Niki Lauda's passing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dans79

Re: Niki Lauda's passing

197 104 103 7

Morteza

Watching this video again feels a whole lot different now. It hit me even harder :cry:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Mach

flexcon wrote:
21 May 2019, 09:05
RIP.

That's me putting on "Rush" tonight to feel nostalgic somewhat.
Me too

Andres125sx

One of the greatest ever, inside and outside the cockpit. I´ll miss him. RIP

bosyber

Mach wrote:
22 May 2019, 01:17
flexcon wrote:
RIP.

Me too
Same here - RTL Germany had, from 8pm to midnight, planned a Niki Lauda evening - saw their 'Servus, Niki!' bit which was good (OT: gosh, mimic of mouth, eyes of Ralf Schumacher reminds so much of Michael - don't think that was always the case), and then they showed Rush.

For me, soon after the RTL broadcast broke down, I think Vodafone cable stopped it and Sat1. from working, so switched to my local copy of Rush (advantage - no un-fast-forwardable ad-breaks either).

Morteza

Last edited by Morteza on 22 May 2019, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Schuttelberg

Lost an absolute legend! What a --- feeling!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Morteza

Mach

bosyber wrote:
22 May 2019, 09:46
Mach wrote:
22 May 2019, 01:17
flexcon wrote:
RIP.

Me too
Same here - RTL Germany had, from 8pm to midnight, planned a Niki Lauda evening - saw their 'Servus, Niki!' bit which was good (OT: gosh, mimic of mouth, eyes of Ralf Schumacher reminds so much of Michael - don't think that was always the case), and then they showed Rush.

For me, soon after the RTL broadcast broke down, I think Vodafone cable stopped it and Sat1. from working, so switched to my local copy of Rush (advantage - no un-fast-forwardable ad-breaks either).
The movies ending in the plane hanger....... Classic Niki.
".....So, don't let me down now. I need you busting my balls. - Get back to work. - I will, Niki, I will"

bosyber

Yeah, the movie might not be entirely accurate in the facts (though it got the gist of it to tell the story) but it, and Daniel Brühl, certainly got Lauda's character down pat, and I suspect Hunt as well.

CriXus

Vettel's tribute helmet for Monaco.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

Mach

bosyber wrote:
23 May 2019, 07:20
Yeah, the movie might not be entirely accurate in the facts (though it got the gist of it to tell the story) but it, and Daniel Brühl, certainly got Lauda's character down pat, and I suspect Hunt as well.
True enough. But, don't you like those old stories about parents...uncles/aunties etc....that are embellished and stretched somewhat :D

bosyber

Heh, sure, it usually makes for a more exciting story - especially if you see their children/parents/siblings who know the full truth roll their eyes at it :-D I loved Rush, and don't mind any of the embellishing, it's just a great ride as it is.

Mach

Yes movie was a good ride....and agree with eye rolling which usually leads to jokes and sometimes fierce debates!!

TAG

great tribute from Mercedes with this one, also one of the hundreds of three pointed stars on the engine cover is colored red.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत