathanOlder wrote:
That's the point, it wasn't his first go in F3 category and he succeeded in 3rd attempt. Whereas Max was a hit in first attempt.
:lol: 3rd attempt, your a funny chap. a Rookie is someone who is new to the job. 2004 was the first time Lewis ever competed in the European F3 championship. He was a rookie. He just didnt qualify for the Rookie Cup under the rules as he had 2 races in a national cup the year before.

Either way, Lewis won the championship, Max did not. And please dont use VW as an excuse, Max wasnt even the top VW driver, so give up with this BS. Max cant save your Schumacher records, Lewis is about to smash them. Just take it on the chin and get on with it.

Hamilton is going to raise the bar, maybe this thread should be renamed 'How high will the bar be raised"
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:41
Wass85 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:35
Just_a_fan wrote:

Understated by ?
Have a think about it, the clue is in my post.

Jolle

Yeah... and and... Vertappen didn’t even win a race in his second year of car racing! A disgrace that he is on the grid. Hamilton is the only one to smash RC cars. Anyway, it’s all because Alonso hasn’t got a fair chance.

Go forum!

Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:46
Moore77 wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 12:40
NathanOlder wrote:

:lol: 3rd attempt, your a funny chap. a Rookie is someone who is new to the job. 2004 was the first time Lewis ever competed in the European F3 championship. He was a rookie. He just didnt qualify for the Rookie Cup under the rules as he had 2 races in a national cup the year before.

Either way, Lewis won the championship, Max did not. And please dont use VW as an excuse, Max wasnt even the top VW driver, so give up with this BS. Max cant save your Schumacher records, Lewis is about to smash them. Just take it on the chin and get on with it.

Hamilton is going to raise the bar, maybe this thread should be renamed 'How high will the bar be raised"
Hamilton's teammate finished 2nd when he won the F3 title, his teammate also finished 3rd when he won the GP2 title. Let's just agree that it's obvious that he's been in the best teams for the majority of his career.