Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DChemTech
DChemTech

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Hulkenberg states he's talking to 2 teams (according to one of the less-reliable dutch F1 gossip pages). Anyone knows which teams these allegedly are (or otherwise, speculation?)

adrianjordan

DChemTech wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 09:37
Hulkenberg states he's talking to 2 teams (according to one of the less-reliable dutch F1 gossip pages). Anyone knows which teams these allegedly are (or otherwise, speculation?)
My guess would be Haas and Alfa
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Big Tea

DChemTech wrote:
Dont know if it is the same short interview I saw (think it was Buxton???) but I notice he said 2 teams, not 2 F1 teams, for what its worth.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Racer X

DChemTech wrote:
I dont think anyone KNOWs because even if you asked the correct 2 teams they would pretend to not be talking to anyone.

But we can all guess Haas & Alfa I mean hes a stronger driver then Romain and Gio... So he could easily outperform those two.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

NathanOlder

Just reading that Sergio Perez thinks he is quite safe about his seat next year at Racing Point/Aston Martin. Makes me hope that its Lance to go
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Bottom 5 drivers that should NOT currently be in F1?

KVY(Slower than ALB and GAS, too many mistakes and crashes)

GIO(slower than RAI until recently, too many mistakes and crashes)

LAT(too slow, did not prove himself in the junior categories)

GRO(generally slower than MAG, too many mistakes and crashes)

?STR(generally slower than his teammate, didn't fully earn his way in thru the junior categories, has shown some talent, maybe F1 talent but not ready yet)

? OCO(was inferior to WER, PER and RIC,
too many mistakes and crashes early in his F1 career, didn't fully earn his way in thru the junior categories, has shown some talent, maybe F1 talent but not ready yet)

?RAI(too old? Losing speed? Losing motivation? GIO has been beating him in qually lately, has been making more mistakes than usual in his career)

?VET(teammate dominating him, too many mistakes and crashes)

Top 5 drivers to replace them ALO(already confirmed), HUL, WER, who else?
Last edited by ENGINE TUNER on 13 Aug 2020, 20:37, edited 3 times in total.

raymondu999

NathanOlder wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 18:09
Just reading that Sergio Perez thinks he is quite safe about his seat next year at Racing Point/Aston Martin. Makes me hope that its Lance to go
Lance put out a very interesting comment today that surprised me, he said if the team asks him to go he would accept; and that he has to remember there is a father/son relationship and a different employer/employee relationship. Very mature PoV from him I think
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

graham.reeds
graham.reeds

NathanOlder wrote:
That would make Christmas Dinner awkward.

Racer X

raymondu999 wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 03:35
NathanOlder wrote:
Lance put out a very interesting comment today that surprised me, he said if the team asks him to go he would accept; and that he has to remember there is a father/son relationship and a different employer/employee relationship. Very mature PoV from him I think
Just to add more fuel BWT held some promotional events with Vettel as a guest and it seems BWT is interested in being part of Aston Martin next year and Sergio's Sponsors are also adding money to Aston Martin.

So it seems BWT/Telmex

Vettel/Pérez

Are such a strong business option that even Lance has to be ready for the final decision.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

raymondu999

Is there any coverage of that BWT event? Photos, articles?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

NathanOlder

I will gladly support Aston if they keep Perez and Sign Seb. but if its Seb and Lance..... they can rot at the back for all I care. They have a great car, they need to extract as much as possible. Seb and Perez would be a top pairing and shows the ambition of the team. I think they will earn a lot of respect if they keep hold of Perez.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

adrianjordan

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 17:16
I will gladly support Aston if they keep Perez and Sign Seb. but if its Seb and Lance..... they can rot at the back for all I care. They have a great car, they need to extract as much as possible. Seb and Perez would be a top pairing and shows the ambition of the team. I think they will earn a lot of respect if they keep hold of Perez.
They lost all respect from me when they kept Perez after he was reported to have broken isolation rules in between races and contracted Covid as a result.

That should have been investigated and should have led to him being dropped immediately in my opinion. He risked the lives of his team members and that is unforgivable.

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Big Tea

adrianjordan wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 23:13
NathanOlder wrote:
They lost all respect from me when they kept Perez after he was reported to have broken isolation rules in between races and contracted Covid as a result.

That should have been investigated and should have led to him being dropped immediately in my opinion. He risked the lives of his team members and that is unforgivable.
There are those who say he went to mexico looking for enough funding to be 'the other driver' at RP/AM next year and he did it with the teams blessing. Don't recall where I read AM are not keen on the pink colour, it is not their expected image.

Possibly it was not a jolly, and his mother had been in hospital too apparently.

Not defending him for it, just saying
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

adrianjordan

Big Tea wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 23:17
adrianjordan wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 23:13
NathanOlder wrote:

There are those who say he went to mexico looking for enough funding to be 'the other driver' at RP/AM next year and he did it with the teams blessing. Don't recall where I read AM are not keen on the pink colour, it is not their expected image.

Possibly it was not a jolly, and his mother had been in hospital too apparently.

Not defending him for it, just saying
Fair enough, but there remains the rumoured photos posted by his wife of him at a party.

NathanOlder

Probably just rumours like you say.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.