50% discount for F1TV pro

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zeph

Re: 50% discount for F1TV pro

I signed up, and while I haven’t watched the live stream yet, I can already say the iPad app needs an overhaul. It works better in the browser, and even that is not great. It all looks slick enough, but navigating the archives isn’t great. For example, I finish watching the first race of the 1987 season, and to get to the second race, I have to scroll through the years and races and reload everything because archives default back to 2018 every time.
Also, videos will stop working if you switch tabs or the computer goes to sleep. Meaning, you take a bathroom break and you’ll have to refresh the page which starts the video from zero again.

None of this is a dealbreaker, you can work around it, but if they really want everybody to sign up, they need to fix the UI.

nevill3

Last year Now TV offered the 10 month F1 season for £150 one off fee (Half price I think). Lets hope they do it again this year
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Juzh

zeph wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 18:02
I signed up, and while I haven’t watched the live stream yet, I can already say the iPad app needs an overhaul. It works better in the browser, and even that is not great. It all looks slick enough, but navigating the archives isn’t great. For example, I finish watching the first race of the 1987 season, and to get to the second race, I have to scroll through the years and races and reload everything because archives default back to 2018 every time.
Also, videos will stop working if you switch tabs or the computer goes to sleep. Meaning, you take a bathroom break and you’ll have to refresh the page which starts the video from zero again.

None of this is a dealbreaker, you can work around it, but if they really want everybody to sign up, they need to fix the UI.
It's been like this since the beggining. UI has not seen any significant updates worth mentioning.

meteoro300

Shoot!!! i was out and about when i got the notice on Sunday.. is it still available??

zeph

Juzh wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 18:46
zeph wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 18:02

It's been like this since the beggining. UI has not seen any significant updates worth mentioning.
Yeah, and now I find out it’s not on Apple TV nor Roku, so on the big screen your only option is mirroring or Chromecast.
Mirroring from an iDevice to Apple TV works, ish. You can tell it needs a lot of bandwidth.

flexcon

Sky in the UK/ireland just announced you can add Sky sports F1 as a single line channel for £10€13 a month without a contract and its fixed for 2 years.

I spoke to them today and they also mentioned they weren’t sure but NOW tv should offer the same starting the following week and that is on Apple tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlatinumZealot

f1 Tv pro has a free 7 day trial on offer now.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ThumbsUp

I have tried F1TV Pro this qualy and I streamed it from the browser to my chromecast on the side I’ve had my iPad with live timing.

But the big issue for me was that the stream and live timing where out of sync by 54 seconds. And the stream was down on live timing.

And the stream was also down on the regular broadcast on tv which is Ziggo Sport from the Netherlands

Any others experienced this kind of issue?

marvin78

It's normal for an online stream. 54s is much but not unusual. I have seen worse.

ThumbsUp

But then they should fix the live timing app with a sync function or something. It’s not a great experience if it’s a min later you see the actual laps..

zeph

marvin78 wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 21:22
It's normal for an online stream. 54s is much but not unusual. I have seen worse.
That’s not normal. Discrepancies of ~1 sec are not unusual, 54 is insane.

Interestingly, I started with F1TV Pro on my iPad and found it was just a fraction of a second ahead of ESPN. I chose to watch ESPN because I felt too lazy to mirror the iPad to the TV.

lio007

Any chance there will be another discount available for F1TVpro ?

Preseason-testing starts on 19th Feb. and my subscription ends on 16th :roll:

Wouter

lio007 wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 22:10
Any chance there will be another discount available for F1TVpro ?

Preseason-testing starts on 19th Feb. and my subscription ends on 16th :roll:
Yes, I read it today! Ad F150 and you get 50% off. I don't know until when (31 dec?) you can use this code,
but you get 50% off for one year or one month, you can choose.

If you now order a new subscription with a 50% discount, only applies to a new subscription, it is better to cancel the old one, just to be sure, before they automatically extend it.
The Power of Dreams!

zeph

I got mine earlier this year, with added discounts it came to around $30, go figure.

However, I won’t be renewing my subscription. The iPad app is absolutely useless, it doesn’t do anything, and they haven’t updated since I downloaded it.

It works a little better in the browser, but even there the UI really needs to be improved. Oddly, the free F1 app is regularly updated.

They need to get this sorted. I actually got YoutubeTV so I could watch the races on ESPN; it simply didn’t work in the app and live-streaming didn’t work in the browser either for me.

Bummer, I’m really on board with the idea, but if it doesn’t work, I’m not gonna keep paying for it. One thing that I did enjoy was the archive. I rewatched classic seasons from the 80’s and that was absolutely worth the $30 I paid.

After they fix the mobile apps, they really need to release apps for the Roku/AppleTV/FireTV/Xbox/PS4. I wanna watch this on the app on the big screen.

McL-H

Thank you! I immediately started a new subscription. €32 is peanuts. I do agree they need to update it substantially. UI is horrible and servers are a mess as I keep losing connection every now and then. I am also hoping to soon see the promised AppleTV app.

But even though it has problems, I prefer anything over watching the Dutch broadcast of Formula Max.