Livery thread 18/19 edition

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
BassTrombone
BassTrombone

Re: Livery thread 18/19 edition

My own take on all of the 2019 liveries... Template comes from internationalmotorsportgraphics.com, where I also originally posted this.

Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport
Tried to keep this one really minimalist and simple. Big logos and big, divided colour areas instead of the gradients they used in the last few years.

Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow
Of course, a Ferrari looks like a Ferrari. I did try something slightly different with the Mission Winnow logos, incorporating an Italian flag in them.

Aston Martin Red Bull Racing
Honda's red can mix quite nicely with the Red Bull colour scheme and I also tried to give Aston Martin a bit more "own space". They are the title sponsor, after all.

Renault F1 Team
Probably with their best driver line-up since the Alonso days, I thought it would be nice to inspire the livery on those glory years. And just as I said last year, yellow, black and white go so nicely together that you almost cannot mess up with this colour scheme. At least, that's what I think...

Rich Energy Haas F1 Team
Haas will definitely change its look with the arrival of Rich Energy. At least I tried to avoid copying the JPS Lotus, or the PDVSA Lotus liveries and went for an own identity.

McLaren F1 Team
If Ferrari can still hint to Marlboro logos, then why can't McLaren? I used the "censored" non-tobacco Marlboro logos from the 1980s to create gradients. Also, I was not the biggest fan of the blue and McLaren themselves also did not use it on the MCLextreme concept, so I went for their corporate dark grey as secondary colour.

Racing Point F1 Team
BWT will stay on and SportPesa is rumored to be a big secondary sponsor, making the car pink and blue in 2019. Just like last year, the car will feature a lot of sponsors and I tried to create a little separate place for each one of them.

Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team
Last year, it looked a bit like Alfa Romeo only went half the way with the livery. For 2019, I'd love to see them go all the way and I made a very retro-feeling proposal for it.

Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda
You just can't beat Toro Rosso's livery design of the last two years. I have made a couple of tweaks and tried to play with the bull on the airbox. Also, I could imagine that Honda likes a bit more red in the livery, which I tried to incorporate.

Williams Racing
Williams always had simple, effective liveries and that is exactly what I was going for with this 2003-2005 inspired livery. It incorporates a lot of Williams' blue and white, with some Orlen red accents.

Blackout

I like the Ferrari and the Alfa.
Most of them are cool actually.

gibells
gibells

After their blatant attempts at inducing salivation, I'm interested to see how McLaren can combine copper with pawpaw. Only about 2 weeks to go for the reveals to start. [-o<

NathanOlder

2 weeks :?: :idea:

The first current scheduled launch is on the 11th Feb, and that day is 11 days, 11hrs , 18 minutes away =P~

not counting though \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

And here's to hoping WIlliams do the usual unannounced early first car launch on the friday (8th) before [-o<
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Starscreamer

@BassTrombone
Wow love your Williams Racing, Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team & Racing Point F1 Team design =D>
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

KingHamilton01

I think the haas livery with the black and Gold will be the most striking on the grid unless Red Bull or another team top that combination.
McLaren Mercedes

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

daym that's nice.
it actually reminds me of the old footwork liveries of 1995. that's absolutely fantastic work right there.

same with the Williams.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jolle
Jolle

Although some of the Williams’ paint jobs look stunning, I don’t think Mercedes would like the use of M-Motorsport colors on their sister team :P

raksf1
raksf1

loved all livery

NathanOlder

Jolle wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 01:20
Although some of the Williams’ paint jobs look stunning, I don’t think Mercedes would like the use of M-Motorsport colors on their sister team :P
Good point, It would look even better if it had the M badges on it, and a BMW badge :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

FW17

would love a simple livery

BassVirolla

FW17 wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 11:44
would love a simple livery

https://i.imgur.com/MjsrziE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KJvdJfk.jpg
These two are shouting "Williams" with no doubt. Great job.

Nonserviam85
Nonserviam85

The Alfa Romeo one is amazing, bring back the 155DTM magic please!!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

no, not mine at all. i picked them up from various artists.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"