All F1 drivers race suit sponsor logos are currently heat printed stickers nowadays

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
theriusDR3

All F1 drivers race suit sponsor logos are currently heat printed stickers nowadays

Sample of heat-printed driver race suit.

F1 drivers race suit sponsor logos are abandoning computer embroidery in favor of heat printed stickers because of
thread-efficiency. Not just in Motorsport, the football/soccer shirts also abandoning computer embroidery in favor of heat printed stickers.

Maritimer

Re: All F1 drivers race suit sponsor logos are currently heat printed stickers nowadays

Lighter, more flexible, likely cheaper. Total no-brainer.

hollus

Re: All F1 drivers race suit sponsor logos are currently heat printed stickers nowadays

Surely these are different from the elbow and knee protection pads which I used 35 years ago as a school kid that would be “heat printed” with a hot iron.
Care to explain more?
Rivals, not enemies.

z.topoln

Not much hollus.

Other than being ironed with industrial iron that holds much more pressure and heat, allowing for better adhesion of stickers (which are made ina different process rather than homemade printer) . In a nutshell its the same thing.

I dont understand the comment for football tho. From 2009 to 2015 i worked in a print shop that had silk screen printing also. You had special paper for termo prints, on that paper you silkscreened a print, than overlayed it with glue. Ofcourse you did it in mirror image. After that we cut it to pieces and sent it to football team. They had their own hotpress, and stamped at their house. We just provided them with stickers.

The club in name was a 10 times in a row national champion in Croatia, they played champions league with shirts made like that, so i guess that most of the clubs use that tehnique for some time already.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

zac510

Perhaps in the past this compromised the fire safety aspect.

mzso

What's wrong with good old paint, or dye-and-binder?

Jolle

zac510 wrote:
07 Jul 2019, 11:34
Perhaps in the past this compromised the fire safety aspect.
Probably more to do with them just buying/getting standerd racing suits and they had to sow the logos on themselves. Now with better equipped and bigger sponsorships, they are all custom made. Just the ongoing development