Events Alonso should enter ...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DiogoBrand

Re: Events Alonso should enter ...

McG wrote:
26 Mar 2019, 04:43
He should try GT3. Maybe drive the 720S.
GT3 would be a huge downgrade for a driver of his level.

FW17

McG

DiogoBrand wrote:
26 Mar 2019, 05:38
McG wrote:
Lol right. And Le Mans was such a great event.

Alonso would find it extremely difficult in GT3, especially the Blancpain championship. Easily more competitive than Le Mans and Indycar.

Or haven't you watched much GT3.
F1 is dead.

DiogoBrand

McG wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 04:21
DiogoBrand wrote:
McG wrote:

Alonso would find it extremely difficult in GT3, especially the Blancpain championship. Easily more competitive than Le Mans and Indycar.

I do watch GT3, and since it was originally created for amateur drivers, and even to this day is made up of a lot of not-so-good drivers, I think it would be a downgrade for him. Perhaps the most iconic races like Bathurst 12 hours, N24 and Spa 24 hours would suit a driver of his caliber, but not many events beyond that.

void

For 2020 my birthday party :lol: :lol: :lol:

McG

DiogoBrand wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 04:46
McG wrote:
DiogoBrand wrote:

I do watch GT3, and since it was originally created for amateur drivers, and even to this day is made up of a lot of not-so-good drivers, I think it would be a downgrade for him. Perhaps the most iconic races like Bathurst 12 hours, N24 and Spa 24 hours would suit a driver of his caliber, but not many events beyond that.
Make up your mind.

You can't just pick a few. Most if not all the races in Blancpain including the sprint races are of a very high level.

Now if you could stop being so arrogant on Alonso's behalf.
F1 is dead.

DiogoBrand

McG wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 21:20
DiogoBrand wrote:
McG wrote:

Make up your mind.

You can't just pick a few. Most if not all the races in Blancpain including the sprint races are of a very high level.

Excuse me for thinking that a Formula One double world champion that's just retired as one of the fastest drivers of the sport wouldn't want to drive a shared GT3 car for half an hour around Misano on a 22 car race where half of those cars are not even driven exclusively by pros. But I guess not everyone must agree with your opinion.

BassVirolla

He's testing for Dakar with Toyota.

McG

DiogoBrand wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 22:14
McG wrote:
DiogoBrand wrote:

Make up your mind.

Excuse me for thinking that a Formula One double world champion that's just retired as one of the fastest drivers of the sport wouldn't want to drive a shared GT3 car for half an hour around Misano on a 22 car race where half of those cars are not even driven exclusively by pros. But I guess not everyone must agree with your opinion.
You are not excused. You are just coming across like an arrogant misinformed fanboy.
F1 is dead.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

DiogoBrand

McG wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 14:23
You are not excused. You are just coming across like an arrogant misinformed fanboy.
:roll:

marmer

McG wrote:
DiogoBrand wrote:
McG wrote:

Make up your mind.

If GT3 had any real talent the championship would award far more super licence points..... The FIA clearly think the driving standard is low some X footballers get away at GT3 level so don't go round telling people it's a high standard

McG

marmer wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 20:43
McG wrote:
DiogoBrand wrote:

If GT3 had any real talent the championship would award far more super licence points..... The FIA clearly think the driving standard is low some X footballers get away at GT3 level so don't go round telling people it's a high standard
The FIA can bugger off. It's SRO that run the best GT3 championships.
F1 is dead.

McG

Alonso should pilot the space shuttle.
F1 is dead.