I visited the Mercedes HQ in Brackley for the day and had a tour of the factory! (Lots of pics included)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Cold Fussion

Re: I visited the Mercedes HQ in Brackley for the day and had a tour of the factory! (Lots of pics included)

One of the captions says they run the engines at 800 degrees; surely this is an error?

SiLo

Re: I visited the Mercedes HQ in Brackley for the day and had a tour of the factory! (Lots of pics included)

Cold Fussion wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 17:34
One of the captions says they run the engines at 800 degrees; surely this is an error?
That was what the guy told me. He said if they try and run them cooler the increase in engine performance isnt enough to overcome the increased drag required for greater cooling.
Felipe Baby!

Mandrake

Love the pictures, but those Dyson Taps are frequently used in Mc Donalds here in Germany, which I think is far away from engineering superiority of Mercedes GP ;) They are weird to use for the first time but every time after that very intuitive and easy to use. I like them