Esteban Ocon's future drives

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Zarathustra

Re: Esteban Ocon's future drives

My guess?

Bottas keeps his seat.
Ocon to Renault.
Hulkenberg to Haas.
Grosjean out.

NathanOlder

Surely Renault won't ditch Hulkenberg though?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

dans79

NathanOlder wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 18:36
Surely Renault won't ditch Hulkenberg though?
Hulk will be 32 next year, has one pole and has never finished higher than 4th in 166 starts (this is a record). His 2019 contract is alleged to be 4.5 Million.

I'm sure Ocon will be much cheaper, and has a lot more time left than Hulk does!
197 104 103 7

Zarathustra

+ he’s French.

Jolle

Zarathustra wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 21:20
+ he’s French.
+ he's been in their program even before Renault took control again (And been their reserve driver)

izzy

isn't the best thing for pretty much everybody to lend Esteban to Haas and see how he and Valtteri each get on for a few races? apart from for Romain of course :)

Manoah2u

If his seat won't get continued, which i expect, then i'm positive Hulk is gonna retire from F1 and fancy LeMans and WEC.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Pyrone89

Ocon to Renault sounds logical, but only if he completely severs ties with Mercedes. Renault would be stupid to invest in Ocon only to have him pulled finally when the partnership starts getting in the groove. Biggest point for Renault is that Ocon is French and is the fastest of the French drivers. However I still dont see WDC material in him based on his fights with Perez. Now ofcourse it could also be that Perez is secretly WDC material, skewering our judgement.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Jolle

Don’t forget that Perez is fast and experienced. He was part of the Ferrari development program and would have replaced Massa if he hadn’t made the choice to fasttrack his career to replace Hamilton at wat we know now the first year of underperformance at McLaren.

If a car is relative easy to drive, you’ll see small to no differences in drivers, so a head to head without a clear winner is more then once a testament to the drivability of a car. Look at the Mercedes from last year (the Diva) vs this year.

Pyrone89

Jolle wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 01:04
Don’t forget that Perez is fast and experienced. He was part of the Ferrari development program and would have replaced Massa if he hadn’t made the choice to fasttrack his career to replace Hamilton at wat we know now the first year of underperformance at McLaren.

If a car is relative easy to drive, you’ll see small to no differences in drivers, so a head to head without a clear winner is more then once a testament to the drivability of a car. Look at the Mercedes from last year (the Diva) vs this year.
How about Ocon replacing Grosjean for the remainder of the season, Haas gets a better driver and has time to look for a 2020 replacement, Ocon and his future employer happy because he can get back in the race ritum already instead of having to waste the first races at his new employer to do that. If Haas plays it smart they can even get some money on top of it from Ocon’s future employer for that service.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Zarathustra

Zarathustra wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 17:59
My guess?

Bottas keeps his seat.
Ocon to Renault.
Hulkenberg to Haas.
Grosjean out.
8) whois daddy..

Webber2011